09-03-09 04:44 PM
48 12
tools
    I would just like to say that I think verizon is ripping people off by charging a monthly subscription for vz navigator, I already pay for a data plan every month so what is the difference ? does the data fron navigator and the regular data differ that much....Let me know what you think people.
    09-02-09 04:45 PM
    The extra money is not for the use of data, but the subscription for the use of the software itself.
    09-02-09 04:48 PM
    Cry me a river..

Sprint does it too. AT&T does it too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-09 04:57 PM
    If the subscription is for the software then why not a one time charge like when you buy other software
    09-02-09 05:00 PM
    Why not just use bbmaps? There's no voice but it does a similar thing...

09-02-09 05:03 PM
    Thanks for the info...I didnt know about bbmaps, I will give it a try
    09-02-09 05:06 PM
    And while your at it, try thinking that maybe VZW has to pay for the service for you since it's a third party app.

09-02-09 05:07 PM
    Cry me a river..

Sprint does it too. AT&T does it too.

that's why u need to switch to T-mobile!!!
    09-02-09 05:10 PM
    I would just like to say that I think verizon is ripping people off by charging a monthly subscription for vz navigator, I already pay for a data plan every month so what is the difference ? does the data fron navigator and the regular data differ that much....Let me know what you think people.
    Hello King, I would love to help you address your issue. I understand the frustration in thinking your data plan should cover VZNav. What i'll do is take a look at your account and ask you some questions to see if something else will better fit your needs or if we can adjust your plan to make it easier for you to afford VZNav.

Do you have another navigation service? Do you call 411 at all? Do you wake up in the morning to check traffic alerts, only to find they're wrong when you hit the road? What is your plan currently, and are you using it properly? You see with VZNav, you can get up to the minute traffic reports, traffic detours and all this while being mobile. VZNav also comes with a free 411 search included! A great value! The reason Verizon Wireless charges for this service is because they have to pay for the license to use this program, it is not free. The $9.99/month ($19.99/month for global) includes UNLIMITED uses, or if you prefer to use it daily you can pay $3.99 for one day of use. There are other options such as Blackberry maps that you are free to use that come included with your blackberry. Another great thing about VZNavigator is you don't have to use it if you do not want to pay for it. It is not required, and can be removed at anytime if you feel like you're being ripped off.

Well today I explained the benefits of VZNavigator to you, we went over your plan and I gave you recommendations on maybe switching your plan around to make room for VZNav, I also gave you other options to VZNav. Does this resolve all your questions? Thank you for being the most valuable part of your network -- our customer.
    Last edited by Weekendbum; 09-02-09 at 10:03 PM.
    09-02-09 05:15 PM
    there are ways to get free navigator i believe, atleast i did it on lg dare. besides there are apps you can get that are free like navigator. if you are smart you can get what you want, if you wanna complain about stuff, try a different forum
    09-02-09 05:22 PM
    there are ways to get free navigator i believe, atleast i did it on lg dare. besides there are apps you can get that are free like navigator. if you are smart you can get what you want, if you wanna complain about stuff, try a different forum
    the one i use is "Amaze" some talk bad about it, but its free, and it works for me! :P
    09-02-09 06:31 PM
    Hello King, I would love to help you address your issue. I understand the frustration in thinking your data plan should cover VZNav......I also gave you other options to VZNav. Does this resolve all your questions? Thank you for being the most valuable part of your network -- our customer.
    Nice work - very impressive.

Nuts & bolts of VZNav & apps available on other carriers. They are SUBSCRIPTION based apps, constantly updated, with route additions & corrections made daily. The carriers pay a third-party service for these applications & remote connectivity.

BBMaps, GoogleMaps & other free applications do not compare in functionality. No turn-by-turn, no voice prompts, high error rate, extremely limited following capabilities.

A fairer comparison would be Garmin ($109/year) or Mapquest (about $50/year). With some of these, if you get another phone, you must pony up another subscription fee.

In the end, the carriers have no trouble selling a lot of subscriptions - so why should they give them away? Any cheap (under $100) GPS device will do better, but people want convenience over quality - plus you have to buy updates for your standalone, which brings the cost to close to the carrier subscriptions.

The way I always looked at it is this: If you need a GPS app to find your way home, maybe you shouldn't have a cell phone.

09-02-09 06:31 PM
    Don't waste your money...a good Garmin can be purchased for less than $200 and will do WAY more
    09-02-09 07:00 PM
    just get a tom tom for 100 bucks... updates dont cost money, they can be found online...
    09-02-09 07:16 PM
    that's why u need to switch to T-mobile!!!
    I would rather pay the $10 than drop calls every 5 minutes or so.

just get a tom tom for 100 bucks... updates dont cost money, they can be found online...
    I thought updates cost money, that is why I have held off.
    09-02-09 08:25 PM
    Would you prefer a $200 one-time charge?

09-02-09 08:26 PM
    I think this is an old, used up complaint.

09-02-09 08:32 PM
    I think this is an old, used up complaint.

Something we hear all too often right?
    Like its already been stated its not something you have to have... but if you do want it you have to pay more. If I were you and then 10$ is really setting you back then look for some third party apps that do the same.
    09-02-09 09:03 PM
    yea, he does sound funny
    09-02-09 09:09 PM
    I thought updates cost money, that is why I have held off.
    On a TOM TOM you can get free updates. People update their maps and submit them to TOM TOM.

If you want the actual updates from TOM TOM and not something someone submitted you do have to pay for those.

I think the price for VZ nav is fair but nothing beats a TOM TOM or Garmin for traveling. Mine is so accurate it is scary. When it says "right turn now" you had better be ready to turn!
    09-02-09 09:26 PM
    The benefits of VZ Navigator vs TOM TOM is the fact that you can look up real time information. Movie times - synchronization online - gas prices - weather.. All kinds of things you cannot get with the average GPS unit.

Although I will say this - You can look those things up on your phone at no charge regardless, but it is mostly the integration into one application that makes it worth it to me.

On long complex trips I would much rather use the conventional GPS navigator. At least with them it doesn't require cell signal to operate and search for locations. Nothing like being in the middle of no where to see "Requesting.................." on your VZ Nav - knowing it isn't about to find anything.
    09-02-09 09:32 PM
    google search + bb maps will basically get you everything except audiable turn by turn directions, and the annoying as **** "recalculating route"....meh, i like vznav because when you're on the fly, it's convenient to have, and that's basically what you're paying for...convenience. otherwise plan ahead and use your PC and write down everything...good lord. how did people survive before vz nav, or before computers, or phones...
    09-02-09 10:53 PM
    Don't waste your money...a good Garmin can be purchased for less than $200 and will do WAY more
    I've used a Garmin, and I actually prefer VZNavigator.

09-03-09 07:07 AM
    Why not just get a GPS?
    09-03-09 07:47 AM
    I want to know why we are still arguing about this... no matter how much we/customers complain... vznav is a paid application.
    end of story... if i come off as "rude" i dont mean to be but its an old argument,
    09-03-09 07:53 AM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD