11-27-10 08:53 PM
35 12
tools
    What is the next blackberry device to be released on vzw?????? I am a tour user and am due for an upgrade in the next few months. I dont really want to upgrade to the bold because the devices are very similar and I had rather hold out for a better investment. I have been out of the loop on new devices lately. Is there any speculation on the next possible 4G blackberry for vzw?????
    11-21-10 10:38 PM
    Nope, we have no idea what the next Verizon BB will be... Could be a Storm 3, but nobody knows for sure.
    11-21-10 10:57 PM
    Nope, we have no idea what the next Verizon BB will be... Could be a Storm 3, but nobody knows for sure.
    My money would be on a Storm 3 with LTE... but only time will tell
    11-21-10 11:01 PM
    I don't think Ill ever go back to the Storm. I have a Tour now and definately want to upgrade to the Bold. I need wifi and more application memory. Plus, this Tour is starting to go

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-10 11:51 PM
    What is the next blackberry device to be released on vzw?????? I am a tour user and am due for an upgrade in the next few months. I dont really want to upgrade to the bold because the devices are very similar and I had rather hold out for a better investment. I have been out of the loop on new devices lately. Is there any speculation on the next possible 4G blackberry for vzw?????
    You are gonna have to wait a while. Q2 2011 earliest most likely. Oh btw, go Ducks.
    11-22-10 12:16 AM
    Def a storm

11-22-10 01:04 AM
    I don't know either, but I sure would like to. Just today I was watching tv and an AT&T commercial came on with yet ANOTHER new phone. I don't know what Verizon's problem is but I'm real sick and tired of other providers getting new phones and VZW not. Sick of the speculation and rumors and "wait for this" and "wait for that." I'm normally a pretty darn patient person but even I've about run out.

I need to replace my Storm1 and I'm not going to do that until I can get a phone I *really* like. At this point there isn't another BB or Droid I want and I've been keeping watch on new phones for about 3mos now and real tired of it.

There are two phones I'm interested in, the Torch which although some say will *never* come to VZW because it's an AT&T phone contract etc. You can't tell me they can't make a very similar phone, call it something else and make it available on other services. I no longer believe it's an AT&T/RIM contractual thing either because other networks have it in other countries.

The other one is the Motorola Slice which 4-6wks or so ago was rumored to come out and now doesn't even seem to be on the Motorola or Phone Scoop sites anymore.

I don't see why providers feel it's necessary to make their new/upcoming phones and *approximately* when they'll be available such a big secret. They're phones for cripes sake - not special ops government missiles.
    11-22-10 01:50 AM
    My wife could not wait anymore and switched to ATT for the tourch, she loves it!
    11-22-10 01:53 AM
    Believe me, if their coverage wasn't so bad I'd have migrated over to AT&T to get the Torch already. It's nice to hear she loves it seems to be a split thing, some love it some complain about it. It may not be a high end Berry but it's sure going to be better than my S1. I don't need a high end Berry to anyway so the Torch looks like my perfect phone
    11-22-10 03:34 AM
    I don't know either, but I sure would like to. Just today I was watching tv and an AT&T commercial came on with yet ANOTHER new phone. I don't know what Verizon's problem is but I'm real sick and tired of other providers getting new phones and VZW not. Sick of the speculation and rumors and "wait for this" and "wait for that." I'm normally a pretty darn patient person but even I've about run out.

I need to replace my Storm1 and I'm not going to do that until I can get a phone I *really* like. At this point there isn't another BB or Droid I want and I've been keeping watch on new phones for about 3mos now and real tired of it.

There are two phones I'm interested in, the Torch which although some say will *never* come to VZW because it's an AT&T phone contract etc. You can't tell me they can't make a very similar phone, call it something else and make it available on other services. I no longer believe it's an AT&T/RIM contractual thing either because other networks have it in other countries.

The other one is the Motorola Slice which 4-6wks or so ago was rumored to come out and now doesn't even seem to be on the Motorola or Phone Scoop sites anymore.

I don't see why providers feel it's necessary to make their new/upcoming phones and *approximately* when they'll be available such a big secret. They're phones for cripes sake - not special ops government missiles.
    I wonder why this is such a hard concept for you to get, but if a carrier has exclusive rights to a phone, it will not be available on other carriers however, AT&T is a US based carrier so their exclusivity is for US only. Just like the Storm is a VzW exclusive and no other US based carrier sells it. Does not mean that RIM can not sell this phone to other markets outside of the US. And even though it is not considered a high-end device, the Curve 3G was just released not to long ago from VzW and the Bold only 5 months ago. They also release plenty of new phones all the time (they released 7 new phones just in the past month), obviously phones that you do not want or pay attention to, but released none the less. If having a certain phone is SO important to you that you ignore everything else, please go get what you want. You seem to just be getting everything wadded and bunched up tighter and tighter every time, it's about time you go make yourself happy with a new phone and STFU already.
    11-22-10 03:53 AM
    SuperMario, that was uncalled for.
    She was simply venting over the lack of new phones on VERIZON. The last few BB's Vz has released are basically upgrades. The curve 9330, although 3g and WiFi enabled, is still a curve. The Torch has both touch and qwerty. I want one too, but won't leave Verizon.
    Your reply was long and posted very early this morning. Maybe you need to get some coffee and turn your computer OFF.
    11-22-10 04:59 AM
    The Curve is a starter blackberry the Bold is a business BB where is the fun BB? That's what we want verizon. Fast internet please! The only things keeping me with BB are BBM and different colored led for different messages. My Tour is on its last leg with only 2 months till my new every two.

11-22-10 07:08 AM
    She was simply venting over the lack of new phones on VERIZON. The last few BB's Vz has released are basically upgrades. The curve 9330, although 3g and WiFi enabled, is still a curve. The Torch has both touch and qwerty. I want one too, but won't leave Verizon.
    Your reply was long and posted very early this morning. Maybe you need to get some coffee and turn your computer OFF.
    But she's blaming VZW. Is it VZW's fault that RIM isn't Producing sh!t, or is it RIM's? VZW is releasing phones all the time.
    11-22-10 07:21 AM
    Believe me, if their coverage wasn't so bad I'd have migrated over to AT&T to get the Torch already. It's nice to hear she loves it seems to be a split thing, some love it some complain about it. It may not be a high end Berry but it's sure going to be better than my S1. I don't need a high end Berry to anyway so the Torch looks like my perfect phone
    If you hate your storm why does your sig say that you love your storm ,lol
    11-22-10 08:01 AM
    It's a love/hate relationship!
    11-22-10 10:32 AM
    SuperMario was right on with what he said. Verizon has just released a bunch of phones. They may not be BB's, but that is not Verizon's fault. They release phones all the time (i think they even have more smart phones then any other carrier). But to just say that Verizon doesn't release any phones is just a rediculious statement.
    11-22-10 11:22 AM
    As far as new bb on verizon I think it'll be a Storm 3, have no idea when but with rumors of a Iphone in Jan. And selling droids like crazy I don't think blackberry is a real concern to verizon. -It does **** me off that other carriers (att) always seem to get hot phones before verizon. Like the bold, the torch, the iphone. I used to have a bb 8900 with att but kept dropping calls in my area of north NJ so I had to switch.

11-22-10 12:50 PM
    I don't drink coffee. Thanks though.

But she's blaming VZW. Is it VZW's fault that RIM isn't Producing sh!t, or is it RIM's? VZW is releasing phones all the time.
    That's exactly my point. No other manufacturer seems to have issues with producing phones that VzW will sell, except RIM. Here's a time-line of the "quickness" of BB launches/

Apr 2007- BB World Edition 8830, the first global capable BB for VzW, focused mostly on the business user, with no camera and large keyboard for messaging.

Aug 2007- BB Pearl 8130, the first launch of a phone focused on the regular consumer, with a smaller size and camera option but no world capabilities.

Feb 2008- BB Curve 8330, released months after other carriers had this phone, this was the consumer/business user BB released. I believe this phone launched BB into the consumer market, making BB a highly loved and used smartphone (at the time).

Nov 2008- BB Storm 9530, VzW exclusive first touch-screen BB with global capabilities. (So far, 19 months away from the last global phone.)

July 2009- BB Tour 9630, the follow-up to the WE Blackberry, highly anticipated. Thought to be the CDMA version of the Bold series at the time. (so far 9 months away after the release of the Storm and 27 months after the release of the WE)

Nov 2009- BB Storm 2 9550, the updated and dubbed "what the Storm should have been" phone with improved hardware and brought along 5.0.

Nov 2009- BB Curve 2 8530, the updated version of the highly loved phone, brought several color options, no camera flash. A dumbed down version of the original IMO.

June 2010- BB Pearl Flip, clamshell style BB with Pearl style keyboard. Needs an episode of "Where are they Now". over shadowed by...

June 2010- BB Bold 9650, first trackpad offered phone, global capable, better memory and specs all around. Proud participant in BoldGate 2010. (released 11 months after the Tour)

Sept 2010- BB Curve 3G, actually this is exactly like the Curve 2 except it will be OS 6 capable; comes in new colors too.

So if history teaches us anything, we still have some time before we will see another Global device from RIM (about another 5-7 months) as well as another consumer device (about another 7-9 months)

Might as well get used to waiting, that's all we have done before. Only Android has produced so many devices in such a short time, but that's mostly because it's a multi-manufacturer OS.
    11-22-10 12:53 PM
    I agree with you 1000% Verizon and BB are giving us NOTHING. I hope something decent comes out soon...
    11-22-10 08:43 PM

Welll said my friend!!!!!! they would have to at least have the torch available by july or im leaving to a cheaper alternative...

its really a shame, upgrade to an old bold or leave bb for a fascinate .. smh smh smh .. some way to keep customers .
    Last edited by Berry Hazey; 11-22-10 at 09:20 PM.
    11-22-10 09:18 PM
    It may not be a high end Berry but it's sure going to be better than my S1. I don't need a high end Berry to anyway so the Torch looks like my perfect phone
    Not high end? This phone was touted as the best Blackberry ever. How is that not high end?
    11-22-10 10:33 PM
    SuperMario was right on with what he said. Verizon has just released a bunch of phones. They may not be BB's, but that is not Verizon's fault. They release phones all the time (i think they even have more smart phones then any other carrier). But to just say that Verizon doesn't release any phones is just a rediculious statement.
    Hold on here, the Torch has been out for what? 3mos now? Does VZW have it? NO! I don't wanna hear how it's an AT&T contracted phone either, I don't buy that anymore. Rogers has it, now Sprint is supposed to get it so "exclusive to" doesn't cut it with me anymore. There's a recent post I believe in the Rumors section whereby some representative of Sprint told a customer that all Sprint has to do is call RIM to get the Torch ... well, so can VZW but I don't see the Torch on their site nor even any recent rumors that they're getting it. I see AT&T just released a new phone this week, can't remember what it was but I saw the tv commercial. AT&T seems to be releasing a lot of phones lately according to what I've seen on tv. So, I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you.
    11-24-10 03:01 AM
    Not high end? This phone was touted as the best Blackberry ever. How is that not high end?
    There were a lot of posts about how it should have had higher end specs but it doesn't. From everything I've read that's the general consensus. But if it is high end that's even better. I just want the Torch, I don't care what end it's on.
    11-24-10 03:04 AM
    Hold on here, the Torch has been out for what? 3mos now? Does VZW have it? NO! I don't wanna hear how it's an AT&T contracted phone either, I don't buy that anymore. Rogers has it, now Sprint is supposed to get it so "exclusive to" doesn't cut it with me anymore. There's a recent post I believe in the Rumors section whereby some representative of Sprint told a customer that all Sprint has to do is call RIM to get the Torch ... well, so can VZW but I don't see the Torch on their site nor even any recent rumors that they're getting it. I see AT&T just released a new phone this week, can't remember what it was but I saw the tv commercial. AT&T seems to be releasing a lot of phones lately according to what I've seen on tv. So, I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you.
    I don't see it on Sprint either. You mean to tell me you believe rumors you see here?! Your intelligence has now been confirmed.

11-24-10 03:16 AM
    I don't see it on Sprint either. You mean to tell me you believe rumors you see here?! Your intelligence has now been confirmed.

I don't believe rumors here and my intelligence is just fine thank you. There wasn't any need to insult me that I could see but then insults on this board seem to run rampant.

Why do you think I no longer believe that the Torch is an exclusive phone made w/some deal between AT&T and RIM? If that's the case then how the heck did Rogers get it? I saw posts awhile back about the Motorola Spice being on it's way to VZW ... hah! I can't even find any recent info on the phone anymore (I checked a few days ago and could find only early Oct info) let alone rumors or truth to this. As I recall it's not even on the Motorola site anymore but I don't have time to go look again right now.

If you'd read my post properly (I could insult you here but I won't) I didn't say it was ON the Sprint site and also said supposedly Sprint could get it with nothing more than a phone call. I strongly suspect that's all it would take for *any* carrier to get *any* phone they wanted to sell. Just about anything (except my dogs) are for sale if people/businesses are wanting to buy it. Nobody is going to convince me that VZW CAN'T get the Torch.
    11-24-10 03:40 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD