03-21-10 05:40 AM
29 12
tools
    i am most likely switching to verizon from at&t soon here. I do a lot of texting but i am also on the phone a significant amount of time. i want something that feels alright against mty face (not little and bulky like most messaging phones are, awkward against your face.) i really dont want something with a touchscreen.

and i know im asking this on a blackberry forum, but please dont limit me to blackberrys. id like one but i want to review all my options.
    02-28-10 04:04 PM
    Best option, go to store and handle the devices that look good to you.
    02-28-10 04:08 PM
    you know, that would make sense
    02-28-10 04:11 PM
    Heh.

In a nutshell, Alex, the question is highly subjective. It really depends on your personal tastes. We can recommend something if we know what you're after, though.
    02-28-10 04:15 PM
    Bingo...exactly. I'd also add "do a SEARCH here BEFORE you ask, don't expect others to do your work for you." Then, and ONLY then, if you have specific questions, bring them here. Don't just come in and blindly ask "what should I get?" These posts are ridiculous.

02-28-10 04:25 PM
    Now now, EP, that's not very nice.

If the guy can give us a little info, I for one am willing to give a few recommendations. The real issue of this thread is that we have nothing to go by on what the "best" phone for him is.
    02-28-10 05:46 PM
    Something that feels good on your face...
    That's different.
    02-28-10 06:03 PM
    Something that feels good on your face...
    That's different.
    Lotionphone? D:
    02-28-10 06:15 PM
    Heh.

In a nutshell, Alex, the question is highly subjective. It really depends on your personal tastes. We can recommend something if we know what you're after, though.
    I guess all I can say that what I'm after is something easy to talk with and something that won't easily break

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-10 07:01 PM
    It all depends on your needs I have had several phones from verizon. My latest were s1, 9630, moto droid, & s2. I went with s2 and sold the others because I felt the s2 worked the best for me. It all comes down to preference go to store and try you a few phones out
    03-01-10 08:40 AM
    I love the my 8530 (feel free to rip me to shreds) but yeah look at the phones in the store

03-17-10 10:39 PM
    you know, that would make sense
    LOL......but who does anything that makes sense.
    03-18-10 09:23 AM
    For messaging? Well again, like stated above, it's higly subjective. First of all, do you even want a smartphone? If not, a good one without a touch screen is the LG EnV3.

Smartphones, without a touch screen...now that's going to limit your selection. You have the Tour or Curve 8530. Both have their pros and cons. The Tour is about to be replaced (rumors of the Bold 9650). It does have a nice res screen which the Curve 8530 doesn't have. The Curve has an optical trackpad and wifi which the Tour doesn't have.
    03-18-10 09:25 AM
    LOL......but who does anything that makes sense.
    only those durn nerds
    03-18-10 09:26 AM
    When will you be switching to VZW from AT&T because VZW is about to have a new tour2/bold that is going to be amazing...I would say wait for that!
    03-18-10 09:28 AM
    The phone I would suggest is a tour 9630 or if you can wait the bold 9650. If you don't want a blackberry I've heard people have had good luck with the droid. Yes I have a blackberry and prefer the phone but wouldn't want to be completely biased and say get a blackberry

03-18-10 11:31 AM
    When will you be switching to VZW from AT&T because VZW is about to have a new tour2/bold that is going to be amazing...I would say wait for that!
    id do that but i dont like the trackpads. id rather have balls
    03-18-10 11:45 AM
    Wow...um...well...

No comment

I'll just walk away now.
    03-18-10 11:55 AM
    Well VZW has a nice selection of balls.

My suggestion would be go to a verizon store, then ask the guy behind the counter if you can see his selection of balls. Im sure he'll let you handle a few to see which is right for you. Sometimes they yell, othertimes, they don't mind at all.

Also, check to make sure it feels right against your face as you requested earlier.

Good luck, and I look forward to seeing you on CNN.
    03-18-10 12:05 PM
    ^ Priceless
    03-18-10 03:33 PM
    So you want balls for your face...
    Teabag fetish?

Oh and for your quote because I have to "Did they send me daughters, when I asked for sons?"
    03-18-10 04:08 PM
    Well VZW has a nice selection of balls.

My suggestion would be go to a verizon store, then ask the guy behind the counter if you can see his selection of balls. Im sure he'll let you handle a few to see which is right for you. Sometimes they yell, othertimes, they don't mind at all.

Also, check to make sure it feels right against your face as you requested earlier.

Good luck, and I look forward to seeing you on CNN.
    I actually laughed out loud. Man, that was a good response.
    03-18-10 04:15 PM
    Thats actually how I met my wife!
    03-18-10 04:16 PM
    Thats actually how I met my wife!
    She asked you to put your balls on her face?
    03-19-10 07:47 AM
    My question is.... Why are you on a blackberry forum if you dont have an interest in blackberry devices?
    03-19-10 01:53 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD