10-19-09 05:34 PM
35 12
tools
    I know they are probably slim to none on this but would like to hear if anyone else has done this.

Currently have the Storm1 and would like to go to the Tour. I'm up for my NE2 as of Sept 30. My wife has a Pearl and she wants a Curve or a Tour. But her NE2 isn't up until Feb 2. I know it's not that far way but would Verizon even consider letting us both extend our contracts or am I shat out of luck?

Dunno if it matters but we have 1 other blackberry and 2 other lines on our account and have never made a late payment.

Thanks for any educated/informative answers.
    10-16-09 11:12 AM
    I know they are probably slim to none
    Took the words out of my keyboard
    10-16-09 11:22 AM
    Yea, i doubt you are up for "New Every 2" September 30th if you have a Storm. Maybe an annual upgrade or if you did an alternate upgrade to get the Storm 1. But no, if she isnt up (sounds like she is a secondary) which she isnt eligible for "new every 2" either.
    10-16-09 11:36 AM
    Yea, i doubt you are up for "New Every 2" September 30th if you have a Storm. Maybe an annual upgrade or if you did an alternate upgrade to get the Storm 1. But no, if she isnt up (sounds like she is a secondary) which she isnt eligible for "new every 2" either.
    Actually I am up for NE2 as of Sept. When the storm came out I added a line to my account then switched phones and gave my old phone to my mother-in-law.

I knew the chances where not good but didn't know if anyone was ever allowed to upgrade early. Not worried about the BOGO as much, I'd be happy if they did it for the 2yr contract price.

Thanks though guys.
    10-16-09 11:41 AM
    it doesn't hurt to call and ask a vzw rep if your wife can upgrade early...I did that with my husband (secondary line)...he doesn't have NE2 because it's not available for a secondary line but he was eligible to get an upgrade (promotional pricing) in March...I called customer service and asked if it was possible to move up the date for next month (november); I was actually able to get the upgrade for this month, yipppeee! I had a really nice rep on the phone though...it all depends on the rep you talk to...if one tells you no, call back a few minutes later and ask another rep...
    10-16-09 11:42 AM
    Definately worth asking, Verizon has been known to let people upgrade early if they are close. HOWEVER I'm not sure if Feb is close enough.
    10-16-09 11:59 AM
    Definately worth asking, Verizon has been known to let people upgrade early if they are close. HOWEVER I'm not sure if Feb is close enough.

Thanks for everyones comments. I have some running to do so figure it won't hurt stopping in to ask. Worst case they say no. I could get my Tour now and she could get her's then. No huge deal.
    10-16-09 12:01 PM
    That sounds pretty darned close; it is worth a try.
    Just a suggestion; if they only give u one right now.
    Let your wife upgrade first; a good partner is hard to
    find
    VZW customer service is usually pretty cool;
    especially if u are a long time customer.
    10-16-09 12:04 PM
    I wouldn't call 4 months "pretty darned close".

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-09 12:19 PM
    I wouldn't call 4 months "pretty darned close".

It's still worth a try; they might let u pay a small penalty for an early upgrade.
    The reps I have encountered really try an work with you; they know
    us gadget freaks have to have our new gear.
    I like looking at the glass as half full my friend
    10-16-09 12:43 PM
    Just got back, they said I'd have to wait. Worth a shot. I may upgrade mine to the Tour, give it to the wife and put up with my Storm 1 til Feb.
    10-16-09 01:09 PM
    That sounds pretty darned close; it is worth a try.
    Just a suggestion; if they only give u one right now.
    Let your wife upgrade first; a good partner is hard to
    find
    WOW! That's the best advice I have seen on CB in a long time. Good recommendation, Trendy....and, No, I'm not being sarcastic!
    10-16-09 01:13 PM
    It's still worth a try; they might let u pay a small penalty for an early upgrade.
    If its not commissionable, im not depleting our inventory or hurting my other numbers. Sorry.
    10-16-09 01:25 PM
    If its not commissionable, im not depleting our inventory or hurting my other numbers. Sorry.
    At least you'll sit on the phone and let me snivel..................
    Pretend to crucnch the numbers thats why I love youse guys
    10-16-09 01:39 PM

Honestly now that I know they work on commission I'll do all my orders online. Store chargers $50 more the online anyways. Thanks
    10-16-09 01:40 PM
    to the OP, I think you should call and try again...I have done this twice already within the last year...I got an upgrade early when I had the Voyager last year, I wasn't scheduled to get an upgrade until July of THIS year but I got it Nov. last year which allowed me to purchase my Storm...then I was able to get my husband's line upgraded 5 mos before he was eligible...try again, trust me someone will work with you on it...
    10-16-09 01:44 PM
    WOW! That's the best advice I have seen on CB in a long time. Good recommendation, Trendy....and, No, I'm not being sarcastic!
    Thanks I know you're not.
    After dating for so long and finally having a good g/f; ya gotta take care.
    First dates at Star Bucks blow.
    Don't say it yeah I'm cheap.
    I gotta have my gear.
    10-16-09 01:45 PM
    to the OP, I think you should call and try again...I have done this twice already within the last year...I got an upgrade early when I had the Voyager last year, I wasn't scheduled to get an upgrade until July of THIS year but I got it Nov. last year which allowed me to purchase my Storm...then I was able to get my husband's line upgraded 5 mos before he was eligible...try again, trust me someone will work with you on it...
    Thanks, this is the kinda info/hope I was seeking. I didn't call either, went to one of the local verizon stores. I'll try customer service now.
    10-16-09 01:47 PM
    Thanks I know you're not.
    After dating for so long and finally having a good g/f; ya gotta take care.
    First dates at Star Bucks blow.
    Don't say it yeah I'm cheap.
    I gotta have my gear.
    I agree, great advice. My wife spoils the **** out of me so if I can only get 1phone now I'll let her get it.
    10-16-09 01:48 PM
    Thanks, this is the kinda info/hope I was seeking. I didn't call either, went to one of the local verizon stores. I'll try customer service now.
    Yeah your best bet is always over the phone. The CS phone reps get er done bro.
    10-16-09 01:49 PM
    True they get er done but dont be the guy who calls in and ends up with a hot remark on their account cuz ur just calling and calling lol
    10-16-09 01:57 PM
    Just got off phone with Customer Service. Told me at first we'd have to wait then looked thru the account and game me some opinions. My new Tour and Curve will be here Monday.

A+++ for Verizon Customer Service!!!!!!
    10-16-09 02:18 PM
    Just got off phone with Customer Service. Told me at first we'd have to wait then looked thru the account and game me some opinions. My new Tour and Curve will be here Monday.

A+++ for Verizon Customer Service!!!!!!
    congrats! told you it would work...that's why I can't leave VZW, their customer service has been pretty good to me...
    10-16-09 02:22 PM
    If someone wants new phones all the time, they should sign one year upgrades.

10-16-09 02:39 PM
    I agree, great advice. My wife spoils the **** out of me so if I can only get 1phone now I'll let her get it.
    Yeah u gotta show appreciation...............
    Chicks dig that.
    I am taking that u are in the 45 plus crowd.
    When we were younger it was easy to throw away relationships;
    cause u figured u can always find another.
    But as time passes we become set in our ways.
    Not everyone out there both man and woman are trying to
    be malicious.
    As time passes it gets harder to find that good fit;
    where most everything just works together.
    10-16-09 04:17 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD