Hey! I have a Blackberry Curve 8330 and it's time for my upgrade. I still want a Blackberry, but I have my eye on other phones. Here is my top 5 verizon phones I really want:
    1) Blackberry Curve2
    2) Blackberry Tour
    3) Motorola Droid
    4) HTC Touch Pro2
    5) Samsung Rouge
    Those are the phones I want, but I can have one xP I really want to stay with the Blackberry fam, so #'s 1 & 2 are mostly on my mind. Can someone tell me about the phones and how they like them and help me decide what phone I should get.
    Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-09 04:36 PM
    Honestly if you want to stick with the blackberry family all you need to do is read a little information about them. I suggest just going to youtube and just searching reviews for them so you can see how they operate and look. That will give you the best idea versus reading what everyone's opinion is.
    12-12-09 04:39 PM
    Honestly if you want to stick with the blackberry family all you need to do is read a little information about them. I suggest just going to youtube and just searching reviews for them so you can see how they operate and look. That will give you the best idea versus reading what everyone's opinion is.
    I've seen many YouTube videos, yet none compare any with the 8530 or Tour :/

12-12-09 04:41 PM
    Well you don't need a comparison video for the 8330 because you should already know what its capable of. I can tell you now the 8530 is a good step up from the 8330 just by trackpad, screen resolution (much improved) and app memory alone. Not to mention wifi and the 5.0 OS.
    12-12-09 06:10 PM
    While in the Verizon store the other day, I liked the new 8530, for the track pad. I didn't get to mess with it much. BUT, I liked it. Not sure if it comes in any other color than purple, as I haven't researched it.
    12-12-09 06:14 PM
    I would say it all depends on your likes. If you like the BB family, I would say to get the Tour because It is more advanced than the Curve. It has more features and such, even though the curve just came out...
    12-12-09 09:58 PM
    im kind of biased...id go with the tour.
    12-12-09 10:15 PM
    I don't think you'll like the Droid. The OS is neat, but the keyboard in garbage IMO. If you want a physical QWERTY and you want the same kind of keyboard of your 8330, the 8530 is really your only bet. Though, I happen to like Storm. The TP2 is neat, but underneath that fancy TouchFlo is the same windows UI.

If you're really interested in the Android OS, check out the Eris too (though, no QWERTY). The Rougue has a really nice display, and the keyboard is nice, but I think you'd miss the "smartphone" functionality, as it's basically a gussied up smart-dumb-phone...thing...:P
    12-12-09 11:58 PM
    I don't think you'll like the Droid. The OS is neat, but the keyboard in garbage IMO. If you want a physical QWERTY and you want the same kind of keyboard of your 8330, the 8530 is really your only bet. Though, I happen to like Storm. The TP2 is neat, but underneath that fancy TouchFlo is the same windows UI.

If you're really interested in the Android OS, check out the Eris too (though, no QWERTY). The Rougue has a really nice display, and the keyboard is nice, but I think you'd miss the "smartphone" functionality, as it's basically a gussied up smart-dumb-phone...thing...:P
    Woah, thanks I checked out the Eris, but I'm not used to all touch screen phones. I'm in a really tough decision between the Curve 8530 & the Tour 9630. I learned the Curve has no mute button, so I think it won't lock. :O I need to lock my phone because I have school and I don't want to be pushing buttons. I like the keyboard on the Curve, yet I've never tried the Tour keyboard. I'm a big internet user (mainly YouTube) so I'm not sure if the Curve's 3G beats the Tour's Rev. A speeds. Also I'm used to battery pulls so I don't care if the Curve's "hour glass time" is there. I don't know if having threaded text is good, I'm happy with SMS on the regular Curve 8330. I also don't know what 5.0 Software is, so I guess I could be happy with the Tour's 4.7. I also want a phone that looks "brag-able" & the Tour's design is living that up. So if anyone reads up to here, can you answer my questions? :P

P.S- I could like the storm too, yet I haven't looked into it.

Last edited by textingismydrug; 12-13-09 at 10:03 AM.
    12-13-09 09:46 AM
    While in the Verizon store the other day, I liked the new 8530, for the track pad. I didn't get to mess with it much. BUT, I liked it. Not sure if it comes in any other color than purple, as I haven't researched it.
    The 8530 also comes in black. Black is much nicer than the purple.

To the OP, wait a few more weeks and see if the Essex comes out and get one of those.
    12-13-09 01:08 PM
    Here's another option:

Palm Pixi clears FCC with Verizon frequencies and WiFi in tow -- Engadget

Its not available yet but what do you know it has wifi while sprints version don't

12-13-09 01:49 PM
    My Storm (1) is a great little computing device, but an average phone. It seems I am one of the few who like it.
    12-13-09 01:52 PM
    Nah, I hate palms & I decided I'll just go pick up a Tour tomorrow. Thanks though.

12-13-09 01:56 PM
    My Storm (1) is a great little computing device, but an average phone. It seems I am one of the few who like it.
    I like it too. Except for the constant rebooting it's really a great phone.
    12-13-09 01:57 PM
    Here's another option:

Palm Pixi clears FCC with Verizon frequencies and WiFi in tow -- Engadget

Its not available yet but what do you know it has wifi while sprints version don't

I went to a Sprint store to check it out...that is a nice little device. The WebOS is pretty neat too. I was wondering if VZW was going to pick that up along with the Pre.
    12-13-09 02:24 PM
    Well you don't need a comparison video for the 8330 because you should already know what its capable of. I can tell you now the 8530 is a good step up from the 8330 just by trackpad, screen resolution (much improved) and app memory alone. Not to mention wifi and the 5.0 OS.
    +1

great step up in performance, opening menus, web browsing etc.

a little smaller and lighter than the 8330 too.
    12-13-09 02:40 PM
    I upgraded my 8330 to the 9530. It totally rocks. Having to charge the battery every day is the only thing that I dont love about the phone. But I am a pretty heavy user.

I have used the new Droid phone and its a nice toy. But if use a Blackberry for more than entertainment I wouldn't recommend it. Don't get me wrong, its a fun phone. But its a almost impossible to set up a email account unless its gmail.
    You cant close apps when you get done with them without opening up a separate app to close them all. One at a time ! The battery life is abysmal. If you use it much it you will need to recharge it before dark.

And the slide out keyboard could be better. The top row of keys are right up against the phone and are hard too press if you don't have fingers the size of a 9 year old.

Hope this helps a little. I have used any of the other phones on the list.
    12-13-09 02:40 PM

I have used the new Droid phone and its a nice toy. But if use a Blackberry for more than entertainment I wouldn't recommend it. Don't get me wrong, its a fun phone. But its a almost impossible to set up a email account unless its gmail.
    You cant close apps when you get done with them without opening up a separate app to close them all. One at a time ! The battery life is abysmal. If you use it much it you will need to recharge it before dark.

Umm you got a couple things wrong here. First of all you don't need to shut down apps like blackberry Android does a fine job of handling memory. My battery life even with the bigger better screen lasts me at least as long as my Tour maybe longer. I have my exchange account setupand it works flawlessly. The only complaint I have with the Droid is the kb and I'm actually starting to get pretty good with it I didn't think I would.

12-13-09 04:14 PM
    The Droid is a great device. I'd take it over any blackberry I've ever used. The keyboard does take some getting use to but once you do your fine. Also my email works just fine on my Droid.

The new curve is a nice device but I your gonna go blackberry I say the tour just for the screen resolution. But you will not have 5.0 OS only leaks and hybrids which all work fine.

12-14-09 02:25 AM
    Much love to the Tour...just sayin
    12-15-09 07:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD