Okay so I need a new phone ASAP.

I would like to stick with the Blackberry platform, sort of - mainly because of BBM. Many people I know use BBM and it's a great way to stay in touch.

So what's the BEST BBery on Verizon right now? I have my "New Every 2" upgrade but I am saddened that all the phones are lagging behind AT&T and T-Mobile (especially with the 3.2MP Cameras vs. the 5.0 available on newer BB's).

I don't like AT&T for various reasons and from what I've gathered, T-Mobile service is awful around here. Verizon seems to have the best service and network in my area.

The Bold or Tour seem like my best options at this point. Unless Verizon releases a new phone within the next few days, I am going to be stuck with this thing for the next two years. Which is frustrating because I NEED a new phone due to mine malfunctioning yet everything on Verizon seems very outdated and I know they have to have something in the pipeline soon.

My current phone is an original Storm (Storm 1), and unfortunately it's nearly unusable due a bad touch screen that doesn't work correctly and an End key that usually doesn't work unless I hit it 50 times (maybe).

My options seem to be:
    Curve 9330 (Only a 2.0MP Camera, what's up with that?)
    Curve 8530
    Bold 9650
    Storm2 9550
    Tour 9630

Any suggestions?

Regards,
    RP
    11-22-10 12:39 AM
    The best thing to do is wait it out for a little bit and save the upgrade for an LTE BB since they're coming early next year. Just get a used BB off craigslist or used cell shop to hold you over. I would recommend the Bold over a storm only cause I didnt really like the storm 1 or 2.
    11-22-10 12:55 AM
    Yeah I'd get a Bold too, and used as stated. But you could use the upgrade for a new one that can be sold for more and use that w\ your early upgrade for the new device. It might be a little more in the long run but I think it's worth it. Especially if vzw starts early upgrades after 6 months.
    11-22-10 01:22 AM
    You have 1 option, in my option on Verizon at this point and that would be the Bold 9650. It's a great device, good camera, 6.0 ready (you can get it now if you are willing to load up a leaked OS), good memory, great screen, and an all around solid BB. It's the best Verizon has at the moment. Now come early next year this may change, BUT if you are ready for a device right now, get the 9650!
    11-22-10 08:17 AM
    I agree with the 9650 (bold) really being the only choice of BB on VZW's network.
    Let me further explain the other options.

The Curve line is the base models, lower price, lower spec. That's what's up with the 2.0mp camera and lower resolution screens. The 9330 is the replacement to the 8530, and brings with it OS6 capability and more memory.

Storm2 9550, is a dated full touch screen. Although much better than the original storm, it still lacks the ability to upgrade it to OS6. If you want a full touch screen BB, you may have to wait to see if the fabled Storm3 is coming, or if a CDMA Torch is coming early on next year.

Tour 9630 is the predecessor to the Bold 9650, pretty much the same package, but with less memory (and NO WIFI) as it's newer Bold brother. I would recommend a curve 9330 over this!

Bold 9650, Right now, this where it's at. High resolution screen, OS6 capable (even leaked already if you're into that kind of stuff), more memory. There isn't any BB better than this on a CDMA carrier.
    11-22-10 09:05 AM
    +1 for the Bold 9650.

Before getting my Bold I compared all the phones you listed and the Bold was the clear winner in all comparison categories. All the other phones were lacking in one thing or another that would remove it from the list of contenders (eg no flash, low memory, no wifi, poor reliability, not OS6 capable, no SD card, etc).

My only wish for the Bold was that it had a higher MP camera, but it's not that big of a deal since my photos are rarely printed any more and mostly just viewed on screens where 2MP does fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-10 09:18 AM
    The 9330 and the 9650 are the only recent cdma blackberrys. Manufacturers mass produce gsm phones before their cdma variants.

So the best choice for you is the 9650, or go on a gsm operator and get the torch.
    11-22-10 04:10 PM
    Thanks for the replies. I have a 9650 on order and it should arrive tomorrow. (I used my New Every 2 Upgrade and paid $0 + got free overnight shipping).

Hopefully I can sell it for a decent amount and upgrade to something newer if something becomes available in the future.
    11-22-10 07:09 PM
    The 9650 is a very solid device. It is a good BlackBerry although I prefer the 97xx series styling a tad more. Its got everything you'll need including OS6 compatability. Enjoy the new device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-10 10:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD