just talked to my local verizon dealer, and i asked why verizon charged extra for tethering when others dont. and i was told the others HAVE to and verizon dosnt because there the best carrier out there. my question is what is the definiton of "the best"
    08-03-09 09:13 PM
    If that isn't enough to make you switch to another carrier then they are the best. LoL

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-09 09:21 PM
    just talked to my local verizon dealer, and i asked why verizon charged extra for tethering when others dont. and i was told the others HAVE to and verizon dosnt because there the best carrier out there. my question is what is the definiton of "the best"
    The real answer is $$$. There is only one reason VZW exists, and that is to make money as much money as possible for their shareholders. Why should they give something away for free when people are willing to pay for it? VZW has one of the lowest churn rates in the industry and customers certainly aren't flocking to other carriers for the "free" stuff.
    08-03-09 09:39 PM
    just talked to my local verizon dealer, and i asked why verizon charged extra for tethering when others dont
    Look at the others' sites. They do charge for tethering. AT&T is harder on abusers than Verizon is.

08-03-09 09:47 PM
    just looked it up and i stand corrected thanks. maybe they are the best lol
    08-03-09 09:53 PM
    there are plenty of reasons why some carriers charge for tethering and others do not. Not all make sense and it is probably more related to bandwidth/resource management than anything else.

to be honest, after reading this, I just want to bang my head on the table to induce a coma. If you think tethering is **that** important to having good cell service, then I guess you really need to evaluate whether or not you are on the right carrier.
    08-03-09 09:54 PM
    over the past 10 years i have had cingular, alltell, at t , sprint, verizon (twice), and nextel (before sprint) and other then nextel you couldnt tell a bit of diffrence in cell service, so you weigh out extras and cs. first time i had verizon it was the worst cs i have ever experinced, but i have to admit since i came back i would say its has been the best, so here i stay
    08-03-09 10:00 PM
    there are plenty of reasons why some carriers charge for tethering and others do not. Not all make sense and it is probably more related to bandwidth/resource management than anything else.

to be honest, after reading this, I just want to bang my head on the table to induce a coma. If you think tethering is **that** important to having good cell service, then I guess you really need to evaluate whether or not you are on the right carrier.
    This coming from the guy who wants the network repair bureau to figure out why he only has 1x and not the ev he pays $200 a month for...

08-03-09 10:36 PM
    The best is an over-under for 15 American from a sexy little number in Manilla.

08-03-09 11:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD