I am in NC and getting ready to go back to VZW with the Blackberry Curve. What does this news article mean for NC VZW users. Does this mean that we will be moved to another carrier. Which one would pick us up. Also would this effect all of the North Carolina VZW users.

Verizon Will Divest 15 More Markets to Acquire Alltel (Phone Scoop)
    10-12-08 03:37 PM
    I don't think it'll mean much of anything simply because in these areas, once VZW snags up Alltel, the coverage will be back where it is now. Currently in these areas VZW already roams on Alltel towers and when something goes down for Verizon, Alltel's network picks right back up.

My viewpoint is that "on paper" it'll look like Verizon released this market area to Alltel, but it'll just come right back once Alltel changes its signs to Verizon. I don't think you'll see a drop in coverage because that would mean Verizon would loose customers while the merger takes place and then have a hard time getting them back, which I don't think they are willing to do.

The other option would be for them to sell off some of their towers to another CDMA carrier to make it seem like they have less coverage, but who are they going to sell them to? Sprint doesn't have the money to buy them. Only other option would be to setup a small sub company of Verizon to sell the areas off to, which is usually the traditional way to divest.
    Last edited by JRSCCivic98; 10-12-08 at 03:51 PM.
    10-12-08 03:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD