06-28-09 03:53 PM
54 123
tools
    Anyone have any leads on what the Tour price will be when it comes out? I may have to jump on the $49 Curve if the Tour is going to be outrageous.

Chuck
    06-19-09 06:17 PM
    I don't think anyone here knows with any certainty, but I'd not be surprised to see $399 or maybe even $499 before any discounts or loyalty promos.

Or I could be off & we'll see $299.

My bet is for higher price at first.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-09 06:40 PM
    With a new 2 year, i couldnt imagine it being more than $199.99, or POSSIBLY $249.99. who knows maybe we'll get lucky and get some special promotion and get some cash off.
    06-19-09 07:18 PM
    If it's going to be more than $199, I will have to pass on it. I'm just to cheap Maybe I need to jump on the Curve while they still have them on sale.
    06-19-09 09:31 PM
    I'm guessing $299.99 as I think that is what the new Curve is running with AT&T. I hope its lower, though. I would like to get one when my Alltel account switches to Verizon. That is going to be one sweet phone!
    06-19-09 09:45 PM
    With a new 2 year, i couldnt imagine it being more than $199.99, or POSSIBLY $249.99. who knows maybe we'll get lucky and get some special promotion and get some cash off.
    That would be right in the ballpark with my speculation. I don't like quoting or speculating on discounted prices as the variables are too large.

On another site, there was someone claiming they knew for certain it would be $499 before discounts - but I don't know how they could be certain. For one thing, their spelling was too atrocioius to be that of a VZW or RIM exec.

So in the end, we're still playing with hopes, prayers, assumptions, speculations and a not-too-small helping of BS.

I'd wait a bit though. The Curve isn't going to vanish when the Tour arrives. It'll be around for at least a little bit.

06-20-09 03:40 PM
    14,999.97....its on clearance.

verizon reps get it...
    06-20-09 03:46 PM
    At USWest, discontinued items were $9999.99 - what a deal!

06-20-09 04:00 PM
    I think retail will be 600.00 and I believe that it will more then likely start out at 299.00 on NE2
    06-21-09 03:28 AM
    The price of the phone doesn't matter if we're still getting ripped off on the data pricing...
    06-21-09 12:00 PM
    probabaly around $3-400
    06-21-09 12:01 PM
    The price of the phone doesn't matter if we're still getting ripped off on the data pricing...

always at least one...
    06-21-09 12:05 PM

always at least one...
    They usually do crawl out from under their rock.

Don't know if this might provide any direction In pricing or not, but I saw an ad for the Bold on AT&T this evening.

$399, or $299 with two-year contract plus a $100 mail-in rebate (AT&T gift card), for an actual price of $199.

This is on a phone that has been out for eight months.

So for a brand-new device, I can see $499 FRP or less with NE2, online discounts, etc.

06-22-09 12:59 AM
    we have no official set number yet. the big word is $199, and i am assuming that is american $. that will obviously be with a new agreement, and i think that is a reasonable price for what we are getting compared to other phones on the market. as far as full retail i can only logically say that you should take the median between what the curve was full retail and what the bold was, considering it can be placed in a class between the two
    06-22-09 01:09 AM
    we have no official set number yet. the big word is $199, and i am assuming that is american $. that will obviously be with a new agreement, and i think that is a reasonable price for what we are getting compared to other phones on the market. as far as full retail i can only logically say that you should take the median between what the curve was full retail and what the bold was, considering it can be placed in a class between the two

What other kind of currency might the speculations be referring to? lol. "199.99 Lira for a Blackberry Tour!"
    06-22-09 09:39 AM
    $199 has been the common new Blackberry price... but who knows.
    Most likely will have a $70 rebate but the rest would depend on whether new contract or NE2 discounts and VIP discounts.
    I guess we'll just have to wait and see...
    we all know what happened with AT&T when people were "saving" their upgrades for the origional iphone. Turned out NO discount.. although I HIGHLY doubt that will be the case here.
    I'm guessing between $199 and $249
    IMHO
    06-22-09 12:02 PM
    What other kind of currency might the speculations be referring to? lol. "199.99 Lira for a Blackberry Tour!"
    We could only hope - then EVERYONE could afford it.

Above comment based on today's exchange rate & in no way is a guarantee of future exchange rate fluctuations. Past exchange rates are for reference only and can sometimes make a candy bar sound really expensive.

06-22-09 12:57 PM
    Isn't there a carrier in Canada who's getting the Tour? Last I checked they use the Canadian Dollar.
    06-22-09 03:23 PM
    Isn't there a carrier in Canada who's getting the Tour? Last I checked they use the Canadian Dollar.

Jeez, it was a joke!
    06-22-09 04:22 PM
    Jeez, it was a joke!
    Sorry, my sarcasm detector got dust under the screen.
    06-22-09 04:40 PM
    We could only hope - then EVERYONE could afford it.

Above comment based on today's exchange rate & in no way is a guarantee of future exchange rate fluctuations. Past exchange rates are for reference only and can sometimes make a candy bar sound really expensive.

LOL! What is the exchange rate for the lira these days?

06-22-09 10:48 PM
    They usually do crawl out from under their rock.

Don't know if this might provide any direction In pricing or not, but I saw an ad for the Bold on AT&T this evening.

$399, or $299 with two-year contract plus a $100 mail-in rebate (AT&T gift card), for an actual price of $199.

This is on a phone that has been out for eight months.

So for a brand-new device, I can see $499 FRP or less with NE2, online discounts, etc.

I guess I just look at the prices of other phones on telus and compare then to verizon's line up (some of the same phones)

the reason I did this is there is the picture that shows retail sitting at 649 for telus..

so I compared the storm..

thats why I personally think the tour will sit around 600 retail at least at first...

just thought this would be good info for others
    06-23-09 01:49 AM
    I've been with Verizon for at least 8 years. Loyal customer. Now when the Tour comes out I'll actually pay more for the phone than someone totally new to Verizon. That sucks. i would be better off switching to AT&T and getting an iphone or just jumping over then coming back to get a discount. Sucks!
    06-23-09 03:59 PM
    I've been with Verizon for at least 8 years. Loyal customer. Now when the Tour comes out I'll actually pay more for the phone than someone totally new to Verizon. That sucks. i would be better off switching to AT&T and getting an iphone or just jumping over then coming back to get a discount. Sucks!
    I've found that VZW phone prices usually favor existing customers with NE2.

If you're not ready for your NE2, of course you'd have to wait. Your subsidized agreement hasn't been covered yet.

Now, if you think paying up to $175 in ETF fees, plus AT&T's $35 activation fee plus a $35 activation fee is saving money to get $100 off new customer deal on a phone, you might need a new calculator.

06-23-09 05:00 PM
    Purely a guess here. 349 2 year contract price, which will include a 50 rebate making it come in at the 299 price point. NE2 will take off another 50-100 if you are eligible.
    06-23-09 05:17 PM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD