I have to say, Im a long time crackberry user. For months and months I heard people saying how bad they wanted OS 4.5. Can somebody explain whats the difference? I see Docs to go and a very Lame HTML email program. But thats it. Can someone please tell me whats the Big Deal.....
    11-06-08 09:51 AM
    streaming media
    11-06-08 10:06 AM
    11-06-08 10:14 AM
    I dont think html is lame, but I do think that tis annoying to have to manually "get images" for every single e-mail you receive
    11-06-08 10:21 AM
    i'm loving html email and more memory and docs to go!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-08 10:23 AM
    streaming media
    I could have sworn that my VZW 4.3 OS had youtube capabilities. I bought the phone last month and upgraded to .77 about 1 week after purchase.
    11-06-08 10:29 AM
    I dont think html is lame, but I do think that tis annoying to have to manually "get images" for every single e-mail you receive

Yeah, why have a "download images automatically" option when you still need to "get images" each time?

Not a huge deal for me as most of the time I could care less, but...
    11-06-08 10:30 AM
    It is a fair question. I debated myself before upgrading yesterday.

The one benefit I saw was HTML e-mail. Yes, it is annoying to have to do something to actually get the images, but my regular Outlook e-mail is configured the same way. It is just a fact of life because of security problems. So I only get the HTML images for a few select e-mails.

I also seem to have more "file free" space with new OS. Not sure why that is.

The drawbacks are:

- the time involved
    - having to re-configure certain things that were already working fine (ring tones, picture I used for home page, etc.)
    - a few minor glitches -- I have a phantom e-mail that keeps showing as 1 new message

Other than that, the upgrade went smoothly.
    11-06-08 10:42 AM
    As for youtube i could view videos with 4.3 and now with 4.5 as well.

11-06-08 10:44 AM
    I have to say, Im a long time crackberry user. For months and months I heard people saying how bad they wanted OS 4.5. Can somebody explain whats the difference? I see Docs to go and a very Lame HTML email program. But thats it. Can someone please tell me whats the Big Deal.....
    a less embarrassing browser that you'd hide from your iphone friends and show your opera mini instead?
    11-06-08 10:54 AM
    You also have to remember that the 8130 and 8330 were the only Blackberries to sport OS4.3 and have streaming support. All other users (the ones you keep reading that they wanted 4.5 so bad) had to run 4.2.x.x and lower which didn't have such things. Hope this puts it in perspective for you.
    11-06-08 11:04 AM
    I understand
    11-10-08 11:29 AM
    I actually liked 4.3 better. The html email is ok but the 4.5 bugs don't warrant a change in my opinion. In my honest opinion I would stick with 4.3.

If you do go with 4.5 I would go with the beta .97 I haven't noticed as much of a memory leak as .77

.77 is useless

11-10-08 12:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD