10-26-14 01:56 PM
31 12
tools
    I'm on Verizon and would like to purchase a Passport.
    10-05-14 09:12 PM
    Right now, there are no plans for the Passport to be available on Verizon.

Verizon would have to pay a lot of engineering fees to get the device to be a CDMA device to work on their network.

Now if you have an international device and have the Verizon sim you could try that in a passport and see what happens
    10-05-14 09:15 PM
    The gsm passport will not work on Verizon at all. The main reason is because Verizon will not activate a non-Verizon branded phone on their network, even if it might have one of their LTE bands.
    10-06-14 11:28 PM
    And they'll be losing 2 customers here when out for ATT - only bc I refuse to pay full price and I figure the kinks will be worked out by then. After their quiet kill of the Z30 which has caused my office nothing but a pain in the ***, and now this....buh bye.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 11:48 PM
    Doesn't look like they will ever. Already have one Passport here and waiting for another one for my wife, and then we are waving goodbye to Verizon after over 10 years and heading over to AT&T. It's too bad, service has always been solid and I'm the type of guy that doesn't like change, but they leave me no choice.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 11:53 PM
    I know many people claim it is "regional" for carriers in the USA. That is just not the case. If you want nation wide coverage Verizon is the only option. Sure AT&T and T-MOBILE may be able to work in the big cities and secondary cities... If you want to hit the USA market never come out on AT&T first. This was Apples biggest mistake. Android would have never became what it is, if they would have released on Verizon.

It is always a fail when you don't release on Verizon.
    10-07-14 07:51 PM
    For what it's worth I was talking to shop BlackBerry today and they said they were going to release a phone compatible for Verizon in the next few month. I had actually called about putting a passport on AT&T when she gave me that information. She actually reenter rated it one more time at the end. Like I said take it for what it's worth however it was a BlackBerry rep At shop BlackBerry.com

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 07:55 PM
    For what it's worth I was talking to shop BlackBerry today and they said they were going to release a phone compatible for Verizon in the next few month. I had actually called about putting a passport on AT&T when she gave me that information. She actually reenter rated it one more time at the end. Like I said take it for what it's worth however it was a BlackBerry rep At shop BlackBerry.com

Posted via CB10
    It will be the classic. Makes more sense based on phones they are keeping in stock. FOOLS

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 08:04 PM

Posted via CB10
    Definitely is referring to the Classic. What's interesting is that it sounds as if shopblackberry.com will sell them too. They've sold unlocked GSM phones for a while now, but never Verizon models. I wonder if that's as far as Verizon will "carry" it. Perhaps just agreeing to allow them on their network, but letting BlackBerry do the sales. Either way I'm done with big red once my wife's Passport arrives.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 10:17 PM
    Definitely is referring to the Classic. What's interesting is that it sounds as if shopblackberry.com will sell them too. They've sold unlocked GSM phones for a while now, but never Verizon models. I wonder if that's as far as Verizon will "carry" it. Perhaps just agreeing to allow them on their network, but letting BlackBerry do the sales. Either way I'm done with big red once my wife's Passport arrives.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I never thought about the classic when she said that however she for sure said the passport but she was probably mixed up. Lol That's why said take it for what it's worth I've never had too much confidence and what reps told me

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 05:55 PM
    Remember ATT does have an exclusive. Of course there is no 'timing' on the length, but it is there. Verizon could also be in an wait and see mode. Its not like the Z10 really moved so they have no reason to believe the Passport would either.
    10-09-14 11:59 AM
    Remember ATT does have an exclusive. Of course there is no 'timing' on the length, but it is there. Verizon could also be in an wait and see mode. Its not like the Z10 really moved so they have no reason to believe the Passport would either.
    ATT has an exclusive because no one else wanted it. While I can't see any other US carriers changing their mind anytime soon , I can imagine that the exclusive would easily be terminated by BlackBerry in the event they would get a call from Verizon, Sprint, or even T-Mobile.

Posted via CB10
    ChainPunch likes this.
    10-09-14 02:32 PM
    ATT has an exclusive because no one else wanted it. While I can't see any other US carriers changing their mind anytime soon , I can imagine that the exclusive would easily be terminated by BlackBerry in the event they would get a call from Verizon, Sprint, or even T-Mobile.

Posted via CB10
    Wouldn't it be more likely that AT&T actually negotiated an exclusivity period like 6 months or a year? After all, they built their market position on a multi-year exclusive for a phone that nobody else wanted - the iPhone.
    10-09-14 02:37 PM
    Wouldn't it be more likely that AT&T actually negotiated an exclusivity period like 6 months or a year? After all, they built their market position on a multi-year exclusive for a phone that nobody else wanted - the iPhone.
    A locked in term is how exclusives work, so AT&T probably does have a term commitment. How long though would only be known to Ma Bell.
    10-09-14 02:45 PM
    Verizon took a pasting with the rebooting Z10 issues and the resulting returns at its launch.

They may have said goodbye.

Posted via Verizon Z10!
    undone likes this.
    10-09-14 03:40 PM
    I spent some time figuring out if I could use Google voice to transfer my primary with unlimited over to my wife. I won't go into the details. It would have worked... Except she still is under contract. So if I canceled it I would get stuck with a ETF... So I would have been stuck paying $10 extra on Verizon, so I could just jump to AT&T.

Sad thing is I convinced myself of doing all this crazy phone number swapping until I remembered the ETF

I guess I am stuck on Verizon. I would never let this unlimited go, thus I wanted my wife to get it...
    10-09-14 08:03 PM
    Probably never.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 08:14 PM
    There is that positive attitude I come to crave from these forums!
    10-09-14 08:16 PM
    Verizon took a pasting with the rebooting Z10 issues and the resulting returns at its launch.

They may have said goodbye.

Posted via Verizon Z10!
    personally I never had the issue and I got the device at launch. lucky in that regard.
    10-10-14 08:50 AM
    personally I never had the issue and I got the device at launch. lucky in that regard.
    Me too! No problems.

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    10-10-14 06:44 PM
    I hope you're right and ATT actually wanted an exclusive, but sadly wasn't the case for the z30 and Verizon.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 10:16 AM
    Frustrating....spoke to Customer Service at VZW...multiple stores in the KC area...zip, zilch, nada, nothing. Due for an upgrade soon...so I guess I have to wait and see. But if VZW isn't going forward with the new BB devices on their network, I will take my business elsewhere. Hate the fact that they can't communicate with their customers either to tell us what is going on. Both VZW Customer Service associates tried to push other phones...and blamed BlackBerry as the reason they couldn't tell me anything. Truth is both companies could communicate with customers better...if they want to keep them...
    FF22 likes this.
    10-11-14 10:39 AM
    Haven't had any real issues with my Z10 either. This was my first all touch Blackberry after nearly 25 years of keyboards. Only complaint with the Z10 is battery life...
    10-11-14 10:45 AM
    Loving my Z10. Never any problems. And Verizon - will leave you in a heartbeat....

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 12:43 AM
    When I had my z10 I had it reboot 1 time. That is it. Was a great phone.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 01:05 AM
31 12