Just came from Verizon. My Tour has a bad track ball. They looked at the phone and said "it's a known problem but we don't any replacement devices" They gave me the 800 number to call. I called and they are sending out a replacement Tour. I just noticed that the white sticker on the phone is red. They did not ask me to look and I did not know it was red at the time. If I send back this phone, what will they do?
    02-03-10 08:26 PM
    Hmmm, well it's hard to say. Whenever I've called Customer Support they've asked me to check the dot and tell them what color is was. My roommate drenched her phone and said the screen stopped working, so they sent her a new one and she never got charged for it, she just sent the damaged one and that was the end of it.
    02-03-10 08:29 PM
    hope your right! I guess they did not ask because the phone was originally looked at in the store.
    02-03-10 08:31 PM
    Its entirely possible you may get charged due to water damage. Has the device ever been exposed to liquid? And if the answer is no, then probably bringing it into the bathroom while showering can probably avoid red dots in the future
    02-03-10 08:54 PM
    VZW techs, well the ones in the store anyway, cannot go by the liquid indicator anymore. They are not always reliable and for that reason there has to be some other indication of liquid damage such as moisture in the screen or corrosion in the charging port. So regardless of the color of the sticker, you're fine as long as there are no other signs of moisture.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-10 07:35 PM
    VZW techs, well the ones in the store anyway, cannot go by the liquid indicator anymore. They are not always reliable and for that reason there has to be some other indication of liquid damage such as moisture in the screen or corrosion in the charging port. So regardless of the color of the sticker, you're fine as long as there are no other signs of moisture.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Correct, so as long as there is no discoloration, residue or visible water damage you should be fine.
    02-05-10 09:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD