I will be traveling to Mexico (Mayan Riviera) next month for a week. What do I need to do to use my Tour (most cost effectively, of course)? I currently use Messenger - how does that work if I'm in Mexico and sending messages to the US? What is the best plan for voice and or/texting and email (data).

Thanks!
    03-29-10 04:41 PM
    You should switch to the Unlimited International Data Plan ($64.99) the day you leave (or the day before) and switch back to your standard plan when you return. You will only be billed for the days you have the international plan active.

Text messages will be billed at $0.50 outgoing and $0.05 incoming.

Voice rates are billed at $0.99 per minute.
    03-29-10 04:49 PM
    What uva185 said is correct. Don't forget about Skype, you can use that to make calls in Mexico Unlimited as long as it’s Skype to Skype. Their international rates I hear, for other numbers, are reasonable, so that's an option as well.
    03-29-10 05:16 PM
    Only 1X coverage there but phone will work. With global plan internet and bbm is unlimited
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

03-29-10 09:07 PM
    What uva185 said is correct. Don't forget about Skype, you can use that to make calls in Mexico Unlimited as long as its Skype to Skype. Their international rates I hear, for other numbers, are reasonable, so that's an option as well.
    Nevermind. I guess Skype is not available international anymore.

03-29-10 10:16 PM
    teddeli - is 'global plan' the same as the unlimited international data plan? If so, the only additional costs (above the plan) would be for texts and voice calls, correct?
    03-30-10 09:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD