03-24-11 02:50 PM
28 12
tools
    If you want to leave verizon thats your choice but just know that other carriers have similar policies. Att didnt offer insurance on iphone and as far as having the device activated, the rep could have easily turned on her old phone after activating the iphone in the store so she wouldn't have lost service and ruined the surprise. The iphone5 is supposed to be coming out in a couple months anyway I would just wait.
    For your information, AT&T may not offer insurance on the iPhone but do you all realize that you can get the Apple Care program for the iPhone straight from Apple? My sister has the iPhone through AT&T and made sure that she had the Apple Care program for her phone and it's paid off for her. They do have excellent customer service for those who do have problems with their iPhones. I'm not sure how much she paid for it but sounds like a good program to have in case of technical problems with this phone. I understand that Verizon makes you have this Asurion insurance but this would be a great backup in case this insurance doesn't cover certain problems with the iPhone.
    02-16-11 10:43 PM
    the Apple care costs around $60 online.
    don't BUY it in the retail store or apple.com

Apple - Support - iPhone - Service FAQ
    02-17-11 11:18 AM
    yeah most of that was common knowledge from the changes last month. The $20 is the early upgrade fee that has always been there too. VZW never lets you leave without activating a device.
    only way to get around this is to order from VZW.com. I did the pre-release order of the iPhone4 for my wife, recieved it on the 10th, wrapped it for her birthday and did not activate it until the 20th.
    03-24-11 02:50 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD