I'm having some pretty serious issues with memory leaks on my phone. I've already deleted things that I don't use and after a fresh restart I'm up around 10 megs, but throughout the day I get it down to around 5 and the last time it was around three, all my SMS and call logs went missing. I know that other carriers are supporting 4.3.0.71 but Verizon is still on 4.3.0.60
    12-12-07 07:38 AM
    Why are you complaining when the majority of BB users are still waiting for the OS v4.3 to begin with. We are still stuck on 4.2! Oh and I have no idea when ur update will be out.
    12-12-07 08:42 AM
    If you were loosing your SMS and Call Logs on a daily basis, you'd be complaining to =)
    12-13-07 08:28 AM
    First off, Who has .71???? There probably isn't anything huge from .60 to .71 other then spelling issues,lol. Second I don't have any issues with losing call log or sms. Hmmmm take it back to VZW!!! I always say, if there is a small problem its going to lead to a big problem. Hop in the car and head over to VZW and have it swapped!!!!

Click
    Last edited by ClickLeach; 12-14-07 at 03:34 PM. Reason: One day I'll spell check before I post!
    12-14-07 03:33 PM
    This is my first post! Yay Me! Ok, anyway!

I had a major memory leak as well. I lost all kinds of sms, call logs and it even started giving me problems with my BBM.
    I called Verizon and they did the the typical read from the book problem solving all of which I tried. Finally they asked me to take it to a Verizon store so they could wipe it. I did that already too. After I told them that they sent me a new one! I still have a little memory loss with the new one, but it's great compared to my old one.
    Send it back man! That's my suggestion.
    12-16-07 03:44 PM
    The easy way to prevent the memory leak is to take the battery out at least once a day and make sure close programs and not just back out of them
    12-16-07 10:28 PM
    The easy way to prevent the memory leak is to take the battery out at least once a day and make sure close programs and not just back out of them
    I do that (well via Soft Reset because I hate pulling the plug on electronics unless it's totally necessary) but that's really unacceptable. I mean what other cell phone do you have to turn on and off everyday to prevent loss of data?

My memory leak issues are better after reinstalling the software. It's not perfect but it's better. I haven't lost call logs since but that means I have to remember to reset the phone once a day. I can get away with a week but haven't tried to risk it more since. I will now and see what happens.
    12-18-07 09:08 AM
    How do you ...

1) Soft reset an 8130?
    2) Reinstall the software (and are you referring to the OS and all apps)?
    12-18-07 11:34 AM
    Do you use the memory cleaner thats included with your 4.3?
    12-18-07 12:34 PM
    I do something but haven't really made it an habit
    12-18-07 07:59 PM
    I installed a softreset program that can be found here:
    geek and proud - BlackBerry Software

under soft reset
    12-28-07 11:13 PM
    Why is my BlackBerry losing its call logs or message logs? - BlackBerryFAQ

How do I free up memory on my device? - BlackBerryFAQ

Additional information on memory leaks on the 8100 - BlackBerryFAQ

Also, frequent use of the application switcher (alt + esc to switch applications) will eat memory. It's a known issue at RIM and there is a KB article about it at Blackberry.com.

Memory leaks are usually 3rd party apps (let us know what you have installed) or the application switcher. Combine that with memory being used for other things that you don't even use and you end up losing call logs and emails when the memory cleaner kicks in to free up memory when it gets low.
    12-29-07 12:22 AM
    If you have your phone auto turnoff once a day even for a minute it should fix the loss of memory problem.
    01-03-08 04:29 PM
    If you have your phone auto turnoff once a day even for a minute it should fix the loss of memory problem.
    So if I set the tiem to turn off at 3:00am then back at 3:01am. it will clear up the memory loss????

Is this the same as pulling the battery, doesn't seem so since on auto shut off the BB still has power it's just sleeping.....
    01-03-08 04:34 PM
    when i try to download autolock a message appears cod no found
    11-27-08 08:28 PM
    what can i door what im doing wrong
    11-27-08 08:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD