Hey guys. When the message is confirmed as delivered is that confirming the fact that it got to their device, or the fact that they read it? (This is for SMS not BBM).

I've had a 10 month hiatus between my Verizon dumbphone and coming back with my Verizon berry. I know Verizon is the only carrier with this feature. I'm hoping it means they read it, because my friend is an *** who says he never gets my messages.
    04-11-09 05:08 PM
    It is confirming that the message made it to their device. I know that you can set up emails to confirm that they are recieved but I am not sure you can do this with SMS texts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Kangaruex; 04-11-09 at 05:14 PM.
    04-11-09 05:11 PM
    I'm pretty sure it just means it was delivered.
    04-11-09 05:12 PM
    On Verizon BB's, doesn't it say if it's delivered or read with an R or a D?
    04-11-09 05:14 PM
    On Verizon BB's, doesn't it say if it's delivered or read with an R or a D?
    It has the D, but not the R.

I wish it had read so that I could really punk my friend, but at least I know that he has no excuse to say it didn't make it to his device.
    04-11-09 05:15 PM
    D= delivered
    A= Accepted or read

This is for BBM.

Email and SMS it is D with black check mark means sent and delivered. Usually this works VZW to VZW only
    Last edited by lastraid; 04-11-09 at 06:01 PM.
    04-11-09 05:27 PM
    There would be no way for us to check and see if the message was opened as that is a pure offline thing.
    04-11-09 05:59 PM
    Hope your question was answered. [Most] People on CrackBerry are so friendly.
    04-12-09 05:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD