As far as device discounts, plans, etc?
    Last edited by Hydrogenman; 11-07-09 at 10:54 PM.
    11-07-09 10:18 PM
    Why do you ask?
    11-07-09 11:03 PM
    As far as device discounts, plans, etc?
    It's a secret.

Phone/price plan discounts would be the least of my concerns if I were job hunting.
    11-07-09 11:32 PM
    It's a secret.

Phone/price plan discounts would be the least of my concerns if I were job hunting.
    I'm doing quite fine in my current career and am not pondering a change.

My nephew is, however, looking for a job and has applied at the store.

It has me curious
    11-08-09 02:24 AM
    Unfortunately its not something we are able to talk about... just like we are not to talk about our wages. Its considered proprietary information or something; even though you can probobly google it and find out.
    11-08-09 08:14 AM
    Actually sweetcheeks, no matter what big red has you talked into believing, depending on who you are talking with and the purpose, your right to discuss employment terms is protected by federal law. Doesn't really apply here, just something to keep in your head

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-09 11:25 AM
    Thats good to know, but I'm still not tellin'
    11-08-09 11:34 AM
    I'm doing quite fine in my current career and am not pondering a change.

My nephew is, however, looking for a job and has applied at the store.

It has me curious
    I'm sure if your nephew makes it he will be happy to share.
    11-08-09 12:21 PM
    Actually sweetcheeks, no matter what big red has you talked into believing, depending on who you are talking with and the purpose, your right to discuss employment terms is protected by federal law. Doesn't really apply here, just something to keep in your head

Could you cite said federal law?

11-08-09 04:08 PM
    Like I said it doesn't pertain to this, its more related to unions, etc., as part of "a protected concerted activity" to help obtain better pay and or benefits.

It can be found in the National Labor Relations Act
    11-08-09 05:24 PM
    I doubt that law exists.

11-08-09 06:08 PM
    interesting... so you are saying you cant even tell you friends? parents? spouse? is it one of those things if you tell me you will have to kill me?
    11-08-09 06:19 PM
    Like I said it doesn't pertain to this, its more related to unions, etc., as part of "a protected concerted activity" to help obtain better pay and or benefits.

It can be found in the National Labor Relations Act
    Hm, I read NLRB | About Us | Overview | National Labor Relations Act and I didn't see anything in there regarding that Verizon must allow us to talk about wages/benefits outside of the workplace.
    11-08-09 06:30 PM
    Hm, I read NLRB | About Us | Overview | National Labor Relations Act and I didn't see anything in there regarding that Verizon must allow us to talk about wages/benefits outside of the workplace.
    If you are doing so in a "Concerted effort" to increase the benefits and wages of yourself AND your coworkers, they absolutely must.
    11-08-09 06:37 PM
    Again, I believe what your saying I just like to have evidence to read to support it so if it ever comes up in a discussion I can say "I read it at (insert law/precedence here) versus ( I heard it from a friend)

So if u could post a law, court case, or something please do.
    Last edited by Weekendbum; 11-08-09 at 08:29 PM.
    11-08-09 08:20 PM
    I've heard they get 50% off

11-08-09 08:27 PM
    Again, I believe what your saying I just like to have evidence to read to support it so if it ever comes up in a discussion I can say "I read it at (insert law/precedence here) versus ( I heard it from a friend)

So if u could post a law, court case, or something please do.
    give me some time to try to find the court case.....I know that its true.... at least we learned it in my employment law class on thursday.... just don't remember where it comes from

Pretty much, if you are doing it for the betterment of yourself and Your fellow employees work conditions and compensation, the company has to let you do it...
    11-08-09 08:27 PM
    NLRB | About Us | Overview | National Labor Relations Act

Section 7 of the NLRA is the key part.

More explanation here:

The Myth of Pay Privacy
    11-08-09 08:38 PM
    I've heard they get 50% off

Thanks for just answering the question and not making a federal case out of it

I appreciate it

You other guys need to just not reply if you're unwilling to give an answer. Why grandstand over something so petty.
    Last edited by Hydrogenman; 11-08-09 at 11:23 PM.
    11-08-09 11:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD