well I've done some searching and can't find my answer. I think a lot of people might find the answer to this question useful. What is the key thing(s) to say to a VZW rep to get a new phone via warranty (specifically for the Storm)? I've tried a couple of things that used to work but didn't recently.

Any suggestions?
    06-03-09 10:20 AM
    well I've done some searching and can't find my answer. I think a lot of people might find the answer to this question useful. What is the key thing(s) to say to a VZW rep to get a new phone via warranty (specifically for the Storm)? I've tried a couple of things that used to work but didn't recently.

Any suggestions?
    I've got a great suggestion..........it will totally boggle your mind, so hold on............ready???????????

Start with the truth......
    06-03-09 10:24 AM
    I've got a great suggestion..........it will totally boggle your mind, so hold on............ready???????????

well i tried that with no avail, there is dust under the screen and my phone makes screeching noises when I am talking to someone. They said the screeching is a network problem and the dust doesn't limit the use of the phone in anyway. BS
    06-03-09 10:29 AM
    "my send key fell off when i was pulling my phone out of my holster"

make sure there aren't any tool marks indicating otherwise.
    06-03-09 10:47 AM
    Last time I needed a replacement on my Storm, I just told the rep that in the corners of the screen, the click was incredibly stiff and almost unusable. That was the truth however.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-09 10:51 AM
    well i tried that with no avail, there is dust under the screen and my phone makes screeching noises when I am talking to someone. They said the screeching is a network problem and the dust doesn't limit the use of the phone in anyway. BS
    It's honestly hard for me to believe that no one will help you.
    06-03-09 12:09 PM

Wow, now that is a crazy idea... tell the truth...

The dust is hit or miss whether VZW will cover it or not. I cant say I've ever experienced a "screech" while on a call, so I can't give any insight to that issue.

Problem is, the account is probably noted that you've called and been denied a replacement, which probably won't help your cause later. Your attitude is taken into account as well when you call, if you are an *** or lose your cool with the CSR on the phone they will be less likely to help you. Especially if its something trivial, such as dust.

I will just say this... I've NEVER had an issue getting what I needed from VZW as long as it was reasonable. I've had phones replaced, overages taken care of, and fees waived just by being nice and asking. Oh and paying my bill on time, which also helps a ton when trying to get stuff done.
    06-03-09 02:11 PM
    "my send key fell off when i was pulling my phone out of my holster"

make sure there aren't any tool marks indicating otherwise.
    Followed by: its less than 12 months old and I believe this is a warranty issue...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-09 02:20 PM
    Screeching noise- you mean audio feedback howl?

There is a known "problem" where some phone cases and skins will block a speaker / audio port and divert too much sound back into the phone body where it finds the microphone. Instant feedback! I get the same on my Bold depending how I hold it, I tend to move a thumb over one of the audio ports while talking, and the result is dramatic. It took a while for the penny to drop and I found out what I was doing wrong. You might also get the same effect on speakerphone if the volume is too high.

The quick recognition features for most audio feedback are the fairly clean 'tone' (not raggy or digital) and the way volume ramps up as it starts (rather than instant on to the same level) but it stops instantly without fading.

All of these causes above can be classed as User Error, or Don't Do That issues, and easy to avoid once the cause is found.
    06-04-09 04:16 AM

Any suggestions?
    UN, it would really be nice to know what the problem is. This give you the oppertunity to resolve the issue first, rather than lie to get another phone. It is reasons like this, that cause prices to go up.
    06-04-09 06:56 AM
    Just from a tech's view, don't say "my phone is under warranty". That is for the rep to determine. Just hand the phone to the rep, tell them what's wrong, and trust that they will do the right thing for you.

Showing the rep that you respect what they are doing for you, whether they feel it's a warranty issue or not; and being courteous with them and letting them know how you feel and being honest, will get you much farther than trying to think of what to say in advance.

Pretty much EVERY time a customer has told me their phone was under warranty, it was something that was NOT covered by the warranty (water, physical damage, outside the warranty or no insurance). And I'm not saying what's wrong with your phone is or is not... If you get a screeching, that is NOT normal and if they're saying it's a network issue, they should at least be calling in for you to see if they can get a trouble ticket in to get fixed. However, if you blew the speaker by playing your music too loud, that's different.

Oh, also, there is nothing more suspicious than a customer coming in and saying, "My phone is under warranty. I need a warranty replacement. I've already had it looked at and the rep told me that. I'm just here for the swap."

I don't think you're like those people who are trying to pull a fast one and expect us to not test the device first. I think it's good that you're asking first, and if you were in my store, I would do everything I can to help you. I can't say whether or not I would swap it out under warranty; I'm not able to look at your phone. But I would help you as far as I can. >_< I hate dust under my screen, too.
    06-04-09 05:38 PM
    yea just say the truth what has verizon done to you that would cause you to lie? and the other thing u need to do is go down to a supported OS
    06-04-09 06:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD