Whats Verizon' deal with Wifi Storm didn't have wifi and I'm reading the Tours wifi will be blocked. So what gives?
    07-04-09 04:23 AM
    that would be really stupid if they did block it, it might be a deal breaker for me if they did block it.
    07-04-09 04:27 AM
    From what I have read the Tour doesn't have wifi with Verizon.
    07-04-09 04:30 AM
    Yes - no WiFi for Storm and none for Tour. It is all markets and all CDMA carriers. It is not "Verizon's deal" - it is RIM's inability to make a CDMA BlackBerry with WiFi.

There have been plenty of WiFi smartphones from VZW - just no BlackBerrys. You find us a CDMA BlackBerry with WiFi on any carrier & then your assertion might have some validity. Until you can find said non-existent CDMA BlackBerry, this subject has been discussed and the VZW accusations have been debunked in umpteen different threads already.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-09 04:47 AM
    Oh SNAP!

07-04-09 07:15 AM
    Oh SNAP!

Heather don't worry about it. Some people learn a little slower than others. You go out and have a Happy 4th. From a "happy" Airtouch/VZW customer.
    07-04-09 07:19 AM
    The new HTC Ozone wil have WI-FI and is quad band global phone. As Twins said no WI-FI for tour
    07-04-09 07:37 AM
    Besides, the wi-fi zaps your battery life, & vzw's coverage is very good & fast....(Vzw fan-man) ;-)
    07-04-09 08:05 AM
    Its not Verizon blocking it. For vzw to lock it out it has to be there to begin with. This is RIM's thing as was already stated.

And for twins..... Dadada da da another one bites the dust

07-04-09 09:26 AM
    yet again stating, its not that vzw has a problem with wifi. if they did the ozone, omnia, (i think touch pro?) xv6800, xv6700, as well as a couple others wouldnt have wifi.
    07-04-09 09:37 AM
    Prototype CDMA BB have had wifi, just as of yet none have made it to production (least none that we know of, Storm 2 might be the first ). RUMOR has it after the Tour most CDMA BB will have wifi. Cross your fingers wifi fans.
    07-04-09 09:46 AM
    Prototype CDMA BB have had wifi, just as of yet none have made it to production (least none that we know of, Storm 2 might be the first ). RUMOR has it after the Tour most CDMA BB will have wifi. Cross your fingers wifi fans.
    Tour w/ wifi? don't get you hopes up.

07-04-09 11:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD