So when I hold "1" to dial voicemail and I get my verizon secretary saying "welcome to voicemail or whatever, please enter your password and hit pound key" and then instantly there is some dialing, not by me. It sounds like I'm hitting a speed dial of a few buttons (but I haven't touched a thing). Then I enter my password, hit #, and it tells me that's an invalid password and to re-enter.

Then, I enter it again and hit #, and it works. Happens this way every time, any ideas??
    07-03-08 06:48 PM
    Go to Phone. Hit Menu/Options. Click on Voicemail and check the options that are set. The number should be just your number with aread code. The password should be your password with a # at the end. (The # is just there to speed things along.) If you'd rather enter your own password in as the system prompts you, just clear the password field out. Then hit Menu and Save.
    07-03-08 07:16 PM
    Hey so you were right It's automatically dialing in my password after the chick asks for it and when I enter it in manually it's including it at the end of my auto-entry, obviously making it the wrong pw.

Thanks!
    07-03-08 07:18 PM
    Go to Phone. Hit Menu/Options. Click on Voicemail and check the options that are set. The number should be just your number with aread code. The password should be your password with a # at the end. (The # is just there to speed things along.) If you'd rather enter your own password in as the system prompts you, just clear the password field out. Then hit Menu and Save.
    I was wondering how to do that. Thanks! FWIW, I also add 11 after the pound to speed things up even more.
    07-04-08 09:04 PM
    okay this is probably a dumb question but how do i go to phone? everything else i follow but that- please help thanks.
    07-13-08 09:01 PM
    Actually you need to go into the call log icon then menu and options, then slect voicemail.
    07-13-08 09:05 PM
    "Going to Phone" = Press the green button that looks like a handset. Once you have that screen open you can press menu>options.

Or, as lastraid says, you can go to "Call Log" on your main desktop. Then press menu and go to options.
    07-13-08 09:08 PM
    thanks- i have done this and my phone is still asking for a password- is it because my phone is dialing *86 for voice mail and not my phone number?
    07-13-08 09:13 PM
    SHould set the phone up with your full number not *86. Also when you use the full number, it does not use minutes. *86 does. To answer question though I doubt it, but stanger things have happend
    07-13-08 09:49 PM
    Also when you use the full number, it does not use minutes. *86 does.
    Incorrect, you use minutes for both. Verizon does not consider calling VoiceMail a free feature.
    07-13-08 11:13 PM
    go into address book, menu, new address, name it whatever you want, program the number as *86.... then menu, scroll to "add pause", then paswword, then #. -- then from the home screen, press and hold down whatever key you want to program as your voice mail speed dial. The system will prompt "asign a seed dial to the "..." key yes or no. (if that particular key has not been programmed alrready) I use the "P" key since it's up in the corner and I can speed dial by touch my VM very easy while driving. -- at this point you should know how to program a speed dial, but just in case .... choosing yes will bring you to address book, scroll to the address you promammed w/ *86,pause,password,# ..... What this does: I don't have to type in my password or the "#" ... just a one touch speed dial and I'm listening to VM, I know this isn't an earth-shattering new concept, but that's kind of the purpose of forums, just sharing ideas and tips -- hope this helps someone. by the way, using that "pause" function is really helpful when programming a variety of things. i.e. when calling my bank, I always have to push option 2 for this, option 3 for this, option 4 for English, enter account number, and so on. If I know it's always the same options every time, I just program the options in w/ a pause betwen to let the automated system I'm calling keep up w/ me. I even program in the credit card number when calling my credit card company to check balance, staus of payment, etc. Then w/ a one touch spped dial I go through all of the prompts and am immediately into my account info. Also use this for Verizon Customer Service- enter your phone number, PIN, option for whatever it is you call routinely -- the funtionality is endless and I think very helpful
    07-14-08 01:56 PM
    Incorrect, you use minutes for both. Verizon does not consider calling VoiceMail a free feature.
    Interesting, As myself and the boss have tried this and no minutes have been charged. O-well. Yes I was alos under the impression it did.
    07-14-08 05:05 PM
    Great thread. I've been trying to figure out how to add the password for days. Thanks.
    10-12-09 01:44 PM
    tswelsh, since I've figured this out, it's one of the first features I set up on someone's device!
    10-12-09 01:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD