I will shortly be eligible for and upgrade and don't see that i'll have choices. Passport will not work with Verizon and classic does not hold my interest. We don't even know that Verizon will carry the classic. The only smartphone that I'm interested in is blackberry and Verizon is reputed to have the best and most reliable network. I'm I truly between the proverbial rock and hard place?

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 07:32 AM
    VZW is hard to give up especially on unlimited plans if you somehow still have it. Best coverage too. Priorities might be carrier over phone depending what other carriers work where you are
    kbz1960 and DaFoxGrey like this.
    11-30-14 09:09 AM
    Well right now the Z30 is back in stock and really is a great device.

Hopefully when the Passport 2 comes out the will carry that.

Just like in the past they won't carry every device and BlackBerry is slowing down on rotating out their lineup.

I'm on VZW too and thought about swapping to AT&T, but figured when the next device comes out it may be a VZW exclusive. You just never know.

-Freeze

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 09:33 AM
    VZW is hard to give up especially on unlimited plans if you somehow still have it. Best coverage too. Priorities might be carrier over phone depending what other carriers work where you are
    Pretty much I've got tmobile, at&t and sprint. I don't think that sprint or at&t can compete with Verizon and don't know much about tmobile.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 10:15 AM
    Well right now the Z30 is back in stock and really is a great device.

Hopefully when the Passport 2 comes out the will carry that.

Just like in the past they won't carry every device and BlackBerry is slowing down on rotating out their lineup.

I'm on VZW too and thought about swapping to AT&T, but figured when the next device comes out it may be a VZW exclusive. You just never know.

-Freeze

Posted via CB10
    I want a physical keyboard. What is passport 2?

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 10:16 AM
    I want a physical keyboard. What is passport 2?

Posted via CB10
    Chen alluded to the successor the Passport. But I wouldn't expect that for at least a year.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 10:34 AM
    I will shortly be eligible for and upgrade and don't see that i'll have choices. Passport will not work with Verizon and classic does not hold my interest. We don't even know that Verizon will carry the classic. The only smartphone that I'm interested in is blackberry and Verizon is reputed to have the best and most reliable network. I'm I truly between the proverbial rock and hard place?

Posted via CB10
    OP, BB's web site says the classic be released in both GSM and CDMA versions, so it seems likely you could run the Classic on Verizon. However, I may also finally leave Verizon after a looong time for ATT if I have to.
    11-30-14 10:58 AM
    The thing is, is that you can always buy GSM and AT&T compatible devices off contract directly from BlackBerry.

Unfortunately with VZW you are stuck with what they decide to offer.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-30-14 11:08 AM

Posted via CB10
    We don't know for sure that Verizon won't carry the passport. Heck at&t hasn't even rolled it out. I would wait until the Dec 17 classic unveiling before making any hard and fast decisions.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 05:26 AM
    We don't know for sure that Verizon won't carry the passport. Heck at&t hasn't even rolled it out. I would wait until the Dec 17 classic unveiling before making any hard and fast decisions.

Posted via CB10
    I know that we don't know, just doesn't look promising. Verizon has not been showing BlackBerry and respect. I am not too interested in the classic.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 07:07 AM
    This is the same thing it has always been. I want the Passport too, but can't (I'm on VZW too). This is nothing new in the mobile phone market, AT&T was exclusive for the iPhone for years...

So here are your only options:

- Buy a Z10, Q10, Z30 or Classic
    - Change Service Providers
    - Wait for the possibility of a Passport like device in the future, this will be a long wait.
    - Move away from BlackBerry, but you still won't get the physical keyboard you want.

Unfortunately none of the carriers in the US are giving BlackBerry much love. At least Verizon exclusively carried the Z30 and will carry the Classic. Sounds to me like more love than AT@T has been giving them.
    12-01-14 08:44 AM
    If you become eligible for an upgrade does waiting mean that you will become eligible for your next upgrade later? That would be a deal killer for me. You are paying an additional $12-$15 per month towards your next upgrade whether or not you use it.
    12-01-14 09:01 AM
    If you become eligible for an upgrade does waiting mean that you will become eligible for your next upgrade later? That would be a deal killer for me. You are paying an additional $12-$15 per month towards your next upgrade whether or not you use it.
    Actually you can go to VZW and ask them to discount the device out of contract. I got $25 off that device. It's a manual thing that the representative has to do.

I didn't even know about it until last week. I had been paying $40 per month for a device that was off contract. Now I pay $15. HUGE difference.

As soon as you buy another device and they put you back on contract it goes back up.
    12-01-14 09:05 AM
    Actually you can go to VZW and ask them to discount the device out of contract. I got $25 off that device. It's a manual thing that the representative has to do.

I didn't even know about it until last week. I had been paying $40 per month for a device that was off contract. Now I pay $15. HUGE difference.

As soon as you buy another device and they put you back on contract it goes back up.
    Interesting. I never knew that. Let me understand, I have 5 lines on my account, 4 have basic phones which are not in contract, I've been paying $30 a line for them for years, I can get that discounted?

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 09:12 AM
    Interesting. I never knew that. Let me understand, I have 5 lines on my account, 4 have basic phones which are not in contract, I've been paying $30 a line for them for years, I can get that discounted?

Posted via CB10
    I don't think it will be much, but I believe so. I would imagine between $5 - $15 off per line.
    12-01-14 09:17 AM
    I know that we don't know, just doesn't look promising. Verizon has not been showing BlackBerry and respect. I am not too interested in the classic.

Posted via CB10
    Ah. The reason you wait until the classic launch is that is when blackberry is most likely to release more information, like of a new phone coming up or Verizon getting the passport. If you watched the passport event there was a lot more than merely showing off the passport.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 11:48 AM
    Does VZW offer the reduction on Family Share plans with all devices off contract?

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Z30
    12-01-14 07:12 PM
    I believe that's what I'm on, so yes.
    12-01-14 09:10 PM
    I definitely will choose to follow BlackBerry over Carrier any day of the week, but would be nice if I could stay with verizon. 8530, 9310, 9930, and currently Q10. So yes I will go where BlackBerry and my soon to be new phone Classic take me!!

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 11:19 AM