So....three days ago I went to my local Verizon Store and purchased a HTC Touch Pro to replace my storm until the Storm2/Pre/Tour comes out. I purchased the phone outright ($559) and got home a noticed a bubble forming under the bottom portion of the screen.

Yesterday 5/29 I go back and request an exchange based on this so I can get a new phone before I need to warranty it and get a refurb. The kid argues with me for about 10 minutes about there not being a bubble (you can physically press down on the screen and feel the raise when you run over it with your finger, as well as see the gap if you hold the phone at a certain angle) and he finally said he can't do anything unless the screen is physically falling off the phone.

So the question is, do I go back and see if I can get another person to handle it, and if they can't get then get the manager, call Customer Service and talk to them, or am I actually in the wrong here and apparently the 30 Day return/exchange policy doesn't seem to apply to me. I was under the impression the item didn't have to be entirely screwed to get an exchange or return.
    05-30-09 03:03 AM
    Go back and tell them the situation once again. If they wont replace it ask for your money back. I bet they change their tune rather quick. Even if they gave you a different phone it would probably be a refurb. You dont really want a refurb do you?
    05-30-09 03:06 AM
    call verizon, store reps are_____. You fill in the blank.
    05-30-09 03:06 AM
    Go back and tell them the situation once again. If they wont replace it ask for your money back. I bet they change their tune rather quick. Even if they gave you a different phone it would probably be a refurb. You dont really want a refurb do you?
    I wouldn't really mind a refurb, assuming the screen isn't peeling off the day after I buy it.
    05-30-09 03:12 AM
    I wouldn't really mind a refurb, assuming the screen isn't peeling off the day after I buy it.

basically you paid a crap ton of money for a phone that isn't in the condition you expect being brand new.

Definitely walk back in and talk to someone go to the manager if you have to anything.

Or simply tell them you want to return it...

when you purchase a phone its expected to be in good condition especially if you come out of pocket like that for it.

just my opinion.
    05-30-09 04:19 AM
    Go back and tell them the situation once again. If they wont replace it ask for your money back. I bet they change their tune rather quick.
    It wouldn't be so sure about "changing their tune" considering he bought it full retail.
    05-30-09 08:23 AM
    Store reps are what?
    05-30-09 08:24 AM
    _______
    Neat?
    05-30-09 08:49 AM
    I personally would just get a refund and purchase another device. 3 days and the screen is already bubbling? Doesn't sound like a good quality device to me unless you just got a bad one. Try googling a htc device forum and see if this is a common problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-09 09:30 AM
    There's always the possibility that the "bubble" is caused by the thin sheet of plastic covering the screen that comes in shipping.....
    05-30-09 10:04 AM
    Willing to bet I am more helpful than most over the phone reps. My philosophy is make the customers happy. If my manager has a problem with it he will let me know. I've yet to have any problems with how I handle situations. What I feel is right and usually that sticks... bc I don't pester my manager with questionable things. I just go ahead and do it.

I would take the phone back in and speak with someone else. Get a manager involved if neccessary. Be civil though. Don't start demanding. Once you start demanding things the average person shuts down the side of wanting to help you and puts the "rules" in place.

Remember rules are there to be broken... and with VZW exceptions are made... A LOT!

However, if it is a quality of device issue it should be easily noticed. If anything request to see a brand new device for comparison.
    05-30-09 10:04 AM
    Take it back, talk to someone else. And no, you won't get a refurb if you're within thirty days.
    05-30-09 12:29 PM
    So....three days ago I went to my local Verizon Store and purchased a HTC Touch Pro to replace my storm until the Storm2/Pre/Tour comes out. I purchased the phone outright ($559) and got home a noticed a bubble forming under the bottom portion of the screen.

Yesterday 5/29 I go back and request an exchange based on this so I can get a new phone before I need to warranty it and get a refurb. The kid argues with me for about 10 minutes about there not being a bubble (you can physically press down on the screen and feel the raise when you run over it with your finger, as well as see the gap if you hold the phone at a certain angle) and he finally said he can't do anything unless the screen is physically falling off the phone.

So the question is, do I go back and see if I can get another person to handle it, and if they can't get then get the manager, call Customer Service and talk to them, or am I actually in the wrong here and apparently the 30 Day return/exchange policy doesn't seem to apply to me. I was under the impression the item didn't have to be entirely screwed to get an exchange or return.
    Go back and see someone else. Seriously.

Drive out to the store I work at. I'll take care of ya.
    05-30-09 03:53 PM
    Willing to bet I am more helpful than most over the phone reps. My philosophy is make the customers happy. If my manager has a problem with it he will let me know. I've yet to have any problems with how I handle situations. What I feel is right and usually that sticks... bc I don't pester my manager with questionable things. I just go ahead and do it.
    Why do you think you're more helpful than phone reps?
    05-30-09 04:06 PM
    If they won't replace it with a new phone, then return it, get your money back and then buy one on line.
    05-30-09 04:26 PM
    Phone reps and store reps aren't more helpful either way... It all depends on who you talk to. And they can't even really be compared, because both have different capabilities of what they can offer and how things are processed.

Ever have a phone rep tell a customer they can come into a store for a software update on their Blackberry? No, sorry, we really can't do that because we can't install the clients on our desktops... IT blocks that capability to prevent security issues. They have no way of knowing this.

Or having a phone rep send a customer in for a warranty replacement only to find out the phone is clearly water damaged? ARRG.

Prepaid phones. Don't even bother coming into a store if you're having billing or minute usage issues. We can't change crap on those accounts in store, but we will gladly call a phone rep on your behalf to have the issue taken care of if you DO happen to come in about it.

Store reps AND phone reps can't do a network refresh. You have to call wireless data tech support for that. The nice thing is that pretty much anyone who you talk to can get you going in the right direction if you end up in the wrong place. The stores will call the call centers and vice versa, etc etc.
    05-30-09 04:29 PM
    Store reps AND phone reps can't do a network refresh. You have to call wireless data tech support for that. The nice thing is that pretty much anyone who you talk to can get you going in the right direction if you end up in the wrong place. The stores will call the call centers and vice versa, etc etc.
    Anyone in tech can do this now. WDTS does not exist anymore.

While I dod not post the reset of your post, I do appreciate how you responded to the store vs call center reps. While call centers have most all capacity that a store has, there are things we cannot do. I will not bore other with these details though.
    05-30-09 05:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD