I have a curve, and i got the 29.99 plan. OK? So i heard the biggest difference between this and the 44.99 plan is the use of tethering and wireless sync. I have no idea what either of those are, can someone help me know if 29.99 is ok for me? please and thank you in advance!
    06-13-09 12:14 PM
    Cant hook up to a BES with the 29.99. Tethering is an additional on either plan. Its either 15 with the 44.99 or 30 with the 29.99.
    06-13-09 12:16 PM
    What's a BES? And i'm getting my emails sent to my phone, does that mean im using the sync thing? Sorry, i don't get this whole thing yet.
    06-13-09 12:20 PM
    Both plan will enable to get email as well. 30 plan is for BIS or personal email. 45 plan is more for BES or large corporate environment.

Also you get the unlim data for the internal browser ands any other applications that use internal data like blackberry messanger.

The only way to sync other data like calendar or contacts is to use calbe woth the desktop manager or use yahoo or google sync.
    06-13-09 12:22 PM
    So, if I'm using messenger, doing minimal internet surfing and getting emails I should be ok and not get any extra charges?
    06-13-09 12:25 PM
    Yep - this is correct. and you can browse all you like no need to worry. If you pay for the tethering feature (30) per month then you have 5GB soft cap w/ .05 per MB over while tethering.
    06-13-09 12:27 PM
    I don't even know what tethering is lol. But thank you for your help, sorry for the dumb questions I'm sure you answer every day!
    06-13-09 12:29 PM
    NO problem. tethering is the ability to use your device as modem and attach for use of data with a laptop
    06-13-09 12:30 PM
    The 29.99 plan gets you a 52,000 dollar cell phone bill if the verizon reps do not carry the plan over when you do an ESN swap or in other words if you have to change phones. I just went through the all the plan details with Verizon executives so I am pretty well versed on what the plans cover and what they do not. LastRaid is correct when you states that if you have tethering on your plan that actually falls under the broadband connect plan and you are under the 5gb limit rule. If you just have the 29.99 or 45.99 plan you are under the blackberry data plan and that is unlimited. It does not have the 5gb rule some will try to argue this but this is how it was explained to my during a conversation with the vice president of internal affairs at Verizon. This is why my bill was credited back I used more than 5 gigs of data but because I was supposed to be under the 29.99 unlimited plan it was credited back. So your going to be just fine with the 29.99 plan just make sure you if you do an esn swap they carry the correct data plan over!
    06-13-09 12:41 PM
    Sorry about the typing errors I sent it from my storm. I hope it makes sense
    06-13-09 12:43 PM
    06-13-09 02:00 PM
    I find that Verizon's practice of the BB data pack not including unlimited text to be a huge rip off. Also the navigation is $9.99 extra on top of that.

We have 4 phones, 2 of BB's and pay $60 extra to have them, yet pay $30 more for unlimited text. No way they'll change it, though with Sprint all that stuff comes with the $30 plan.
    06-13-09 02:24 PM
    Sprint and Verizon, not comparable. We've been over this 100x.
    06-13-09 02:30 PM
    The 29.99 plan gets you a 52,000 dollar cell phone bill if the verizon reps do not carry the plan over when you do an ESN swap or in other words if you have to change phones. I just went through the all the plan details with Verizon executives so I am pretty well versed on what the plans cover and what they do not. LastRaid is correct when you states that if you have tethering on your plan that actually falls under the broadband connect plan and you are under the 5gb limit rule. If you just have the 29.99 or 45.99 plan you are under the blackberry data plan and that is unlimited. It does not have the 5gb rule some will try to argue this but this is how it was explained to my during a conversation with the vice president of internal affairs at Verizon. This is why my bill was credited back I used more than 5 gigs of data but because I was supposed to be under the 29.99 unlimited plan it was credited back. So your going to be just fine with the 29.99 plan just make sure you if you do an esn swap they carry the correct data plan over!

no offense but telling people this may confuse them more then anything..

just stick with you need a data plan you get unlimited data on your berry with 29.99

44.99 gives you the same thing as the 29.99 accept your able to connect it to a corporate BES server

tethering is more money on either plan and allows you to use a modem..

you shouldn't answer a question that someone has by using a a rep/ carrier error to answer it
    06-13-09 02:45 PM
    I find that Verizon's practice of the BB data pack not including unlimited text to be a huge rip off. Also the navigation is $9.99 extra on top of that.

We have 4 phones, 2 of BB's and pay $60 extra to have them, yet pay $30 more for unlimited text. No way they'll change it, though with Sprint all that stuff comes with the $30 plan.
    I'm sorry but... blah blah blah blah.

nothing is free... Vzw vs Sprint... no contest
    You pay for quality
    06-13-09 03:59 PM
    Do a search for worst cell carrier & look at what you find - overwhelmingly, the worst is Sprint. Many sites & blogs show Sprint as the unanimous worst selection.

And, LR - you don't need a cable. I drop mine in my BlackBerry PowerStation cradle & do it via bluetooth. Or I just set it on my desk & do it via bluetooth.

You only need to modify a Windows bluetooth inf file for DM to recognize it. It isn't the simplest thing, but all you need is notepad, some information on your bluetooth device information and some intelligence. I won't recap it here, as the information on how to do it is readily avalpilable online.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-09 05:21 PM
    ive been with all the companys at one point and time . i can say that verizon offers great service. well worth the money
    06-13-09 06:16 PM
    And, LR - you don't need a cable. I drop mine in my BlackBerry PowerStation cradle & do it via bluetooth. Or I just set it on my desk & do it via bluetooth.

You only need to modify a Windows bluetooth inf file for DM to recognize it. It isn't the simplest thing, but all you need is notepad, some information on your bluetooth device information and some intelligence. I won't recap it here, as the information on how to do it is readily avalpilable online.

Usually when I say something it is one the I do it, and they way I do it is usually the way we support it work. For this is the way I have to know how to do it for my job. I do not think I said there was not other way.

But then again in the power station you will not see the battery draining fast, but you might notice the slower speed of the xfer of data.
    06-13-09 07:06 PM
    It is a little slower, but the convenience of syncing without thinking about it is worth it.

By the way - if you don't have any bluetooth drivers installed & use a USB Microsoft BT like the ones that come with their input devices, there is minimal setup - DM won't support media card file transfer either way, but it works easily & cleanly.

06-14-09 05:02 AM
    Tell me where there is 5gig limit anywhere in there and then look at the date. Then after you look at the date go and update your thread mobile broadband connect has the 5gig limit

Data Plans and Features: Permitted Uses. You can use our Data Plans and Features for accessing the Internet and for such uses as: (i) Internet browsing; (ii) e-mail; (iii) intranet access (including accessing corporate intranets, e-mail and individual productivity applications made available by your company); (iv) uploading, downloading and streaming of audio, video and games; and (v) Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP).

Data Plans and Features: Prohibited Uses. You may not use our Data Plans and Features for illegal purposes or purposes that infringe upon others intellectual property rights, or in a manner that interferes with other users service, interferes with the networks ability to fairly allocate capacity among users, or that otherwise degrades service quality for other users. Examples of prohibited usage include: (i) server devices or host computer applications, including continuous Web camera posts or broadcasts, automatic data feeds, automated machine-to-machine connections, or peer-to-peer (P2P) file-sharing applications that are broadcast to multiple servers or recipients such that they could enable bots or similar routines (as set forth in more detail in (iii) below) or otherwise denigrate network capacity or functionality; (ii) as a substitute or backup for private lines or dedicated data connections; (iii) auto-responders, cancel-bots, or similar automated or manual routines that generate amounts of net traffic that could disrupt net user groups or e-mail use by others; (iv) generating spam or unsolicited commercial or bulk e-mail (or activities that facilitate the dissemination of such e-mail); (v) any activity that adversely affects the ability of other users or systems to use either Verizon Wireless services or the Internet-based resources of others, including the generation or dissemination of viruses, malware, or denial of service attacks; (vi) accessing, or attempting to access without authority, the information, accounts or devices of others, or to penetrate, or attempt to penetrate, Verizon Wireless or another entitys network or systems; or (vii) running software or other devices that maintain continuous active Internet connections when a computers connection would otherwise be idle, or keep alive functions, unless they adhere to Verizon Wireless requirements for such usage, which may be changed from time to time. By way of example only, you may not use a Data Plan or Feature for web broadcasting, or for the operation of servers, telemetry devices and/or Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition devices.

You may assess and monitor your own data usage during a particular billing period, including during the Return Period under your Worry Free Guarantee, by accessing My Account online, or by contacting Customer Service.

Approximate Data Usage Examples: Basic information and examples showing the approximate data usage for several common Internet activities appear below.

The speed of the Verizon Wireless data network is measured in Kilobits (kb) per second. However, the amount of data transmitted over the Verizon Wireless data network is measured in Kilobytes (KB), Megabytes (MB) or Gigabytes (GB).

Bit

A unit of information that represent a single character.

Byte

A unit of information composed of 8 bits.

Kilobyte

1024 bytes (measuring the number of kilobytes tells you the size of a file and/or the amount of data you have used).

Megabyte

1024 Kilobytes (measuring the number of megabytes tells you the size of a file and/or the amount of data you have used).

Gigabyte

1024 Megabytes (measuring the number of gigabytes tells you the amount of data you have used)

Examples

Application

Approximate Size

E-mail (1 text page without attachments)

3 KB

Word Document (5 text pages)

70 KB

Typical Web Page lookup1

300 KB

Low Resolution Digital Photo

500 KB

PowerPoint Presentation (20 pages text & light graphics)

3 MB

Note: The above examples are just estimates, based on approximate size assumptions. Actual file sizes and user experiences will vary.
    1Graphically intense pages or pages with video can exceed 3MB.

The Data Plans or Features are for individual use only and you may not offer them for resale.

We further reserve the right to take measures to protect our network and other users from harm, compromised capacity or degradation in performance. These measures may impact your service, and we reserve the right to deny, modify or terminate service, with or without notice, to anyone we believe is using Data Plans or Features in a manner that adversely impacts our network.

We may monitor your compliance, or the compliance of other subscribers, with these terms and conditions, but we will not monitor the content of your communications except as otherwise expressly permitted or required by law. See http://forums.crackberry.com/e?link=...token=HDlyAlPQ.

Connecticut Customers: If you have any questions about your bill or concerns about your service, please call Customer Care at: (800) 922-0204 or dial *611 from your wireless phone. If you are a Connecticut customer and we cannot resolve your issue, you have the option of contacting the Department of Public Utility Control (DPUC): Online: www.state.ct.us/dpuc Phone: (866) 381-2355; Mail: Connecticut DPUC, 10 Franklin Square, New Britain, CT 06051.

Last Update 5/17/09
    06-15-09 09:24 PM
    I go through verizon and unlimited text is covered under my 29.99 plan.

06-15-09 09:55 PM
    I go through verizon and unlimited text is covered under my 29.99 plan.

um, not really. SMS may be comvered you price, but not your data plan. Text do not use data.
    06-15-09 10:02 PM
    I'm sorry but... blah blah blah blah.

nothing is free... Vzw vs Sprint... no contest
    You pay for quality
    I would have to say you pay for quantity not quality, vzw just happens to suck less than sprint.
    06-15-09 11:24 PM
    Sprint will also let you use a Blackberry without a data plan. Bla bla bla.
    06-16-09 02:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD