Ok so I got the env touch last june, had some issues with it, went through 3 of them then talked my wonderful husband into giving me his upgrade and I upgraded early to the curve 8530 (got it mid feb) About 3 weeks ago I noticed my trackpad was literally peeling. I called cs they sent me out a "like new" I got it and opened it, before I even turned it on I saw how wobbly the trackpad was. It moved A LOT, called cs back they told me mail it back and a new one was on the way. Got my next "like new" phone and before turning it on saw that the trackpad didn't sit evenly, part of it was above the screen part under. Annoyed at this point I called cs service AGAIN and they say ok we will just send you a brand new one, we will over night it. Well they didn't over night it, I got it today. Pulled it out opened it, got it all set up (including putting my apps back on and going through bb desktop thingy) went to make a call to cs to ask what all needed to be returned (it was brand new so I didn't know if I needed to send back my charger and all that) well as I hit send I see the screen moves, like the green send button is very jiggly. I can put minumal pressure on it and it just falls down, my orignal does not do this. I ask cs about it. They say take it to the store and I can ask for ANOTHER new one and try it right thier in the store. I said this is my forth curve in less than 4 months, this is getting CRAZY. She then says well since this is your 4th we can let you pick a new phone and you just pay the diffrence. So I am wondering what would you do if you where in my shoes. I don't really want a phone thats causing me all this issues, I don't have the time for it. I really love my curve and don't know of another phone I like at the moment. My husband has the storm 2 and its ok, not really what I want, I like to have a keyboard. I want to stay with blackberry becuase I like everything it has to offer me. So give me your imput. If you had to pick a new blackberry wich would it be and why? Thank you for your imput
    06-02-10 02:06 PM
    So there was nothing really wrong with the phone except for minor cosmetic issues with the "eveniness" of the trackpad and "jiggly" buttons? Do you have OCD?
    06-02-10 02:16 PM
    I agree with Mario...OCD?

But that's what you get...the Curve2 is a lower end BlackBerry. Why don't you just upgrade into the new Bold 9650 that is hitting direct fullfillment tomorrow and stores June 10th? It has a more premium look and feel.

I'm surprised any rep offered to let you change models of the phone as the "multi-fru" policy was discontinued months ago...someone didn't get the memo. But what great luck for you!
    06-02-10 02:25 PM
    So there was nothing really wrong with the phone except for minor cosmetic issues with the "eveniness" of the trackpad and "jiggly" buttons? Do you have OCD?
    Honestly If I'm paying that much for a phone (even with upgrade discounts, I consider the "full" price here), I want it to work right, and be built right. I would have the same issue if I bought a brand new car and there was a dent or scratch on it before I even left the lot (of course, with no fault of my own).

Personally, I would go to the store, show them your complaints (the track-pad is designed to be a little loose) and have them open and test the one you'll be taking home. I haven't heard really any complaints about the new curve, but if you want to upgrade to the 9650, Verizon will be carrying it in store shortly.
    06-02-10 02:28 PM
    Honestly If I'm paying that much for a phone (even with upgrade discounts, I consider the "full" price here), I want it to work right, and be built right. I would have the same issue if I bought a brand new car and there was a dent or scratch on it before I even left the lot (of course, with no fault of my own).

Personally, I would go to the store, show them your complaints (the track-pad is designed to be a little loose) and have them open and test the one you'll be taking home. I haven't heard really any complaints about the new curve, but if you want to upgrade to the 9650, Verizon will be carrying it in store shortly.
    The full retail price is a very price. That is NOT what Verizon pays for the phone. The Curve2 isn't worth 450 or whatever it is listed for. It is BlackBerry's entry level phone. I found the build quality very cheap, especially with the 4 hard buttons connected to the screen. The Bold 9650's buttons are seperate from the screen. It has a much nicer build and better materials. You get what you pay for.
    06-02-10 02:32 PM

But the OP never stated that it didn't work right...

Peeling trackpad?
    Wobbily Trackpad?
    Uneven Trackpad?
    Jiggley Send Button?

Any component of an electronic device can move and jiggle if you make it do so. It's not welded together. This person is obviously fishing for a new device. Conveniently, all these “issues” start happening around the same time as the release of the Bold. I see this all the time.
    06-02-10 02:36 PM
    Thank you! I have done nothing to my phone for my trackpad to peel. I understand the track pad is sopposed to wiggle some, but the one I got was seriously bad, and as for as being OCD, I am sorry you feel I am. All I want is to have what I paid for. If I put a scratch on a phone thats on me, but why should I be ok with a phone that has "cosmetic issues" if I did not put them thier.
    06-02-10 02:38 PM

Yeah, because a car and a cell phone are in the same category.

Thank you! I have done nothing to my phone for my trackpad to peel. I understand the track pad is sopposed to wiggle some, but the one I got was seriously bad, and as for as being OCD, I am sorry you feel I am. All I want is to have what I paid for. If I put a scratch on a phone thats on me, but why should I be ok with a phone that has "cosmetic issues" if I did not put them thier.
    You pay for reliable service and data. Cosmetic issues are technically not covered under warranty because there isnt anything wrong with the performance of the device. Sounds like you are just being picky and looking for problems.
    06-04-10 10:50 AM
    The trackball can also be replaced on the original Curve in stores at no charge, and yes it comes with the chrome housing....which is actually a sticker and with consistant use through normal wear and tear it will scratch and peel...
    06-04-10 04:17 PM
    People can be so spoiled. The curve is a low end model. Its made of plastic. If you really have a problem with BB build quality get a different brand.

The bold 9650 is a nicer phone but 3 or 4 months from now when a new phone is released you will find cosmetic issues with it as well.

Get the phone you really want and stay with it for a year at least.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-10 10:53 PM
    People can be so spoiled. The curve is a low end model. Its made of plastic. If you really have a problem with BB build quality get a different brand.
    I agree; when we started offering the new Curve 2, I took a picture of it and sent it to my wife, and told her it reminded me of a Fisher Price toy. Very sad.
    06-08-10 06:28 AM
    It almost sounds like the OP got MultiFRU'd.
    06-08-10 08:14 AM
    i have to agree with that is just what you get with the curve 2. Its just the base model BB. You want a nicer quality bb then step up to the cadillac line like the 9650 or maybe find someone selling their Tour on the cheap. I know there are tons of people out there that wouldn't pee on a Tour if it was on fire, but personally mine has been great. I got it the day it came out. I have an upgrade waiting on me now but i don't see it worth using on the 9650.
    06-08-10 08:19 AM
    I'd just deal. is the trackpad not working? is it affecting the phones functionality in any way? If your answer is no, then be happy you don't have any real problems and find a way to forget about the minor, insignificant imperfection. the curve 8530 cost a whopping $30, its the cheapest bb you can possibly get.
    06-08-10 09:59 AM
    OP, you should bring the phone into the Verizon store and get a phone that suits your satisfaction. If any one of you bought a new car and one end of the hood was higher than the other, would any of you live with it? Or just say it's a cosmetic issue?
    06-08-10 11:17 AM
    And OP, pay no attention to Mario, he's a Verizon Rep who can't seem to get it up without insulting people. Seriously, have you read through his post history??

06-10-10 05:34 AM
    And OP, pay no attention to Mario, he's a Verizon Rep who can't seem to get it up without insulting people. Seriously, have you read through his post history??

Awww is little Cenloe still holding a grudge over the whole Bing issue...poor baby. You spend time going thru my history...do you have a crush on me?
    06-10-10 10:41 AM
    Awww is little Cenloe still holding a grudge over the whole Bing issue...poor baby. You spend time going thru my history...do you have a crush on me?
    Lol

Ummmm, no. No crush
    06-10-10 09:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD