11-07-10 11:49 AM
35 12
tools
    verizon is hands down the best network in the nation. blackberries are what i like to use and what I have used for the past decade. it's annoying; however, to see the best phones always on at&t. the torch is a great phone...id love to have one but would never switch over to at&t.

when will verizon get a new blackberry?
    10-05-10 08:39 PM
    CrackBerry.com > Forums > Upcoming/Rumored Smartphones
    10-05-10 08:57 PM
    GSM always gets better devices first because it is a more popular standard worldwide than CDMA. Hopefully the selection improves once both AT&T and VZW are using LTE.
    10-05-10 10:58 PM
    LTE, like the sandman stated, is the best choice for any provider, once they do so.

I'm personally fine with mine, it won't be uipgraded unless my contract us up. Beware, december 30th 2012 approaches... LOL

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-10 12:05 AM
    Well i'm no rocket scientist but the best & only answer to your question would be to...maybe....ask Verizon?

pick up the phone, ring a number for customer services & ask away...

..if they don't know then I doubt a third party website will know.
    10-06-10 05:50 AM
    RIM made the Storm 3, Verizon said "No, this phone sucks!". End of story.
    10-06-10 05:52 AM
    Phones seem to always get better when they come to CDMA. Example, the 8330 Curve had more memory (90 MB instead of 64 MB). The 9650 Bold has more memory and larger keyboard than the 9700 Bold, etc. Let's hope the Torch when it comes to Verizon CDMA will continue the trend with 1 Gig processor, more memory and better resolution screen.
    10-06-10 09:18 AM
    Phones seem to always get better when they come to CDMA. Example, the 8330 Curve had more memory (90 MB instead of 64 MB). The 9650 Bold has more memory and larger keyboard than the 9700 Bold, etc. Let's hope the Torch when it comes to Verizon CDMA will continue the trend with 1 Gig processor, more memory and better resolution screen.
    Seeing that CDMA devices come out around a year after their GSM counterparts, they should be a lot more advanced. A wee bit more memory doesn't a more advanced device make. In that year the processors should be faster, screen technology/resolution should be improving, better cameras, etc.
    10-06-10 10:30 AM
    Until Rim releases a decent device I don't see Verizon getting any more blackberry's. They just cancelled the new storm and are releasing 11 new android devices before the end of the year!
    10-06-10 12:28 PM
    Maybe if Verizon hadn't got so greedy and crapped on RIM by pushing DROID over the Storm 2, the situation would be different. Android is pure profit for Verizon since they don't have to share the profits from data plans with anyone.

10-06-10 12:36 PM
    verizon is hands down the best network in the nation. blackberries are what i like to use and what I have used for the past decade. it's annoying; however, to see the best phones always on at&t. the torch is a great phone...id love to have one but would never switch over to at&t.

when will verizon get a new blackberry?
    If you don't already have one, your best bet is probably to just get a Bold
    9650 right now. It's made for OS6 to run on it and there are already leaks for
    it. I wouldn't hold my breath for Verizon to release great new phones for BB's
    especially when they're busy in bed with Google and the Android platform.
    10-06-10 12:40 PM
    Maybe if Verizon hadn't got so greedy and crapped on RIM by pushing DROID over the Storm 2, the situation would be different. Android is pure profit for Verizon since they don't have to share the profits from data plans with anyone.

2008 - Verizon heavily markets the Blackberry Storm

2009 - Verizon heavily markets the Motorola Droid

In retrospect, which situation do you think that Verizon is more pleased with? Verizon didn't crap on RIM, RIM crapped on themselves with the Storm.
    10-06-10 12:43 PM
    I hope VZW gets the new 3G pearl sometime soon. It is a little overdue for an update and there aren't many smartphones in that size category.

10-06-10 01:06 PM
    38 cities to get 4G THIS YEAR!!
    10-06-10 01:12 PM
    38 cities to get 4G THIS YEAR!!
    so what? the question is "when will verizon get a new blackberry?" not "when will 38 cities get 4G?"
    10-06-10 01:21 PM
    so what? the question is "when will verizon get a new blackberry?" not "when will 38 cities get 4G?"
    lol^^^^^^^
    10-06-10 01:22 PM
    lol^^^^^^^
    And..... there's a whole thread on 38 citites getting 4G in the Storm2 forum, apparently because only Storm2 devices/owners are affected by that little nugget of knowledge.
    10-06-10 01:32 PM

Verizon crapped on the Storm series? How, by promoting devices average consumers (versus BB fanatics) would be more likely to enjoy?
    10-06-10 02:51 PM
    Verizon crapped on the Storm series? How, by promoting devices average consumers (versus BB fanatics) would be more likely to enjoy?
    Very true!
    10-06-10 03:15 PM
    so i take it verizon is not getting any new blackberries any time soon and is going to focus on the andriod
    10-07-10 04:21 AM
    so i take it verizon is not getting any new blackberries any time soon and is going to focus on the andriod
    If they're smart.
    10-07-10 05:25 AM

Greedy? Hmm...promote current devices with current spec standards or promote old devices and refreshes with old specs? Nah, I think Verizon knows what they are doing.
    10-07-10 12:35 PM
    Probably until LTE devices start rolling out. Verizon already has the best of what RIM can offer besides the Torch. So far I have heard OS 6 runs better on the candybar QWERTYs anyways.
    10-07-10 12:38 PM

Maybe if RIM hadn't crapped on itself by NOT answering iPhone, VZW wouldn't have been forced to run to Android to compete, RIM isn't perfect, in fact, far from it. The fascination RIM has with "conserving data," has left it far behind. OS 6 is too little too late, as Android is evolving very quickly, and it isn't an "evolutionary leap.".

10-07-10 03:52 PM
    It seems like the grass is always greener no matter which phone company we use... I guess it's a matter of opinion.
    10-07-10 09:01 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD