Just ordered the Droid X yesterday but it will not be shipped out until the 18th from what I was told. I gave the Customer service rep my credit card number and other information to charge my card. I checked my bank and I have not been charged for my order yet.

Will I be charged once the phone ships on the 18th??
    08-02-10 08:43 AM
    I used my debit card when I ordered my Incredible and my account was charged within 48 hours.
    08-02-10 11:16 AM
    Recently, with all of the backordering, they've been waiting to charge your card until it ships from the warehouse. But, you never know.
    08-02-10 03:51 PM
    Recently, with all of the backordering, they've been waiting to charge your card until it ships from the warehouse. But, you never know.
    Well I just called cs and was told either I would be charged right then and there or I would be charged right when my order ships out. I just want to make sure I don't spend anymore money from my bank account to cover my brand new Droid X
    08-02-10 04:10 PM
    I thought it was illegal to charge more than a certain amount of time before something ships (like 48 hours or something like that)?
    08-02-10 05:14 PM
    I thought it was illegal to charge more than a certain amount of time before something ships (like 48 hours or something like that)?
    Depends. Sometimes a small fee will be pulled to reserve the phone, like a preorder amount, and other times it'll charge the full amount (either when the phone ships, or when the phone is ordered!).
    08-02-10 05:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD