i currently have a razr(awful, i know!) but the more & more im on here and on the verizon site i want a blackberry. bad! i'm interested in the pearl and the curve, but im not sure which one! also, i dont want to get one and then have a better one come out and be screwed. with the new every 2 the pearl would be free and the curve would be 50 bucks for a 2 yr contract. help me! i'm new to blackberry but have been reading a lot thanks to this website. so any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated! changing phones is kinda a big deal for me! lol. thanks!
    06-27-08 11:46 PM
    Get a curve, on vzw they come with a lot more internal memory, also, get a copy of Motorola phone tools, it'll back up your contacts to outlook.
    Enjoy..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-08 12:06 AM
    This is really a matter of personal preference. Be sure you really do your research before making a decision.

Some people prefer the full qwerty keyboard on the curve, some prefer suretype on the pearl. The curve is a larger phone, and therefore has a bigger screen with better graphics. If you prefer a smaller phone, it is not for you. The pearl has 64MB of memoury, the curve boasts 96MB. Keep in mind you will constantly battle the memoury leak issue with the pearl due to this.

Search these forums for info on curve vs pearl, you'll get all the knowledge you need.

06-28-08 12:12 AM
    thanks so much!
    06-28-08 12:20 AM
    I have a pearl. While I love it if I had to do it over again now I'd get the curve. But no telling what BB I'd hat in the next two years.

06-28-08 12:28 AM
    Curve all the way. Suretype or whatever aside, the QWERTY entry and the proper aspect screen are what make the BlackBerry. It's snappier as well.
    06-28-08 12:38 AM
    I agree with Jenay - it's really a personal preference. You should try both of them out in the store and see which form factor and keypad you prefer. Either way you'll be happy!
    06-28-08 12:43 AM
    Either way, your gonna become addicted. Welcome to CB!
    06-28-08 12:47 AM
    Either way, your gonna become addicted. Welcome to CB!
    That pretty much sums it up. And like the others said, do your research. I'm up to upgrade myself and was going to get the curve, but I'm a just wait and see what 09 brings first.
    Last edited by theprep; 06-28-08 at 01:28 AM.
    06-28-08 01:25 AM
    Then again, there's the upcoming thunder. That's supposedly due out third quarter 08 and is the touchscreen BB.

You mentioned not wanting to get something only to have a better one come out eight after. The pearl being free and the curve 50 is a good indicator thru are on their way out with your carrier.

Just a thought. If you have been doing research on this site then you must realize the thunder, the bold, the javelin are all due out fairly soon.

06-28-08 01:34 AM
    yeah, ive been doing massive research and see they are coming out. i'm so impatient and 2009 is sooo far away! but yeah im totally one of those people that if something new comes out after i get something im pissed, so i guess i'll just wait it out and do more research.
    06-28-08 01:42 AM
    plus, isn't the bold just available through at&t? im sure it'll take forever for verizon to get it..
    06-28-08 01:44 AM
    For me I like my Pearl.
    06-28-08 05:05 AM
    Well you could wait it out and see what Verizon releases this year. That means you would have to sit on your razr. I already have a bb so I don't mind waiting.

You could get the Curve or the Pearl now and that will hold you over til the new stuff comes out. Then you can ebay it later and get the new toys. Would be good to get something now though. Then you can join the addiction and after you have spent time playing with the Curve or the Pearl now, you'll really appreciate the new bbs when they come in.

I wouldn't count on V getting the Bold anytime soon. From rumors, only thing V will be getting as far as the new bbs, is the Thunder.

06-28-08 05:21 AM
    thanks! very helpful! although, i hate that verizon doesn't have sim cards. sucks
    06-28-08 01:37 PM
    thanks! very helpful! although, i hate that verizon doesn't have sim cards. sucks
    Why? I don't even see the benefit to having a SIM card. What, so someone else can possibly jack my phone and simply stick their SIM card in my device and have it up and running just like that? Thanks, but I'll stick with my personal ESN.
    06-28-08 01:40 PM
    hmm. good point! lol
    06-28-08 02:03 PM
    hmm. good point! lol
    Eh. It's just my personal opinion.... I could be wrong, I could be right.. Just works for me.
    06-28-08 02:08 PM
    Curve it Twinkle!! Had my 8330 Curve for a month now and love it.

06-28-08 02:59 PM
    You don't have to go with a 2 year contract, there are also 1 year contracts available. But you'll pay more for the equiptment.
    You stated that you're restricted on you phone budget, but in the same breath always want the latest phone on the market. Well! You have a choice, live within your means or live above your means. You can't have you cake and eat it at the same time. Be content with what your budget will allow you to have.
    Just my $0.02 worth.

06-29-08 05:23 AM
    I had a Razr prior to my Curve. I had considered the Pearl at first, but after playing with both phones I realized that the full keyboard of the Curve was going to be better for me. I've had my Curve for two weeks now and cannot live without it.
    06-29-08 06:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD