10-03-09 04:35 PM
158 ... 34567
tools
    I would have left. I shop at Alberstons because if there is more than three people in line they open a new register to speed it up. I do not shop at Wal-Mart (mostly) because if I go in there they will have 1 register open with 10-15 people in line buying the whole store.

Well the point I was making earlier was, there are times when every register is open and there ain't much more they can do.
    05-04-09 06:16 AM
    Washington Post

Top 10 Consumer Gripes of '06 - The Checkout

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-09 11:04 AM
    Well the point I was making earlier was, there are times when every register is open and there ain't much more they can do.

and I think the point the other people in this thread were making was that VzW corp stores a lot of the times have open registers but no employees to staff them.
    05-04-09 01:07 PM
    Washington Post

Top 10 Consumer Gripes of '06 - The Checkout

What else can you find?

Keep 'em comin' !
    05-04-09 01:27 PM
    I have been with verizon since i got my 1st cell phone i think there customer service is great. not to mention the least amount of droped calls.
    05-04-09 01:29 PM
    What else can you find?

Keep 'em comin' !
    No Scott. I think it is time for you to discover some things on your own now. You're a big boy who works for Verizon after all. I am not really picky and am usually very easy to get along with but I can tell by what you have written that if all Verizon employees were like you, I'd be back with AT&T yesterday. The arrogant condescension in your ignorance is far too apparent. At the very least I would never sign your paycheck.

05-04-09 02:42 PM
    No Scott. I think it is time for you to discover some things on your own now.
    There's nothing for me to discover. I live it every day of my life.

I live in a fairly big city. There are shopping and dinning areas I know to stay away from at certain times and certain days of the week. I don't feel sorry for people who also know these areas are busy but elect to patronize them during those times and have to wait.

There are certain roads and streets I don't use at certain times of the day. I don't feel sorry for people who also know they will be busy but still elect to use them.

Life offers us choices in everything we do. I feel if you don't take advantage of them, you don't have any room to complain.
    05-04-09 09:10 PM
    I think we need to stand and hold hands just all get along LOL

05-05-09 10:57 PM
    Life offers us choices in everything we do. I feel if you don't take advantage of them, you don't have any room to complain.
    Wow you sure took the original discussion and your own points way off base.

Original question was what is good customer service. One issue was wait times and poor perceptions of service in stores. In a nutshell one of your responses was that customers (whose very patronage feeds you) shouldn't complain about wait times because they can do it online. Those rotten customers. How dare they complain when their benevolent service provider is so generous as to offer an online and telephone presence? They shouldn't be bothering all of our overworked, often disinterested and sometimes inept store employees?

Disinterested and condescending arrogance is not part of a good customer service mentality and from your words in this thread, it shows you do not recognize your own very serious shortcomings in this area.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/new...morrow-221992/

Rereading point 10 of that shows at least someone with intelligence agrees and that maybe Verizon stores really don't always get it.
    I think we need to stand and hold hands just all get along LOL

No holding hands until after flu season!

05-06-09 01:12 PM
    Well I have been reading crackberry forums trying to figure out which one I want or if I should just wait. I stumbled across this thread and read every single post.

I work in customer service as a CSR so I just want to get clarification here:

I should be more concerned with being friendly and respectful. More 1on1 with the customer as previously mentioned. I should treat them more valued as if they are the boss. I should also make sure that I handle their call in a timely fashion as making them wait or putting them on hold would be bad. Should probably skip any unnecessary details as customers want their issue handled in a timely manner let me not tell him about that trick I learned to fix blackberry storm lag.

It seems the majority do not mention providing accurate information. So its ok for me to skim through the call as long as you feel delighted that you spoke to me. "Whats that? Your blackberry recieves e-mails 20minutes late? Oh don't you worry sir the blackberry only checks its e-mails every 20minutes. Yup thank you for calling you have a great day! *SMILE THROUGH PHONE*"

The majority also do not mention taking responsibility for the issue. CSRs are the front line and should do the best they can to assist you within reason. Thats doesn't seem too important so let me just pass along the responsibility to someone else "Im sorry you are having problems with your blackberry I know how frustrating slow e-mail can be (empathy) I will have our (insert tech job title like: internet tech hub supervisor) call you back with an explanation within 48 hours. Whats that? This is the 3rd time you are calling? Im sorry sir but he is the only one that can help you with this issue I will definately make sure he gets your message. Thank you for calling sir you have a great day! *SMILE THROUGH PHONE*"

Truth is I could probably handle your calls like that. As long as I make you feel special and throw in some fake laughter at your terrible jokes I am more likely to get a positive survey. Why should I check behind that internet tech hub supervisor to make sure he actually contacted you? The calls already over I got my compliment...my little star on the chalkboard. It's not like you can ask him to transfer you to my survey when he calls you.

Those of you that care about the accuracy and responsibility of the CSR your speaking to will rarely cause me trouble. In the highly unlikely event you call in and complain to a supervisor about the inaccurate information he will likely correct me. If you complain about not recieving the call back that tech hub supervisor will take the full blame for it...which won't even be a slap on the wrist.

These comments are meant as examples they do not actually represent how I handle a customer. I do my best to provide the most accurate information possible. I avoid passing along responsibility as much as possible.

If that that tech hub supervisor failed to call you multiple times id be calling his cell phone every day until he calls you back...i better see him accessing your account too or he won't get rid of me unless you confirm you recieved the call. I'm not good at fake laughter. Although I may try my voice is going to be at best soft (not a super cheery female thats acting like ur personal cheerleader). Your call duration will likely be longer if its something im not completely familier with. Its highly unlikely im going to give you credits unless I feel you deserve them.....good way to get rid of you but not my thing.

My survey scores will be less than the call center average. My call handle time will be larger than the call center average. My available time will be less than the call center average (all that information collection takes time you know).

Im a bad customer service rep. Thank you for calling you have a great day! *SMILE THROUGH PHONE*"

(click)
    05-08-09 11:56 AM
    Wall Street Journal Mobile Reader The BEST!!!!!!!!
    09-30-09 07:59 PM
    My survey scores will be less than the call center average. My call handle time will be larger than the call center average. My available time will be less than the call center average (all that information collection takes time you know).

Im a bad customer service rep. Thank you for calling you have a great day! *SMILE THROUGH PHONE*"

(click)
    THANK YOU! haha that is how it goes down most of the time. The reps that actually give a damn get the bad stats and bad scores. Yet we know best how to do our job?
    10-01-09 09:26 AM
    THANK YOU! haha that is how it goes down most of the time. The reps that actually give a damn get the bad stats and bad scores. Yet we know best how to do our job?
    Yeah not really...
    I spend an average of 450 seconds with customers.
    10-01-09 09:45 AM
    Honestly?
    I dont have issues with bad scores or stats. I am honest if I dont know information on top of my head and look it up. I look it up even if I DO know it off the top of my head just to make sure the information hasnt changed.
    I will take an HOUR to walk you through syncing your blackberry even if I am annoyed in my mind you wont hear it. You will thank me for my patience as you know that you are a dumb dumb when it comes to a smart phone. That is what I am here for. If everyone knew how to work their phones; I wouldnt have a job. If a phone manufacturer didnt have glitches, I wouldnt have a job. I'm more than happy to troubleshoot any issue. If you have a billing question; I will help with it best I can. Honestly theres no reason that a customer should have a bad experiance calling a CSR enless they MAKE it a bad experiance.
    10-01-09 09:53 AM
    they MAKE it a bad experiance.
    Totally agree. Its the people that are in a hurry like look just tell me how...
    And I'm thinkin I'll tell you but you still won't understand...
    10-01-09 09:56 AM
    I'm not saying that I have bad scores/stats. I'm just saying that it's unfortunate that for the ones who actually care get the flack from supervisors when they spent 30-45 min on a call. When all you're doing is just taking care of the customer. Also unfortunate that you cannot help someone because their computer is a POS and you have to tell them that after they've been through 5 different people. Then they give you a bad score because it took them that long to get a concrete answer.
    10-01-09 10:00 AM
    Yeah not really...
    I spend an average of 450 seconds with customers.
    I wish most of my calls were Blackberry's - they are the easiest to fix. What dept do you work in? Internal tier 2?
    10-01-09 10:02 AM
    I wish most of my calls were Blackberry's - they are the easiest to fix. What dept do you work in? Internal tier 2?
    It's possible...
    10-01-09 10:07 AM
    I'm not saying that I have bad scores/stats. I'm just saying that it's unfortunate that for the ones who actually care get the flack from supervisors when they spent 30-45 min on a call. When all you're doing is just taking care of the customer. Also unfortunate that you cannot help someone because their computer is a POS and you have to tell them that after they've been through 5 different people. Then they give you a bad score because it took them that long to get a concrete answer.
    Totally agree that the customer should be more important than any time limit. Think about like aircard issues where you troubleshoot for 20 mins then uninstall reinstall troubleshoot for another 20 mins before its fixed. You know that cust is happy as sh*t cuz now their issue is fixed but your stats are hashed for the day.
    10-01-09 10:09 AM
    Our group - Converted Tech/Tier2, will get anything from Blackberry, WiMo, dumb phones, and Data Cards. Mostly data stuff though and they seem to be the best. This conversion has brought on a lot of problems that don't have those cute little troubleshooting guides for haha.. we are doing it the old school way. The Alltel way haha..
    10-01-09 10:09 AM
    In some cases, you are 100% correct. It is because they budget for everything, including how much you are costing them.

They only care about customer service when it doesn't adversely affect the bottom line.

But also, it is a way to weed out those who don't do their share or who know what they are doing, but who are slow.

10-01-09 10:55 AM
    Our group - Converted Tech/Tier2, will get anything from Blackberry, WiMo, dumb phones, and Data Cards. Mostly data stuff though and they seem to be the best. This conversion has brought on a lot of problems that don't have those cute little troubleshooting guides for haha.. we are doing it the old school way. The Alltel way haha..
    haha!
    I hear you...
    You're taking the same calls we are. Everything and Anything.
    I spend most of my mornings taking mostly dumbphones and billing calls.
    Rest of my day with a hash of it all.
    THey put everyone back in the vzw queue though so until oct 18th I dont have to worry about alltel calls.
    BTW got oct 18th-23rd off! haha!
    10-01-09 02:02 PM
    I have always had decent, and basically good service from the tech/help side of VZW. It has only been on the sales side that there seems to be a disconnect. Tell you one thing, then get amnesia once you are out the door. No doubt VZW has the best network, just not sure the marketing/sales side really cares whether you are happy once you are signed up. Been with them over a decade now, so have some experience in this regard. And no, being a **** to the rep trying to help you doesn't move you up the line for better assistance.
    10-01-09 03:03 PM
    Telling them that you have been with vzw for a decade doesnt help either.
    10-01-09 03:06 PM
    I know it doesn't help, just noting that I have experienced the same things over time. Good tech help, great network, just wish it was easier to upgrade equipment.
    10-01-09 03:08 PM
158 ... 34567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD