03-02-09 09:03 PM
31 12
tools
    which one is the best of the hundreds that are out there?
    02-26-09 09:29 PM
    Hey joey - I have a motorola H710 and its work great with my curve 8330. Clear sound no background noise etc. If u search u can get them on sale for bout $50 @ best buy or amazon.com instead of the $100 they usually go for! Good luck in ur search!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 09:33 PM
    Thanks i was looking at the jawbone one day and liked it alot but not the price!! with other cheaper bluetooth i found the other person couldnt hear me loud and clear and i would be that jackass yelling to himself, so in short the H710 has a good mic on it.?
    02-26-09 09:37 PM
    It might be a preference or it may be individual units. I know people with good Moto H710s, but the one I tried (and the replacement) were awful.

One connect would be good & the next time it would have static. Another time it wouldn't hold coinnection.

I love my Jawbone, but not so much this time of year when I sprout facial hair.

Will have to see which Blueant I have that is good - the other is crap. Both are built cheaply.

My B&O is the best, but you don't want one @ several hundred dollars.

My kids have Plantronics & never have trouble.

When driving in an open car, only the B&O and Jawbone are usable.

02-26-09 09:50 PM
    so pretty much Jawbone is the best fit for me . Just got to eat the price cuz its worth the quality huh?
    02-26-09 09:56 PM
    which one is the best of the hundreds that are out there?
    The one YOU buy and decide works great for YOU. Everything here is opinion based on the individual and what works for them. Since BT conditions aren't the same, I cant say my BlueAnt z9i is the one you must have.
    02-26-09 09:59 PM
    In tech support...these are the reviews I get from customers.

Jawbone is hands down the best voice BT out there. Only con is that they are not always the friendliest to pair with if they've been paired on a different device previously.

The Moto S9-HD is nice for bluetooth stereo, but don't believe the sweat/water resistance BS. Im on my 4th pair in less than a year. I will say that Motorola does have a good return/replacment warranty policy. But is because they make mostly garbage these days.

The $20-$40 BTs from Jabra, Moto, LG, Plantronics are all "OK" but you're getting what you pay for.

If you can afford it, go with one of the Noise Cancelling BTs on the market.
    02-26-09 09:59 PM
    thats solid enough for me rwking i think im going to be buying it tomorrow and will let you know! on a side note why cant they make the jawbone or some other BT so the actual ringtone you have set for the caller id ring in your ear?
    02-26-09 10:08 PM

About $50 & $70 respectively.
    02-26-09 11:56 PM
    ScandaLeX are you saying you like your z9i?

02-27-09 01:01 AM
    I have been noticing static a lot lately with mine.
    Just wondering if it is my unit or a prob with the 1.1 firmware?

As for the bluetooth question a do have the z9i and I like that I can have it synced to 2 phones simultaniously and you can answer which one rings with the touch of a button.
    You cam also update the firmware as well

02-27-09 01:04 AM
    The one YOU buy and decide works great for YOU. Everything here is opinion based on the individual and what works for them. Since BT conditions aren't the same, I cant say my BlueAnt z9i is the one you must have.
    That might be good as far as fit, appearance & comfort, but there are some pretty bad ones out there. It is the reason I have a drawer full of them!

And, so far, no one is saying to get one & not another. It has been mostly experiences, which is a good thing.

I mentioned having Blueant units. The Z9i is the one I like while I don't care for the V1 with its eargels. I learned I don't like eargels. You'd think I'd learned that with Jabra.

My big issue with Blueant devices isn't sound quality. It is connectivity. I prefer wearing my device in my left ear, while my phone rides on my right hip. I am somewhat of a large individual & it loses connection when on the opposite side of my body.

I don't have this problem with Jawbone or B&O. For all of its finery & refinement, the B&O makes me feel like a Borg. At least the Jawbone is rather discreet.

02-27-09 01:55 AM
    nice comments !! Very useful!!
    02-27-09 02:51 PM
    I'm a big fan of the plantronics Discovery 925. I own about 4 BT headsets and this one is by far the best I've used so far.
    02-27-09 03:13 PM
    My cars built in bluetooth is awesome it automatically connects as soon as I turn my car on, there is no worry about battery, or static noises, its crystal clear and very convienent.
    02-27-09 09:05 PM
    ...on a side note why cant they make the jawbone or some other BT so the actual ringtone you have set for the caller id ring in your ear?
    I think this has to do with BB - it worked for me with my Motorolla Q - I put the settings on silent and all ringtones went to my BT. Also, when I would turn my BT on, it automatically switched to the Handsfree Setting and stopped ringing on the handset... very different on my Storm... Is there a way to have my Storm automatically switch when it connects to the BT??
    02-27-09 09:45 PM
    I would love if there is someone that know's if this is possible so keep em coming!!
    02-27-09 10:02 PM
    With my 8330, Jawbone is flawless. It is worth the money.
    02-27-09 10:48 PM
    does the Jawbone play the ringtone in your ear?
    02-27-09 10:56 PM
    i like my blueant v1. very comfortable! Works well with my blackberry curve. The only problem I have with it is that theres no streaming music to the ear piece. Same for VZ Nav and youtube as well. If thats not an issue for you, then its great! Isolation technology is super and again, the fit is great (which are the 2 most important parts in my view)
    02-28-09 12:57 AM
    My most important part is power and sync, lol
    Just pulling your chain, lol

02-28-09 01:04 AM
    Is there a way to have my Storm automatically switch when it connects to the BT??
    Yes - you can set up everything you're talking about (except the ringtone thru BT) in your Profile settings. My Curve does all you mention.

I've not tried to get ringtones through BT because I don't mind the standard ringer.

02-28-09 01:33 AM
    i love my H710.

every other headset i've used people have complained i was in a tunnel. including the jawbone, the moto h12, car kits, etc.
    02-28-09 10:20 PM
    Had an older motorola that would swing away from my ear when i leaned my head. great reception but would fall off.

got new mot 375, and for $25, it works great and sounds pretty good.

my biggest complaint with BB is that there is no autoanswer. My old treo and winmo phones can be set that if a call comes in with your bt, it is automatically answered without you having to hit ok.

It would be great if the bt announced who the call was from and let you choose if you wanted to take the call or not!
    03-01-09 12:16 AM
    yea that would be great
    03-01-09 08:59 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD