I got an email from VZW offering an upgrade on either of my feature phone lines to a Palm pre or pixi for $49 or $29, respectively. I haven't even had my contract a year, and paid 3 days late once.
    Its nice to know that if the wife's env touch dies, that I can get a cool upgrade for an awesome price.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-10 03:50 AM
    I got an email from VZW offering an upgrade on either of my feature phone lines to a Palm pre or pixi for $49 or $29, respectively. I haven't even had my contract a year, and paid 3 days late once.
    Its nice to know that if the wife's env touch dies, that I can get a cool upgrade for an awesome price.

That is a great deal, along with free Mobile Hotspot! CREAM!
    04-15-10 03:59 AM
    Early upgrades to Palm if the line does not have a smartphone on it. No mail-in rebates on either phone, and free 3G hotspot (normally $40 per month) is free for the life of the phone. Pretty sweet deal.
    04-15-10 11:28 AM
    Does the offer expire? I received an early upgrade offer a while ago and it expired before I got to use it. That is an awesome deal but check to see if it needs to be redeemed by a certain date. I think the one I got was good for a month.
    04-15-10 12:38 PM
    It is a special promo that not everyone gets. Yes, it will expire.
    04-16-10 02:09 AM
    just curious, don't you have to change plans though from non smart phone to smart phone plan?...
    04-16-10 05:18 PM
    just curious, don't you have to change plans though from non smart phone to smart phone plan?...
    Yes, the device would require the data plan $29.99
    04-16-10 05:25 PM
    It's in Verizon's interest to get folks in to data plans so that's why they offer this "special"
    04-16-10 10:19 PM
    It's in Verizon's interest to get folks in to data plans so that's why they offer this "special"
    Of course! VZW is always interested in making more money! With the smartphone market growing like it is, I think it is very wise for them to make offers like this. I know a couple of people who have been toying around with th idea of a smartphone, and an offer like this would have them taking the hook.

I didn't see an expiration date in the email, but I imagine there is one. I wouldn't be interested in a Palm device anyway, not with a "For Sale" sign hanging on their front door. I'm just thinking if they are Really interested in getting my wife into a data plan, then hopefully they will come up with another nice deal on something when she is ready to upgrade.

04-17-10 04:53 AM
    They always wanna sell you something, even if it's what you don't need.
    04-17-10 12:52 PM
    ha, Verizon is throwing in everything but the kitchen sink to help keep Palm afloat. Dropping the pre plus from 199.99 to 49.99 in less than 3 months and throwing in free wifi tethering. The free tethering alone almost gave me a heart attack. I wouldn't actually be surprised in the HTC purchase rumors especially if they're considering making their own OS. WebOS is a top notch mobile OS with tons of potential and a N1 or Incredible type device running WebOS would be pretty awesome.
    04-17-10 05:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD