Hi all.

I realize I'm over the 30 day exchange policy, however my wife and I upgraded from the horrendous Blackberry Pearls to Storm 2's back in mid/late December.

As an IT admin for a small business and as I run the cust. support department as well I rely on my phone *A LOT* for business use (email, IM, web browsing, etc).

I have a fairly minimal amount of apps on my phone (google maps, IM clients for instance) and am using the latest storm 2 OS, but I've absolutely had it with the phone.

Within the first 30 days it was working OK, but as time went on, I began running into issues with freezing, reboots, dropped calls, random crashes, frozen keyboard, graphical anomolies when switching between apps, damn thing heats up enough to cook ramen soup sometimes...the list goes on.

My wife's phone acts a bit better with her keyboard at least being more responsive but she does get the annoying 'leave this data message on the phone so it gets to where it needs to go'messages quite often.

Both have been upgraded, downgraded, upgraded again...used with nothing but stock software...outcome is always the same. I don't know if we just happened upon a really bad batch of phones, but mine's already been replaced once and it still was the same outcome after all this time.

Truthfully I'm very unhappy with the Storm 2 and would like to go to the Android as was my first instinct.

What are the chances, having been a loyal Verizon customer for 10 years, that they would allow me to do so without gouging my wallet?
    06-11-10 11:29 AM
    Not a chance. I'd take your phone in and get a replacement though, as those appear to be manufacturing defects, if its rebooting and giving you other issues.

You won't be getting an android phone though unless you pay full price or are even remotely close to an upgrade, which as you said, you are only about 6 months into your contract.

You might be able to build a case for yourself if you keep going in to get your phone replaced, but you're going to have to go through 4-5 phones before they suggest moving you to another device. It's coincidental that with all these amazing android phones out that you want to switch to a new phone. (that's what VZW will think, I think it too...but my opinion isn't what matters.)

Your best chance though at getting a droid phone would be to get your storm2 replaced, activate an old dumbphone and see about selling your new replacement storm2 on ebay. You might be able to get ~$300 give or take and use that towards the purchase of a droid at full price.
    06-11-10 11:53 AM
    I agree with the above post. That's why I just added a line. For me it made sense and worth it for the Incredible.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-10 12:27 PM
    If you have an old phone you can add a line and activate the new phone on your line and put the old phone on the new line so you aren't paying for dataon your new line.

06-11-10 01:41 PM
    Slim to none and Slim just left town!
    06-11-10 02:25 PM
    If you are unhappy with your device, you can alsways get into a certified Preowned device (CPO). You can do this once every 12 months and are at a reduced price. The other option is to go through the troubleshooting and if required, vzw will replace your device under warr.
    06-11-10 02:28 PM
    Slim to none and Slim just left town!
    Hahahaha!!!

06-11-10 03:08 PM
    If you have an old phone you can add a line and activate the new phone on your line and put the old phone on the new line so you aren't paying for dataon your new line.

Eh, that's still $240 + cost of phone.. just about full price.
    06-11-10 09:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD