I have an original 11/21 Storm with a large amount of dust accumulated under the screen. Also, the escape button will randomly stop working and it has done this from .68 all the way to leaked os .109. The catch here is I nearly destroyed the sticker over the right screw in an effort to fix the screen clicking problems.

What are my options here in order to have it replaced? Is my only option claiming insurance on the phone in some way to get a replacement? I'm afraid to call CS and get one sent out, then send mine in only to be charged full retail when they see the messed up sticker.
    03-07-09 01:45 AM
    Hmm if it were just the dust, VZW wuld have rep,aced it under warr. As for the OS you can roll it back not a problem, Broken sticker, I would file file a claim with Insurance, this sticker might mean do enter and you tried or did. Sorry
    Last edited by lastraid; 03-07-09 at 12:12 PM.
    03-07-09 07:53 AM
    But insurance isn't supposed to cover tampering.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-09 12:10 PM
    In a ideal world yes
    03-07-09 12:15 PM
    I am sorry - I guess honesty & integrity still mean something to me.

03-07-09 01:12 PM
    I am sorry - I guess honesty & integrity still mean something to me.

In an ideal world, RIM would release a version of the Storm that didn't require tampering
    03-07-09 01:33 PM
    In an ideal world, RIM would release a version of the Storm that didn't require tampering
    I came up with a tool that fixes every touchscreen phone out there.

A 10-pound sledge hammer.

Come to think about it, that is my tool for fixing all kinds of things.

RIM does need to return to a quality at any cost mantra instead of building to a price-point.

03-07-09 01:59 PM
    I came up with a tool that fixes every touchscreen phone out there.

A 10-pound sledge hammer.

Come to think about it, that is my tool for fixing all kinds of things.
    But are you able to collect on the insurance?

RIM does need to return to a quality at any cost mantra instead of building to a price-point.

Preachin' to the choir, my friend . . .
    03-07-09 08:48 PM
    Ok, thanks for the input everyone. Unfortunately, it looks like I'll have to find a way to claim insurance if I want a replacement. Although it may not be the high road, like it was said, why should the phone require tampering simply to make it functional as advertised?
    03-08-09 03:38 AM
    If you had a clicking problem and dust under the acreen, then you should have called for a warr replacement. I think these were problems in your original post. Clicking and dust are known documented issues with VZW and devices have been replaced for this. Once you break a no tamper seal, you are SOL.
    03-08-09 08:57 AM
    If you had a clicking problem and dust under the acreen, then you should have called for a warr replacement. I think these were problems in your original post. Clicking and dust are known documented issues with VZW and devices have been replaced for this. Once you break a no tamper seal, you are SOL.
    That being said, what if I were to simply sell the phone to someone for a discounted price say $50-$150. (them knowing about the problems of course) If I were to activate my old flip phone when my cycle ends would I be penalized? (since the data plan will be turned off and the bb wont be on the account)
    03-08-09 02:46 PM
    I do not see a problem with that. Although good luck selling it if you disclose the problems.
    03-08-09 03:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD