09-02-09 04:06 PM
34 12
tools
    ...its JUST A PHONE
    The BlackBerry gods will come down upon you!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-09 06:44 AM
    I somewhat disagree with you(for once lol) in my district the phone has to be answered within 3 rings even if it means excusing yourself from an instore customer. If its not, we hear about it and our DM isn't a happy camper when that happens(rarely does.).

I used to abide by this rule until one day a customer just went off on me, saying he doesnt think the person on the phone is as important as he is. I apologized profusely, but he wasnt hearing it.

As for the OP, it is unfortunate, because, he has a legit concern, the only thing is what he was asking for, could be sometrhing that gets someone in trouble at sometime.

The thing Ihave told people for years(all the way to since i was a lowly product consultant at best buy).

Everything we do here on behalf of the company gets looked at, a credit, or an overlook is done for the customer as soon as its completed, however, for the rep....they have someone to answer to. If you go outsde of policy, you better have a full-clad foolproof reason on why it was done, or we are going to have to scrutinize every little credit you do.

Perosnally, in this situation, it makes sense, but at the same time, you have to respect that the sup, and manager have people to answer to also, and maybe they dont want to take the chance that they may get pulled into an unpleasant conversation.
    08-30-09 08:45 AM
    I used to abide by this rule until one day a customer just went off on me, saying he doesnt think the person on the phone is as important as he is. I apologized profusely, but he wasnt hearing it.

As for the OP, it is unfortunate, because, he has a legit concern, the only thing is what he was asking for, could be sometrhing that gets someone in trouble at sometime.

The thing Ihave told people for years(all the way to since i was a lowly product consultant at best buy).

Everything we do here on behalf of the company gets looked at, a credit, or an overlook is done for the customer as soon as its completed, however, for the rep....they have someone to answer to. If you go outsde of policy, you better have a full-clad foolproof reason on why it was done, or we are going to have to scrutinize every little credit you do.

Perosnally, in this situation, it makes sense, but at the same time, you have to respect that the sup, and manager have people to answer to also, and maybe they dont want to take the chance that they may get pulled into an unpleasant conversation.
    You're absolutely right about accountability here.

It was just surprising and annoying that everyone involved said it could be done, but didn't. I never yelled or shouted, just continually reiterated the solution calmly and asked all parties to work towards it. It's too bad that no one stepped up to solve the problem, just the store saying TS should do it and vice versa. I have a note on my account for the store to exchange the phone now from my email to corporate, but have to figure out when to drive the 45 minutes across the island to do it.
    Last edited by VDPHB; 08-30-09 at 02:03 PM.
    08-30-09 02:00 PM
    You're absolutely right about accountability here.

It was just surprising and annoying that everyone involved said it could be done, but didn't. I never yelled or shouted, just continually reiterated the solution calmly and asked all parties to work towards it. It's too bad that no one stepped up to solve the problem, just the store saying TS should do it and vice versa. I have a note on my account for the store to exchange the phone now from my email to corporate, but have to figure out when to drive the 45 minutes across the island to do it.
    Im glad you got it resolved, I definitely understand what you are going through is frustrating.

Hope it all gets resolved though man, it seems like the only time people dont get help is when they actually need it. lol
    08-31-09 05:22 PM
    Thanks MoFo.

Well, I thought it was resolved...

So I received the replacement green dot Tour via FedEx this morning in Maui (They managed to ship it out on Saturday).

I go to the website to activate it, no dice. Call the 800 number for automated activation, no dice. Get a customer service rep on the line, she asks if this is one they mailed or did I get a replacement from the store (she saw the plethora of notes) and I explained that this is a shipped replacement phone. She tries to activate it, no dice. She transfers me to technical support and they inform me that this phone's ESN is not in the system and they can add it in, but it'll take up to 10 days to go into the system.

Suggestion #1 - She'll send out a new one to me and it should get here tomorrow, if not Wednesday (I leave Wednesday night).

Suggestion #2 - Go to the store and swap out for a new one since they don't have any replacements, which a floor manager and she has clearly written they are now authorized to do.

#2 it is.

And the saga continues....
    08-31-09 06:32 PM
    Not in the system?!?!

They should add it manually in the switch and just let it be that if they cannot activate it in billing. Worry about adding it properly later. Never had this problem..
    08-31-09 11:12 PM
    Not in the system?!?!

They should add it manually in the switch and just let it be that if they cannot activate it in billing. Worry about adding it properly later. Never had this problem..
    Yeah, I don't know how phones are registered on the back end, but they said because the ESN isn't in the system at all, it has to go through RIM, which is why it takes awhile.

Either way, I went to the store, waited 50 minutes, got helped by the assistant manager who called CS for 20 minutes, and then came back and swapped out my phone. I'm FedExing the replacement phone back tomorrow when I leave the island.

Glad it worked out in the end, but comical how long it took. I did get calls from CS apologizing for the whole incident and they do take feedback to heart. It's heartening that Verizon is listening!

Oh well...end of story. Thanks for reading everyone!
    Last edited by VDPHB; 09-01-09 at 11:55 PM.
    09-01-09 05:50 PM
    Get a refurb. It is worth it. I've had problems with all of my new devices so I said send me a refurb (later I had them send me a new because I was upset because I was mislead into getting the refurb) so I got to choose. I picked the refurb and its perfect.
    And customers always wonder why we dont believe them...
    09-02-09 09:17 AM
    And customers always wonder why we dont believe them...
    Never believe them. They know not what they are doing.

09-02-09 04:06 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD