I have 3 lines w vzw. Iphone 4, 4s, and samsung circa 1988 phone for my mother in law I have no idea the name of it but it has giant numbers for the old people. I recently ported over from Sprint to VZW. Prior to Sprint I had been with vzw for about 10-12 years and I left VZW to sprint because they wouldn't "budge" on their policy. I forget what it was but it was something miniscule and they would not budge so I went away to Sprint and came back after 2 years. If I would have to rank the carriers that would best fit my needs, I’d rank VZW #1 for their consistent and stable network(not the fastest mind you), Sprint #2(overall excellent customer service with spotty network and signal), ATT#3(same as sprint but with spottier signal, faster network), I prefer CDMA signal over the GSM). Overall I like the consistency and the stability of VZW network(can’t say the same for their customer service, they give you juuuuust barely enough customer service to “say” that vzw has excellent customer service) as there is nothing more frustrating to me and other person on the line than to not have access to signal when you need it, or when the voices comes and goes and breaks up like ATT’s, especially when you are doing business.

Anyway, my mother in laws phone dies after 2 months of signing w VZW. It won’t charge. I had tried charging with it for 2 days just to make sure its dead. I go into the store and tell them, and they look at me like “oh no, we’re vzw, this never happens here” look on their faces. They then ask me how many times have you dropped this? Did water get in here? No and no, almost like accusing me of doing that because a phone never fails on its own. Not a scratch on the phone, it is in immaculate condition. It’s a focking $29 giveaway 1989 phone, im not trying to pull a wool over for stinking $29 phone. First they offer to give me replacement battery and battery only. Then they offer to replace the charging cord. Then they said hey don’t have any battery or charger in stock. They then offer to ship me a refurb. I said fine presuming that they’ll ship out next day. Ok, It’ll take 5 business days the clerk tells me. Im like WHAT??? She went wo phone for 2 days just to make sure the phones dead and now she’s gotta wait another 5 business days to get a stinking $29 phone? I ask them the reconsider and ship out at least 2 days. They said I have to pay if I want to do that. I raise my voice and drop a couple F bombs, not at anyone but in general. He then tells me, not asks me to stop swearing otherwise…I cut him off and say otherwise focking what? Then he says he’s gonna call the police! Then he tells me to leave the store....MOTHERRRR!@#$%^…… at this point I was fully and thoroughly ready to kick this person's @ss and deal with the consequences later. I ask him to politely step da f outside and he refuses. He calls me a tough guy. I said yes I am, step outside, i'd love to show ya. He stays behind the counter. I called him a "rainbow buttt cat" and ended up leaving.

Guys, what could I have done better here other then keeping my emotions in check? Any critique or advice would be greatly appreciated for future reference in dealing with "cell phony people". Thank you.
    11-03-11 02:17 PM
    Sounds like they did try to help you. You got rude and started cursing them out. I'd say you're 100% to blame here.

All devices have a year warranty. Just call VZW customer service and tell them the phone died. They have to ask those question..was it dropped, in water, etc. That's standard. They weren't accusing you. They ask that about every exchange they do. You over reacted and misinterpreted.

Next time, just call, say the phone isn't working. Run through the check list of things they have you try. They will ship you out a phone overnight. If they say it will take two days, politely tell them it is an emergency phone for your mother and that you need it asap.

Act like a grown up, and a decent human being and you'll be treated as one. Act like a child or insane person and you'll be treated as such.

I never had any issues with VZW customer service, or ANY customer service in fact.

If you did that in a store I, as an employee OR customer, would have called the police on you.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 11-03-11 at 02:27 PM.
    Heavy Fluid likes this.
    11-03-11 02:22 PM
    Eh, what did you expect to happen due to your reaction? Even if their solution sucked, the way you reacted won't do anything but cause problems and end up screwing you over even more. To any outsider you were 1 step away from violence....

If I were you i'd never go back to that store again because now they are going to be wary of you and rightfully so.
    11-03-11 02:24 PM
    Eh, what did you expect to happen due to your reaction? Even if their solution sucked, the way you reacted won't do anything but cause problems and end up screwing you over even more. To any outsider you were 1 step away from violence....

If I were you i'd never go back to that store again because now they are going to be wary of you and rightfully so.

Y well I didn't particular care for how they were coming at me either. Im the one footing the $240 bill every month, not them. They acted like I was demanding a brand new Iphone6.

I will go back to the store because I didn't do anything wrong. They can call the cops. Actually, I may just do that because I'd love to see them refusing to serve me. I am not jewish but thank god for Jewish lawyers.
    11-03-11 02:35 PM

Ehhhh, I dunno but anything but that. I expected for them to replace/fix my phone and not make me wait 5 business days. Is that too much to ask?
    11-03-11 02:36 PM
    Guys, what could I have done better here other then keeping my emotions in check? Any critique or advice would be greatly appreciated for future reference in dealing with "cell phony people". Thank you.

Here's your answer.
    11-03-11 02:37 PM
    Closing this. Nothing good will come of it.
    remmy00 likes this.
    11-03-11 02:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD