02-10-10 03:24 PM
46 12
tools
    What is included in the unlimited data plan?
    Is unlimited pic/vid text included with web surfing and email. I'm trying to price some stuff without actually going to the store and I can't find the info I'm looking for. I was looking at a family plan for the wife and i. I wanted to do the shared 1400 minutes and unlimited 10 friend thing with unlimited data.
    so the 1400 minutes voice only is 89.99 then each with unlimited data. So would the unlimited data include unlimited mms stuff for each of use. Also do that include vcast tv or anything like that?
    02-05-10 10:08 AM
    None of the data plans include Messaging. You would need to get the Talk and Text. Does not include VCast TV, that is a seperate feature.
    02-05-10 10:15 AM
    Unlimted data covers all use of data on the device. SMS/MMS is not included.

Data transport of MMS is and SMS is done on the voice side.

Voice plan with no SMS/MM package would cost .20 to send/recv SMS and .25 to send/recv MMS.

If you do a lot of SMS/MMS, I would look at the talk and text plan. This will give unlimed for all this, plus the data plan of 29.99 for each required device.

What type of devices are you going to be having on this plan? Data plans can run as low as 9.99 depending on device.
    02-05-10 10:15 AM
    well my wife has a 8330 and i would be adding to her line into a family plan I guess. I would get the 8530 curve. I would surf web and download apps a lot. I would also send video and text messages a lot to other bb users. then make my normal calls to like the same 5-8 people or so.
    02-05-10 10:20 AM
    well my wife has a 8330 and i would be adding to her line into a family plan I guess. I would get the 8530 curve. I would surf web and download apps a lot. I would also send video and text messages a lot to other bb users. then make my normal calls to like the same 5-8 people or so.
    I would get talk and text plan for both of you. Being her device most likely be 9.99 as a secondary line. both phones will require the 29.99 data plans.
    02-05-10 10:23 AM
    BB need the 29.99 or 44.99 data plan. If you get the Talk and Text then you can have Unlimited messaging or get a text bundle depending on your usage. Don't forget BBM, you can text, send pics and voice notes and thats considered part of data.
    02-05-10 10:25 AM
    Looks like we're tag teaming this post Lastraid lol...!
    02-05-10 10:25 AM
    well she right now is an single line and I would be adding another phone on her plan because she gets a 25% discount through her work. So we would have to revamp the plan I think to a family plan. I would have to have unlimited data and text. How much is the vcast stuff?
    02-05-10 10:26 AM
    VCast Videos and TV is not available on the Curves FYI.
    02-05-10 10:27 AM
    is there a plan if we only wanted to share like a 1000 minutes but have unlimited text and data?
    02-05-10 10:28 AM
    You can get the 700 Familyshare T&T or the 1400 Familyshare T&T with 10 Friends and Family numbers.

700 FS T&T is 99.99 for both lines

1400 FS T&T is 119.99 for both lines
    Last edited by supermario28; 02-05-10 at 10:33 AM.
    02-05-10 10:30 AM
    You can get the 700 Familyshare T&T or the 1400 Familyshare T&T with 10 Friends and Family numbers.
    If anything I would probably have to go with the 1400 familyshare t&t because my wife and I could share 10 friends and that would cover like 85 percent of our calls. Plus the main people I would talk and text too already have bb's so your saying bbm would cover my texting and picture messaging.
    My brother has a 8530 curve and he has sprint tv on his. I sounds sweet thats why I ask about vcast. lol he was watching Gi joe the movie while we waited for his son to get out of school the other day. Got me intreged. lol
    02-05-10 10:35 AM
    Keep in mind that ONLY the primary line gets discounted. Not the whole plan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-10 10:41 AM
    You can save on texting thru BBs IF most of your contacts also have BBs or if you use social messanger clients like AIM, MSN, ICQ, Facebook, Yahoo, etc, as they all use BB data and NOT text. I survive on 250 text messages a month this way. Also don't forget BBM, it's a robust texting client that connects all BB users.

If anything I would probably have to go with the 1400 familyshare t&t because my wife and I could share 10 friends and that would cover like 85 percent of our calls. Plus the main people I would talk and text too already have bb's so your saying bbm would cover my texting and picture messaging.
    My brother has a 8530 curve and he has sprint tv on his. I sounds sweet thats why I ask about vcast. lol he was watching Gi joe the movie while we waited for his son to get out of school the other day. Got me intreged. lol
    Verizon does not offer it's TV product on it's BBs, just a crappy video on demand version, that is not as cool, and is not included in the cost like SprintTV. VZW charges 10 per month for Vcast Video, and like I said it's not live TV, but rather it's video on demand. Actually it's not TOO bad really, just not worth the extra cost in my opinion. There are other live TV options out there and more to come, but so far nothing that compares to SprintTV I'm afraid.
    02-05-10 10:44 AM
    are there apps and stuff to download that would do the samething for live tv. are there a lot of cool apps and games on vzw
    02-05-10 10:53 AM
    Some are free and some cost. But pretty much you have access to all the apps in the App World.
    02-05-10 11:22 AM
    OK. Thank you so much for your help everyone. I appreciate it!
    02-05-10 11:44 AM
    Looks like I'm going to go with the
    700 shared any time minutes w/free nights and weekends.
    Unlimited Text and data
    on 2 bb's for around 130 bucks not including taxes and other charges but with discount. I'm assuming taxes and all that can't be more then like 20 dollars. so like 150 at the most. sound decent? oh and then like 5 dollars for insurance.
    02-05-10 02:35 PM
    Sounds GREAT!
    02-05-10 03:26 PM
    cool thanks for your help
    02-05-10 03:39 PM
    So for some reason the options are different for me i guess being added to my wifes plan. The options are we can get the 700 shared anytime minutes for 69.99 then we pay 10 dollars for shared 500 texts and I guess free mobile to mobile texts(is that any mobile or just vzw mobiles. also do incoming texts and incoming calls count against you or just ones I create) then 10 bucks for insurance. then the Data plans are 24.99 each(with discount i guess). I don't understand the text messaging. Also i'm told that all vzw mobile to mobile are free anytime right? plus then nights and weekends are free to all phones right? My wife is handling this online and I don't think she understands fully. Thats why i'm wondering if someone could explain this to me.
    02-09-10 02:03 PM
    It's probably $10 for 500 texts and unlimited IN (verizon to verizon). Not sure what you mean by 500 shared text though. Think their plans are 250 ($5), 500 w/unlimited IN($10), etc on individual lines. The shared text/talk plans are $30 more for unlimited texts on both line. Calls to other verizon customers are free and nights/weekends are free.
    Last edited by PJnc284; 02-09-10 at 02:27 PM.
    02-09-10 02:23 PM
    what is considered nights? Yes it is unlimited to vzw customers. Are incoming calls and texts counted against our minutes and messages? Like from sprint for example.
    02-09-10 02:33 PM
    For verizon plans:
    Night & Weekend Minutes
    Night Hrs: (M–F) 9:01 p.m.–5:59 a.m.
    Wknd Hrs: 12:00 a.m. Sat.–11:59 p.m. Sun.
    Incoming/outgoing calls/texts to other carriers count against your allotment. Verizon doesn't have the equivalent of Sprint's Any Mobile/Any Time
    02-09-10 02:37 PM
    For verizon plans:

Incoming/outgoing calls/texts to other carriers count against your allotment. Verizon doesn't have the equivalent of Sprint's Any Mobile/Any Time
    O.k. one more question about the plans. I'm just trying to arm myself before I go to the store so I know exactly what I want. I'm looking at the 1400 shared minutes for 89.99 it comes with the 10 friends/family thing. So my question is can I do landlines and mobile with that because I would want for example so family that are on landlines and like my brother who is on sprint. So this would cover me calling them.......and them calling me unlimited right. As long as they are on my 10 fam/friends if they call me i don't get charged minutes right. Then I'm going with 10 bucks for 500 text messages. 90 percent of the people I text are on verizon so thats unlimited and the other 10 percent are on sprint but are using blackberrys so i can just use blackberry messenger. If this all works the way I'm thinking it does then It will damn near be like unlimited for me. Other then saying calling for dinner reservations or ordering pizza. lol something completely random.
    02-10-10 07:11 AM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD