07-05-09 10:43 PM
39 12
tools
    It was so cool I went into my local store and asked the manager for a free tour.. He was so nice about it he showed me around where they kept every thing.
    He showed me the back room were his people get to take breaks and also the bathrooms they sure were clean. I thanked him and told him that I would be back to see him next month when the 9630 tour comes out. He told me have a great day.. They are so nice at my local Verizon store. I hope they are just as helpful at all your local stores.
    06-26-09 02:10 AM
    Is this an attempt of humor?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-09 02:14 AM
    Is this an attempt of humor?

give him a break it was kind of funny comon you were ready to call him out for being a liar and everything I know it!

it was a bit funny... lighten up
    06-26-09 03:38 AM
    Why is it always a n00b?
    06-26-09 03:57 AM
    give him a break it was kind of funny comon you were ready to call him out for being a liar and everything I know it!

it was a bit funny... lighten up
    I was ready with both barrels over the title & ended up cracking up.

Maybe it helps I find the name "Tour" weak & lame.

After all, "Niagara" is North American, while "Tour" is something I do in Europe.

06-26-09 08:54 AM
    Why is it always a n00b?

I didn't know that July comes after January. I'm going to sue my schools. Anyway, well played OP. You caught me for a second or two.
    06-26-09 09:09 AM
    Why is it always a n00b?
    Its because we need to get our posts above 10.

Speaking of 10... here it is! woot
    06-26-09 11:29 AM

After all, "Niagara" is North American, while "Tour" is something I do in Europe.

You know it's a world phone, right? I think the name is rather fitting...
    06-26-09 01:54 PM
    Funny stuff, TGIF!
    06-26-09 02:22 PM
    You know it's a world phone, right? I think the name is rather fitting...
    Well, considering I've had several examples of this phone in recent months, I probably know what it is capable of. At least I think I do.

It is a great phone when compared to current BlackBerrys. It kind of sucks when compared wit smartphones in general.

If you read arond a bit, you'll find I am to the extreme right, wrapped up in the US Constitution as it is written, not as some have tried to morph it into. One of my sole remaining reasons for supporting BlackBerry is the fact they are made in North America & not China, Indonesia or some other less than free region.

Maybe armed with that, you might understand my comment. Bear in mind, I am not anti-European. Rather I am extreme American Patriot & don't admire the way those governments do things. Then again, I am not too thrilled with what the US Government has been doing lately either, but that's beside the point.

I like brash Americanism & bold names (BlackBerry Bold, anyone?). I have a CTS-V instead of a 5 Series. A Silverado instead of a Tundra. Springfields instead of Glocks. I eat American lamb & walk away from Brazilian tomatoes. "Tour" is too weenie a name for me, unless they were to toss in a few extra words, like "Tour of Duty" - but that wouldn't work for a limited-capability device.

As for the misnomer of "World Phone" - the 8330 works exceptionally well in Japan, Taiwan, South Korea, Singapore, Hong Kong, China, North America, etc. In fact, I can take you to areas in those regions where a GSM device will not work for miles & miles. I bring this up in an attempt to remind folks not to always believe the hype - even between CDMA & GSM, there are huge areas without any mobile coverage.

06-26-09 03:17 PM
    Well, considering I've had several of this phone in recent months, I probably know what it is capable of. At least I think I do.

It is a great phone when compared to current BlackBerrys. It kind of sucks when compared wit smartphones in general.

If you read arond a bit, you'll find I am to the extreme right, wrapped up in the US Constitution as it is written, not as some have tried to morph it into. One of my sole remaining reasons for supporting BlackBerry is the fact they are made in North America & not China, Indonesia or some other less than free region.

Maybe armed with that, you might understand my comment. Mind you, I am not anti-European. Rather I am extreme American Patriot & don't admire the way those governments do things. Then again, I am not too thrilled with what the US Government has been doing things either, but that's beside the point.

I like brash Americanism & bold names (BlackBerry Bold, anyone?). I have a CTS-V instead of a 5 Series. A Silverado instead of a Tundra. Springfields instead of Glocks. I eat American lamb & walk away from Brazilian tomatoes. "Tour" is too weenie a name for me, unless they were to toss in a few extra words, like "Tour of Duty" - but that wouldn't work for a limited-capability device.

As for the misnomer of "World Phone" - the 8330 works exceptionally well in Japan, Taiwan, South Korea, Singapore, Hong Kong, China, North America, etc. In fact, I can take you to areas in those regions where a GSM device will not work for miles & miles. I bring this up in an attempt to remind folks not to always believe the hype - even between CDMA & GSM, there are huge areas without any mobile coverage.

+1....particularly love this portion of DOI...."That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."
    06-26-09 03:17 PM
    I don't mind the name tour but I agree that it could have been so many other cool things..

the woman always had some catchy lines with curve..

but even the curve name wasn't to great for me

I liked the storm because of the tag lines that could be made for it..

especially things like kevin saying on opening night "where are the storm chasers"

the best thing I have heard for the tour is something about "groupies" which makes me feel lame haha
    06-26-09 04:36 PM

I didn't know that July comes after January. I'm going to sue my schools. Anyway, well played OP. You caught me for a second or two.
    I was ready with my "mod stick" but I was laughing too hard to use it. I agree well played noob!

Its because we need to get our posts above 10.

Speaking of 10... here it is! woot
    You need to earn it. I merged your 2 quick posts, which was a blatant attempt to pad your count. I'll give you the 1, but make your real 10th post something useful. Remember from our Rules.....

Make Meaningful Posts
    While CrackBerry.com is geared as much towards entertaining and connecting the Crackberry community as it is to helping solve problems and staying on top of news and rumors, all posts made within the site should be value added and on topic to the thread (even in the free for all). Hijacking a thread off-topic is a big No-No, and posts made for no reason other than to increase post count will be wiped from the site.

EDIT:....

I don't mind the name tour but I agree that it could have been so many other cool things..

the woman always had some catchy lines with curve..

but even the curve name wasn't to great for me

I liked the storm because of the tag lines that could be made for it..

especially things like kevin saying on opening night "where are the storm chasers"

the best thing I have heard for the tour is something about "groupies" which makes me feel lame haha
    At your request I've come up with a new tag line for those going after the Tour. Lets say they (we, as i MAY get one) are "getting on the Tour bus!"
    06-26-09 09:12 PM
    I'm happy that people could see the humor in it. Well with it coming out on the 12th we might not be as impatience any more and can just sit back on the "tour bus" and count the days. I know I'm counting them.
    06-26-09 10:55 PM
    WOW, I love pre-release info. Just reading though, I have heard 3 dates for July, one for August, and a few this summer. Just makes me laugh
    06-27-09 07:24 AM
    WOW, I love pre-release info. Just reading though, I have heard 3 dates for July, one for August, and a few this summer. Just makes me laugh
    Well check the blogs there now is a release date from Verizon hope this helps you.

06-27-09 09:32 AM
    Naw. Will check internal work resources tomorrow. This will be the best way. But thank you.

06-27-09 09:38 AM
    Naw. Will check internal work resources tomorrow. This will be the best way. But thank you.

Testman site has an ad that says the 12 and the 199 price. So its looking pretty good, but let us know what your bosses say tomorrow.

06-27-09 09:47 AM
    Bosses they are the worst resource hahahaha.

06-27-09 09:50 AM
    I giggled a bit

06-27-09 09:51 AM
    hahah good 1 man u had me going there i was about to log into my account to order it lol
    06-27-09 05:18 PM
    Well, considering I've had several examples of this phone in recent months, I probably know what it is capable of. At least I think I do.

Maybe armed with that, you might understand my comment. Bear in mind, I am not anti-European. Rather I am extreme American Patriot & don't admire the way those governments do things. Then again, I am not too thrilled with what the US Government has been doing lately either, but that's beside the point.

It is a shame more people aren't the same!

06-28-09 01:25 AM
    Wait, I know the rest of the story

You woke up and realized you still were at home, in bed, in your moms basement.

06-28-09 08:32 AM
    Haha nice tour
    06-29-09 11:51 AM
    I got your Tour, baby.

Official Details & Notifications

06-29-09 06:50 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD