I have an Alltel branded 8330 thats running .160 (upgraded OS when Alltel sent me an email) I've been trying to upgrade my PRL via *228 and I have gotten the "upgrade unsucessfull" message 3 times now. WTF That has never happened at all. We have been assimalated by VZW as of today....Wonder if that has anything to do with it????
    07-11-09 04:14 PM
    Call 611 - route to tech support. They should be able to correct it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-09 04:17 PM
    Are you in Arizona? There's a known issue there right now.
    07-11-09 04:19 PM
    Yeah Twins is there J/K my friend

I saw this happen last week. there is devoted team to help with the alltel conversion. Your device will need a manual program once this is done, the *228 will work
    Last edited by lastraid; 07-11-09 at 04:33 PM.
    07-11-09 04:27 PM
    Uhhhh No.....Like my location says I'm in the heart of Dixie. North Carolina to be exact.

How dare ya'll be so exact on ways to over come my problem...

Guess I neeed to call tech support ...how damn difficult is it to manually reprogram a PRL and can big red make my friggen signal better??
    07-11-09 04:52 PM
    Called tech support. Problem is because of merger, according to the tech (good guy and knew his sheoit) it should be cleared up by Sunday or Monday.

I also found out that my seniority will not be affected (I was an Alltel customer since 1989). That was cool to know.
    07-11-09 05:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD