I am a Verizon customer and I have had a 9650 for almost two years. I am wondering what my options are once my contract is up. I am thinking about either keeping my old phone or just discontinuing it completely after my contract is up.

1. I actually would want to keep my old phone for now - it has everything I really need (I know, I'm a dinosaur). Can I continue keeping my old phone if I want and would I need a new contract for that? I have heard that once your contract is up, you can pay month-by-month. But would my old phone still be subscribed to the Blackberry services our would I need a new contract? I am really clueless about how things work as far as contracts and options. Can I save money if I am allowed to keep my old phone (since the phone's price was included in the contract and I would be keeping it beyond two years.). Again, I am very clueless about these things.

2. What if I decide I don't want a phone any more. Once my contract is up, I assume the phone will stop working and I won't get billed. Do I have to do anything or sign something if I should decide to end my phone use once my contract is up? Or does everything automatically end and that is that and I don't have to do anything?

3. What if I discontinue my Verizon service but suppose six months from now I change my mind? What if I am incredibly cheap and want to re-institute phone service using my old 9650. Would that be allowed or would my only option be to buy a new phone?
    04-29-13 05:46 PM
    Simply put the contract end date is the end of your 2yr contract obligation. You signed a 2yr agreement when you got your blackberry at the discounted price. If you want to discontinue your services you can do so without a termination fee.
    Month to month applies to your billing obligation. You no longer have a contract so you get your regular monthly bill. Nothing different from the last 2yrs.
    If you disconnect you could lose your number. If you remember your 1st bills fees (activation fee, prorates) you would more than likely pay those again to reactivate your blackberry months later.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 09:17 PM