I'd like to know whats better then the Blackberry Curve 8330 and please don't say BlackBerry Storm because i had that the first time my Verizon Wireless account was created (2 months ago) and hated it. It does not have to be from Blackberry ether.
    06-12-09 08:43 AM
    Right now nothing for VZW. The tour will be coming later this year and the flip pearl very soon. If you like a qwerty KB, then the pearl would not be the device for you.
    06-12-09 08:47 AM
    It depends on what you need from your mobile device. If you only need/want the basics, Curve is the best of the current VZW BlackBerrys. Some will say that, overall, the Bold is better, but it is just an oversized Curve that is a bit more capable of doing the same things a Curve can do. A little more screen, a bit more resources, but you're still stuck with the BlackBerry limitations.

And with the Bold, you're stuck with AT&T.

If you want more capabilities, more software, better browsers, etc., you'll need to look beyond BlackBerry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-09 08:59 AM
    The blackberry curve.
    06-12-09 01:46 PM
    It does not have to be from Blackberry ether.
    If you want an ultra-basic smartphone and don't care if the RIM side goes down several times per month, the Curve is fine. If you want a phone that comes with PDF capability & flash isn't blocked from browser functionality and has enough memory included to actually have a lot of software then you might look at something like the Samsung Saga or upcoming Nokia smartphones. Even the HTC Touch Pro and Diamond abilities spank BB. New Palms are coming as well as other phones. The new LG env fraternal twins can do most everything a BB can do.

Why don't you tell us what is important to you and we can go from there?

And oh yeah. I am with you. The Storm sucks. It is a bastardization of a basic phone trying to be an iPhone.

06-12-09 01:58 PM
    The curve is the "safest" blackberry right now... Least amount of issues regarding the hardware itself. The OS is stable and its not too big. I love mine and I got it this past march 09
    ANY device is best left untouched for at least 6mo after launch. Especially if there's a new OS for it. IMHO

06-12-09 04:49 PM
    DD is right on some things but it all comes down to personal preferance. Just like windows and mac users or automatic vs manual. Each have their pros and cons.
    Flash is important to some and not others. Simplicity is key on MOST berries.
    I agree that BB needs to impliment Flash now that they have better browsers, its a standard video file on the net.
    I agree the Storm has not lived up to its potential, but I think it has the ability to be a kicking phone.
    When I worked for AT&T during both iPhone launches, I heard just as much complaining about it as I do daily about the storm.
    I don't like to bash or brag about any smart phone ( save the Q ) bc they all have their good points. Good luck in your search for the best phone for YOU. Nothing is going to be perfect.

06-12-09 04:58 PM
    It depends on what you need from your mobile device. If you only need/want the basics, Curve is the best of the current VZW BlackBerrys. Some will say that, overall, the Bold is better, but it is just an oversized Curve that is a bit more capable of doing the same things a Curve can do. A little more screen, a bit more resources, but you're still stuck with the BlackBerry limitations.

And with the Bold, you're stuck with AT&T.

If you want more capabilities, more software, better browsers, etc., you'll need to look beyond BlackBerry.

LMFAO@the Bold is just an oversized curve
    06-12-09 05:08 PM
    LMFAO@the Bold is just an oversized curve
    What can the "revered" Bold do that a Curve cannot? The Bold is an evolutionary device and not revolutionary by any stretch of the imagination. And it is huge. BB really went out of their way to make that pos a tidy and easy to manage brick, didn't they?

06-12-09 05:40 PM
    Hmm - have a SIM card and work in GSM countries
    06-12-09 05:44 PM
    And the 8300, 8310 & 8320 don't have a SIM card? Come on LR - try harder.
    What can the "revered" Bold do that a Curve cannot? The Bold is an evolutionary device and not revolutionary by any stretch of the imagination. And it is huge. BB really went out of their way to make that pos a tidy and easy to manage brick, didn't they?
    Hey Dog - you forgot to slam that brick for the extra-cheesy imitation Naugahide backing. Even the poor Naugabirds are appalled.

06-12-09 05:49 PM
    The Bold works on cdma?

Six of one, half dozen of another.

06-12-09 05:51 PM
    TwinsX2Dad And the 8300, 8310 & 8320 don't have a SIM card? Come on LR - try harder.
    Dang with me- I forgot for a moment that we are in the VZW forum. shame shame shame.

This is the problem working for VZW- I think curve I think VZW 8330
    06-12-09 05:52 PM
    Ditto Lastraid... I do that all the time... We're biased... DOH!

06-12-09 06:14 PM
    I have them both (8330/9530) and the Storm is the better device, IMO. No disrespect intended to the Curve.
    06-12-09 06:17 PM
    whats better then the bb curve?

SEX! But life with a blackberry is a close second.
    06-13-09 06:02 AM
    I'd like to know what you guru's think too. IF you were to get a new BB device and you were over the curve, what would you wait for?

FWIW, I use mine for business and I need a GREAT phone and GREAT email. The internet in 3rd on my list for needs and wants. Although it is nice to have. A few of my friends round here have the storm and all say it sucks but recently downloaded a new OS(?) and it's much better???
    Last edited by LS3Nole; 06-25-09 at 08:40 AM.
    06-13-09 07:43 AM
    eeeeeeh;
    If I were to want something BETTER than a curve???

is there such a thing? I guess my supervisor has an 8900 and likes it... But its about the same as a curve.. like a hybrid of storm and curve.
    no touchy screen and same shape as storm.
    I reeeeeally like my curve.

Its all about personal preferance though.
    06-13-09 08:38 AM
    right now the storm IS better than the curve. and i can prove it
    06-13-09 08:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD