Since I recently switched to the Curve from a non smart phone, I've been getting the following msg approx ten times a day.

//BREW:0104F4BC:OZMAIL CI=5249FFFE95B76A385188786CA1CE1CEB MC=3

Any ideas what its about? All I can think is possibly a txt alert or something, but I switched my espn alerts to txt since I no longer have espn mvp and I get them via SMS without a problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-08 11:40 PM
    Never seen it is pretty strange .
    05-10-08 11:42 PM
    Never had that problem.
    05-10-08 11:44 PM
    Did you have some SMS notifivcations for email? I know Gmail and yahoo have that, or it could also be that you setup desktop manager wrong, and chose enterprise, rather than personal
    05-10-08 11:44 PM
    Make sure you are on the phone with the Blackberry or PDA support team. What they did was turned Person A Blackberry off and turned Person A old phone back on. Person A goes into the get it now feature and deleted their mail account. After that they turned Person A Blackberry back on and the problem was fixed. It took a whole 20 mins to fix the problem...
    05-10-08 11:46 PM
    Make sure you are on the phone with the Blackberry or PDA support team. What they did was turned Person A Blackberry off and turned Person A old phone back on. Person A goes into the get it now feature and deleted their mail account. After that they turned Person A Blackberry back on and the problem was fixed. It took a whole 20 mins to fix the problem...
    So I should call VZW on this? Hope someone is there on Mommy's Day!
    05-10-08 11:53 PM
    yeah either call today or monday but ask for the data team. not just general support.
    05-11-08 05:47 PM
    yeah either call today or monday but ask for the data team. not just general support.
    Okay, I spent an hour on the phone with some girl this morning. I'm not sure if she was from the data team per se. She had never heard of the problem, but was very friendly as she searched for a solution. So I asked her how she was looking for the fix and she said "I can't seem to find anything about it on Google..." I thought to myself, I already DID THAT! One would think that when you call customer support you are to get just that... support.

Anyway, I offered to forward her the exact error message and she stated she had no way of receiving it! She did not have an email she could give me or a cell phone number to forward the message to.

I was pretty much advising her of the situation based on the little bit of info on this site about the problem. She then wanted me to disable Google Alerts and set a filter on my gmail account to block the number! I told her it wasn't coming on my Gmail, but rather via SMS. At that point my wife was tapping her foot ready to leave for the Mother's Day festivities.

So, I had to end the conversation there with no resolution. I'm hoping to attempt to fix it tomorrow night. Stay tuned.
    05-11-08 09:10 PM
    I'm getting the same message I'm starting to think it's Backup Assistant trying to backup the contacts. I had it set to automatically backup everyday late at night.
    05-15-08 09:07 AM
    Back up assistant doesn't work on BB though.
    I had mine set up to and have never gotten that message.
    I've had my BB since March.

05-15-08 09:40 AM
    I know Backup Assistant doesn't work on a Blackberry. Did you have yours set to automatically update or did you go through the application to update it?
    05-15-08 01:10 PM
    I received one very similar to yours yesterday. Only it had my username in the middle of all the nonsense (muerte_x), and the letters/numbers were different, obviously.

I did have backup assistant installed on my old phone, but this is the first time I've gotten this message. I'm not sure what else it could be, since I don't have any sort of text alerts. Maybe I'll check online and see if I can disable it somehow from the website.
    05-15-08 01:21 PM
    My problem was solved. I called them back that same night and spoke with a very knowledgeable guy who put in a work ticket. Give VZW a call and ask to speak to someone about the BB. Because you have a phone that doesn't support Get it Now, you can't go in and disable Mobile Email, they have to do it manually.
    05-15-08 07:51 PM
    thought so. good to hear.
    05-15-08 07:55 PM
    I just went to the vzw website through my computer and turned off the backup assistant and the messages stopped.
    05-17-08 05:02 PM
    Just got a message from 1119
    saying animated messaging account expiring- please log in to keep account active.
    05-17-08 05:40 PM
    I am having the same problem since I got my Curve. I called Verizon and supposedly spoke to a BB tech. I explained that I came across the same problem and referenced this thread and said that she should manually get rid of any Get It Now apps on my account. She said that she "reset" it. However, I am still getting these messages. Do you know exactly what you said to the verizon tech that made them stop?
    05-18-08 08:13 PM
    I just got a tour, and everytime i get an e-mail on my hotmail account i get that same BREW:OZ message, it says to just reply to the message and it would stop... i've replied like 5 times, but i finally set some blocks in my SMS settings and it seems like it's stopped. I set block annonymouse txts and some sort of SPAM block.
    08-31-09 11:42 AM
    and as i post that last message I just received it agian =(
    08-31-09 11:47 AM
    did u have mobile email on a non bb or smart phone before???

thats the problem... have to call to get resolved

mobile email still trying to send email to mdn...make sure mobile email is completely deactivated
    08-31-09 11:47 AM
    did u have mobile email on a non bb or smart phone before???

thats the problem... have to call to get resolved

mobile email still trying to send email to mdn...make sure mobile email is completely deactivated
    Ya i did, had a voyager, i read a few other forums and thats exactly what they said, but one person did say that if you wait 48 hrs that it would resolve itself, but its been like 4 days and, obviously, it's still going. I'll just give em a call today. I heard a lot of horror stories about it too that tech support couldn't figure it out either.
    08-31-09 12:26 PM
    Holy year and a half old thread batman. Yea, thats what it is. Its trying to send dumbphone information to a smartphone, doesnt work. You need to call CS and have then remove all those subscriptions you had.
    08-31-09 02:48 PM
    I get weird SMS messages all the time. They probably won't stop until enough of my family & friends gets mad at me.

08-31-09 03:15 PM
    I switched my LG Dare (with Backup Assistant and Mobile Email on it) for a BB Curve 8330 from Verizon yesterday. When I asked the salesperson what would happen with my mobile email subscription, the salesperson said he disabled it. Yet, that day I got about 6 BREW sms. I also replied with a blank sms to get it to stop, and sms with just "stop" in it. Of course, that didn't work. So I took the advice of others on this forum and called 611 Verizon tech support.

The first tech didn't seem to understand what I was talking about, but he said he would block unsolicited sms on my phone. I thought that worked because it did....for a couple of hours. I just rcvd another lovely BREW sms.

So this other tech I just got off the phone with verified that Mobile Email was disabled and I didn't have automatic updates for Backup Assistant set so none of that should be problematic. But he did say that it would take 24-36 hrs for the change to take effect, so I can expect some BREW sms in the meantime.

So, the solution is to make sure mobile email is canceled.....and wait? Hopefully that's the solution.
    09-01-09 11:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD