For those of you that have complained about the Storm and the Tour what would you have Rim and Verizon do? I am looking for solutions not "stop carrying crappy phones" (we all get it you are very funny). What would you change about the devices and what would you change about the service?
    07-30-09 03:18 PM
    I wouldn't change anything about the devices. I've had my Storm since November and never had any major problems from it. It's just gotten better with every new OS. What I think needs to change are people expectations. What a lot of people seem to expect is a fully functioning laptop pc that doubles as a telephone and can fit in a shirt pocket. That's just not going to happen anytime soon. People also spend way too much time and energy comparing their device with another (like the iPhone). Each device has it's strengths and weaknesses. You have to pick the ones that best suits your needs and live it's short comings.

It's the same thing with a car...your not going to be able to buy a vehicle that goes from 0-60 in 4.5 seconds, can comfortably hold a family of 5 or 6, and pull a large boat or camper on the weekends, all while getting 30+ MPG.
    07-30-09 03:35 PM
    Very true, grey. A friend used to have a sign in his shop:

You can have it done:
    1) Good
    2) Fast
    3) Cheap
    You can ONLY pick two.
    07-30-09 03:54 PM
    For the Storm I would make the touch screen and the OS overall much more responsive. I was just reading in another post that one of the refurbishing centers out there receives over 15,000 Storms daily.

People don't have patience to wait around for a phone to process. Processing time is so 2005 technology and we are living in 2009.
    07-30-09 06:26 PM
    For the Storm I would make the touch screen and the OS overall much more responsive. I was just reading in another post that one of the refurbishing centers out there receives over 15,000 Storms daily.

People don't have patience to wait around for a phone to process. Processing time is so 2005 technology and we are living in 2009.
    Yes, and in that same email, a couple of people did the math and it works out to about twice as many units going to that repair center as have ever been sold. It's one boneheads incorrect data (one of those...my brothers best friend saw an customer who said...) being passed to another bonehead, and now you're spreading the ridiculous info further. That's OK though...I just got the latest OS update which gave my storm WiFi and a jet pack. Let's see apple compete with those features.
    07-30-09 07:24 PM
    My dream of constructive feedback has died.
    07-31-09 08:50 AM
    The most constructive advice I can think of it not to buy new phones. The Storm is a first generation touchscreen device and, with that in mind, I've been pretty happy with it but I understand that it's unlikely to ever be what some would call "high quality." The Storm 2 may be better, now they can make hardware changes to fix what didn't scale well but they're also changing the touchscreen interface so it's not a guarantee that they'll get it right. The Tour, on the other hand, will probably be a fine phone in six months or so since it's largely the same as RIM/VZW's other offerings. So there are only a few options:

1. Put a hold on new devices and add six months to the test cycle. This will make RIM and/or Verizon be six months further behind the competition and anger people who want a new, modern phone released every quarter. And if Verizon does this themselves and you can get a Vodaphone Storm 2 six months before you can get a Verizon Storm 2 I don't want to see the uproar.

2. Wait for six months before buying a device unless you want to be an early adopter. Monitor the forums and check out the pros and cons of the current builds. Making a educated decision for yourself whether to upgrade rather than just following the urge to have the latest and greatest means that you'll have the proper expectations for a device.

3. Try to find feedback and contact forms for both RIM and Verizon to voice your opinion that you'd rather have quality over timeliness or price.

4. Complain on Crackberry and be lost amongst the sea of complaints about a lack of leaks, about too much churn, about needing to wait so long for an upgrade, about having an upgrade too soon...
    07-31-09 09:06 AM
    I think that when Verizon refurbs a phone they need to wipe it clean. I got a replacement phone last week and it had some other persons info on it. That is why I wiped mine before I returned it. I also believe that peoples expectations are too high on new technology. The Storm has its issues for sure; they are getting better now though. The iphone had lots of problems when it first came out also.
    07-31-09 12:31 PM
    The phone should have been wiped clean. Its standard procedure. Someone at the repair center wasn't doing their job.
    I think that when Verizon refurbs a phone they need to wipe it clean. I got a replacement phone last week and it had some other persons info on it. That is why I wiped mine before I returned it. I also believe that peoples expectations are too high on new technology. The Storm has its issues for sure; they are getting better now though. The iphone had lots of problems when it first came out also.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 01:20 PM
    I hear the same stuff from customer's and it makes me think wtf kind of ppl are wiping these phones like half@ss?
    07-31-09 01:21 PM
    My dream of constructive feedback has died.
    This actually made me laugh!
    07-31-09 03:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD