specifially the Curve 8330 if that makes a difference

also, I would greatly appreciate it if someone could give me a link to download it, I already know how to manually load it on my phone
    09-17-09 09:02 PM
    It can vary by region, but the latest general release is 51567.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-09 09:43 PM
    Yep, it depends on where you live.
    09-17-09 10:24 PM
    Little Rock, Arkansas

Can you guys send me a link where I can download it?

corolada.com/prl does not have it right now
    09-17-09 10:58 PM
    to update your prl just dile *228 and opt 1
    09-17-09 11:42 PM
    Yeah *228 updates the PRL -- It does change by region and furthermore can change by device
    09-17-09 11:52 PM
    well... I am aware that *228 does that, but I actually have an Alltel device, but Verizon has taken over in my area, and I have been having some network issues with Alltel, so I wanted the Verizon PRL so I can load it on here and use their network, technically I think that would be ok, since Verizon owns Alltel

thats why I need a link to download it
    09-18-09 12:04 AM
    Here's your file.

Attachment 38093
    09-18-09 01:08 PM
    I couldn't find a more appropriate forum, but I need some help with Verizon/Alltel PRL's.

I am a former Alltel customer, now Verizon. My home reception was always poor, but since the merger with Verizon, it's been terrible. To deal with this, I just got a Verizon Network Extender, which installed just fine. The problem is, it won't 'see' our 3 Verizon phones because they have an Alltel PRL (30045).

So, I need to be able to install a Verizon PRL on our phones. According to Verizon's tech support, the current PRL for our area (north of Charlotte, NC) is 51440. I went to the Corolada site, but that one isn't listed there.

Does anybody know what PRL will work for this situation, where I can get it, what the unlock code is for Verizon when manually installing it (assuming I would use ##PRL)?

Someone else suggested editing the PRL I've got, which I'm willing to do, if someone can point to the appropriate tools and methods to do this.

Any advice appreciated. I'd really love to be able to reliably use our cell phones at home!

(If it matters, I have the HTC Touch Pro 2, wife has LG enV Touch, and daughter has the Motorola Rival - all 3 upgraded within the last few months, all are Verizon phones, and our plan remains Alltel).

Thanks!
    10-14-09 07:36 PM
    I have tried to manually load PRL's using QPST and it never seems to take. How do you load these?
    10-22-09 02:05 PM
    I have PRL 51638 on my 8330 after updating a week ago.

10-22-09 03:15 PM
    well... I am aware that *228 does that, but I actually have an Alltel device, but Verizon has taken over in my area, and I have been having some network issues with Alltel, so I wanted the Verizon PRL so I can load it on here and use their network, technically I think that would be ok, since Verizon owns Alltel

thats why I need a link to download it
    There are no VZW towers in your area. VZW had like 2 or 3 cell sites in the entire LR Metro according to most people. You are using an Alltel tower and do not need a VZW PRL.
    10-23-09 01:02 AM
    I couldn't find a more appropriate forum, but I need some help with Verizon/Alltel PRL's.

I am a former Alltel customer, now Verizon. My home reception was always poor, but since the merger with Verizon, it's been terrible. To deal with this, I just got a Verizon Network Extender, which installed just fine. The problem is, it won't 'see' our 3 Verizon phones because they have an Alltel PRL (30045).
    You will update to an Alltel PRL as long as you're on Alltel rate plans. Most likely the issues with your service can be blamed on the loss of roaming service with Sprint. That's the usual outcome...

So you can change your plan and then do a *228 update to get the correct VZW PRL.

Manually uploading PRL's to your phone can have adverse effects in billing if you start roaming off carriers that aren't covered in the Alltel rate plan.
    10-23-09 01:06 AM
    Little Rock, Arkansas

Can you guys send me a link where I can download it?

corolada.com/prl does not have it right now
    I have one word... *mute*

GET A VERIZON PLAN!
    Last edited by heather.law; 10-23-09 at 01:13 AM.
    10-23-09 01:08 AM
    *sigh* oh mighty mute button, how I love you so.
    10-23-09 01:10 AM
    Is this guy serious??????

*228 opt1 theres no "downloading" and then loading it...
    Not sure if I should consider going further with my opinions...
    *mute*
    Well... he's talking about downloading the file and then loading it to his BlackBerry manually using the QPST program by Qualcomm.
    10-23-09 01:11 AM
    Old thread is old

10-23-09 01:23 AM
    You will update to an Alltel PRL as long as you're on Alltel rate plans. Most likely the issues with your service can be blamed on the loss of roaming service with Sprint. That's the usual outcome...

So you can change your plan and then do a *228 update to get the correct VZW PRL.

Manually uploading PRL's to your phone can have adverse effects in billing if you start roaming off carriers that aren't covered in the Alltel rate plan.
    Update: I was able to find a current Verizon PRL at the corolado site, and manually installed it to my Touch Pro 2 using ##775. Reset and I can now connect with the Network Extender, and everything else seems fine.

My Alltel plan is Total Freedom, so there should never be any roaming charges, and with a current Verizon PRL, I really can't see any potential for roaming or billing issues. Thoughts on this?

My wife's LG enV Touch is proving more difficult. The ##775 or ##775# don't work on this Brew-based phone. I'm trying to figure out how to do this on her phone, likely using QPST, but I'm having problems finding instructions on precisely how to do this.

Anybody using QPST to manually install a PRN they have?
    10-23-09 10:11 AM
    my prl is 51611
    10-26-09 02:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD