On my VZW bil, I understand the shared & mobile to mobile minutes, but what are the promotional minutes?
    02-17-10 06:27 AM
    if you get something in the mail, it will say call by this date to activate promotional minutes....basically its adding 200 min to your account for a given month from what I understand for being a loyal customer.
    02-17-10 06:28 AM
    There are a few reasons you can get promotional minutes. Usually they are good for 6 months unless you use them.
    02-17-10 09:10 AM
    On my VZW bil, I understand the shared & mobile to mobile minutes, but what are the promotional minutes?
    They are basically bonus minutes to use above your plan minutes. So if you were to go over your peak allowance, you would use those minutes.
    02-17-10 09:21 AM
    How about calling Verizon and asking them !
    02-17-10 09:43 AM
    On your bill your night and weekend minutes are referred to as promotional minutes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-10 10:48 AM
    On your bill your night and weekend minutes are referred to as promotional minutes.

Sorry that is not true. Night and weekends and mobile to mobile are refered to as off-peak minutes. Promotional minutes are added onto your bill in addition to your monthly access minutes. if you go over your normal allowed minutes you get into your promotional minutes. They do not last forever and do expire eventually. They don't cost you any additional either. Hope this clears a bit up.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-20-10 06:26 PM
    Sorry that is not true. Night and weekends and mobile to mobile are refered to as off-peak minutes. Promotional minutes are added onto your bill in addition to your monthly access minutes. if you go over your normal allowed minutes you get into your promotional minutes. They do not last forever and do expire eventually. They don't cost you any additional either. Hope this clears a bit up.

In some cases, N/w are deemed promotional minutes.
    02-20-10 10:25 PM

Actually that is true. Not everyone's bill says night/weekend minutes depending on the plan. So if it says night/weekend minutes and promotional minutes then they are indeed bonus minutes. If not, they are night and weekend minutes.

02-21-10 08:03 AM
    Again, night and weekends are refered to under off peak minutes and are not promotional minutes.

02-21-10 08:14 AM
    Not on the bill. Nowhere on the bill does it say off peak minutes. Take a look at your bill.

02-21-10 10:56 AM
    Pretty sure mine says off peak minutes for night and weekends and it lists mobile to mobile separately.

02-21-10 10:12 PM
    On Verizon nights and weekends are not promotional neither is mobile to mobile
    it is part of the Verizon plan

I actually have 500 promotional minutes and it states it as such. I got them last yr when I extended out my contract an extra yr. They offered me 500 promotional minutes. One time there was an issue on my account that was their mistake and they offered me 100 bonus minutes and it stated it as such as well.
    02-21-10 10:54 PM
    Actually on some of the older America's Choice pricing plans. Night & Weekend minutes were added on as promotional minutes and that promotional feature is staying on the account till the plan is upgraded to a Nation Wide pricing plan tier. So the Night & Weekend minutes can be either off peak or promotional depending on your plan and how long you've been a customer.

00smurf
    02-28-10 08:02 PM
    Bonus minutes to cover overage charges, these I have heard are usely good for 6 months.
    03-01-10 08:50 AM
    vzw gave my an extra 250 minutes for six months.

strangely I have been a little more of a chatter bug this past month.
    03-01-10 08:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD