I just used a work around to remove the download limit (to download files larger than 2.3MB) on my Curve 8530 which involved enabling "Legacy SB Restore" as well as adding Service Books to my device from a backup file. The work around worked wonderfully, but after the fact I read somewhere that this somehow bypasses both BIS and my data plan, which really has me confused.

Could someone explain how this works if it bypasses my data plan? Does that mean I will somehow be billed by Verizon, even though I pay them to have unlimited data?

Sorry if this is confusing, but I'm completely lost and need to know before I download anything else

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by JavaBrat; 04-28-11 at 01:06 PM.
    04-28-11 12:49 PM
    No you're fine. Actually a better way is to just use Opera Mini and set in the Advanced options the protocol to HTTP instead of Socket if you are still on OS 5. The reason why is because the Service Books won't stick I think. Now if you are on OS 6 they took away this limitation but I believe your phone doesn't upgrade to OS 6.
    04-29-11 04:14 PM
    No you're fine. Actually a better way is to just use Opera Mini and set in the Advanced options the protocol to HTTP instead of Socket if you are still on OS 5. The reason why is because the Service Books won't stick I think. Now if you are on OS 6 they took away this limitation but I believe your phone doesn't upgrade to OS 6.
    Thanks for the reply MisterObvious!

I got Opera Mini to download files larger than the limit, however, there were some larger files that constantly failed. How do I go about changing the settings you mentioned, since it sounds like a lot less hassle?

Thanks again!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-11 04:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD