09-03-09 04:44 PM
48 12
tools
    Why not just get an atlas and a sharpie?
    09-03-09 08:00 AM
    Heather it is a very old argument and I don't mean to beat the dead horse, but I must.
    It just sucks that VZW cripples anything to do with a free GPS app and bla bla bla. Doesn't seem fair and it isn't and I know we can't change that, but we can complain about it!
    09-03-09 08:01 AM
    Heather it is a very old argument and I don't mean to beat the dead horse, but I must.
    It just sucks that VZW cripples anything to do with a free GPS app and bla bla bla. Doesn't seem fair and it isn't and I know we can't change that, but we can complain about it!
    Keep complaining about a company charging for a service it offers. Then ask us why we feel the need to complain about customers.
    09-03-09 08:17 AM
    Keep complaining about a company charging for a service it offers. Then ask us why we feel the need to complain about customers.
    +1
    09-03-09 08:19 AM
    That's fine with me...complain about your customers because we are the reason you two have jobs! and yea that goes to you too mr. blue n bold
    +1
    09-03-09 08:25 AM
    That's fine with me...complain about your customers because we are the reason you two have jobs! and yea that goes to you too mr. blue n bold
    I have 2 jobs?I recently started school up again and juggling school/work has already proved to be plenty difficult I couldn't take on another job. Thats why I use Atlas's and Sharpies
    Last edited by blue_and_bold; 09-03-09 at 08:33 AM.
    09-03-09 08:29 AM
    I recently started school up again and juggling school/work has already proved to be plenty difficult
    Very admirable going back to school - however, if you'd finished 3rd grade when you were supposed to, it would have been much easier.
    Thats why I use Atlas's and Sharpies
    You sure you didn't mean chalk & Crayolas?

J/k!!!

Really!

(Never leave yourself wide open around me)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-09 11:29 AM
    bottom line:

it's a business. they don't owe you anything. pay up or stfu

/thread
    09-03-09 12:19 PM
    Very admirable going back to school - however, if you'd finished 3rd grade when you were supposed to, it would have been much easier.

You sure you didn't mean chalk & Crayolas?

J/k!!!

Really!

(Never leave yourself wide open around me)

Its not 3rd its 4th! All that cursive is beyond me
    09-03-09 12:24 PM
    Nice work - very impressive.

Nuts & bolts of VZNav & apps available on other carriers. They are SUBSCRIPTION based apps, constantly updated, with route additions & corrections made daily. The carriers pay a third-party service for these applications & remote connectivity.

BBMaps, GoogleMaps & other free applications do not compare in functionality. No turn-by-turn, no voice prompts, high error rate, extremely limited following capabilities.

A fairer comparison would be Garmin ($109/year) or Mapquest (about $50/year). With some of these, if you get another phone, you must pony up another subscription fee.

In the end, the carriers have no trouble selling a lot of subscriptions - so why should they give them away? Any cheap (under $100) GPS device will do better, but people want convenience over quality - plus you have to buy updates for your standalone, which brings the cost to close to the carrier subscriptions.

The way I always looked at it is this: If you need a GPS app to find your way home, maybe you shouldn't have a cell phone.

Actually ANY CHEAP (UNDER $100) GPS DEVICE *MIGHT* DO BETTER. But none have all of the integrated features, map updates and built-in hardware upgrades. On a road trip of 1000/mi comparing a $700 Nuvi to VZ Nav the Nuvi was slightly faster when updating the display. Both were accurate in terms of finding the final destination.

So convenience is one, map updates are second, features are third. The real issue is a GPS under a $100 dollars does as well as an $800 GPS.
    09-03-09 12:34 PM
    Thank you sprint for having extremely cheap plans where 80 bucks a month covers everything including roaming and insurance even if it gets wet

09-03-09 01:15 PM
    let me speak for everyone at sprint when i say

"pay your bill on time before we go bankrupt, you cheap ***'
    09-03-09 01:17 PM
    Thank you sprint for having extremely cheap plans where 80 bucks a month covers everything including roaming and insurance even if it gets wet

Why are you here troll?
    09-03-09 01:21 PM
    Why are you here troll?
    Probably because his service complaints were being drowned out by all the others on the Sprint forums.

09-03-09 01:40 PM
    Why are you here troll?
    "Warning do not tap on glass" , saw that at the zoo, same principle oddly enough applies to forum trolls lol.

09-03-09 01:41 PM

&I'd like to thank verizon for the great serivce I get for the money I pay.
    I'd also like to thank them for the great CSR they have!!!

frickin sprint troll!
    09-03-09 02:01 PM
    VZ is no longer crippling GPS chips, I have a Tour and can use Google Maps, Amaze nav and weather apps, all of which have no trouble accessing the GPS chip.
    09-03-09 02:08 PM
    prove it....you're a VZW troll spreading lies and hate...you only have one post, so you MUST be a troll...everyone knows that VZW cripples everything, even signal strength so you drop calls, then they can say it's a "hardware issue" so you have to upgrade every 12 months...and wtf is up with these data plans? if i don't want one i shouldn't have to pay for it...
    09-03-09 02:13 PM
    prove it....you're a VZW troll spreading lies and hate...you only have one post, so you MUST be a troll...everyone knows that VZW cripples everything, even signal strength so you drop calls, then they can say it's a "hardware issue" so you have to upgrade every 12 months...and wtf is up with these data plans? if i don't want one i shouldn't have to pay for it...
    This is truth.
    09-03-09 02:25 PM
    "Warning do not tap on glass" , saw that at the zoo, same principle oddly enough applies to forum trolls lol.
    LOL! So maybe we should put the forum trolls in little glass enclosures, stare at them, feel sorry for them, make fun of them...

It's a good thing I don't work for a carrier - someone might do a Planet complaint on me after that one.

09-03-09 02:42 PM
    VZ nav is great. Ive used it for over a year now and i works awesome. Ive used other apps like BB maps and Google maps and its not the same. $10 is worth it if u use it.
    09-03-09 02:57 PM
    VZ nav is great. Ive used it for over a year now and i works awesome. Ive used other apps like BB maps and Google maps and its not the same. $10 is worth it if u use it.
    That it is - personally, I prefer seven to eight inch screens.

I'd also like to thank them for the great CSR they have!!!
    Wait! They have ONE? Care to name names?

VZ is no longer crippling GPS chips, I have a Tour and can use Google Maps, Amaze nav and weather apps, all of which have no trouble accessing the GPS chip.
    You should know that is a trial subscription. Use it more than three days & the GPS service gets charged to you at $19.99/month.

GPS is not locked - it was not locked - get the correct device & it works - period.

prove it....you're a VZW troll spreading lies and hate...you only have one post, so you MUST be a troll...
    It is Dan Hesse - poor guy is trying everything to save the company & feed his family. Troll is just one of many hats he wears.

09-03-09 03:06 PM
    has anybody here done the bluetooth pairing with a blackberry on a tomtom for traffic updates? is it really worth it when you can just tune in to radio stations...whats the cost?
    09-03-09 04:44 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD