Hi All!

I am running VZW 4.5 on a Curve. I have no issues that I can detect (however I am still a relative BB newb).

Tried to set up weather push (accuweather). Waited several days and still no icon. I chose for it to update 2x day and icon. I checked all settings under browser push and everything is checked or set to auto or allow all. Anyone else have issues or might be able to devine from this short narrative what I am doing wrong? I have set up weather push before and had no problems, but that was on 4.3 (not that I know this makes any difference).

I have also done battery pulls since adding the push. The accuweather web signal works fine but I wanted to compare to the weather push service.

I thank you all in advance for your help..
    db
    Last edited by dboggny; 11-16-08 at 07:56 AM. Reason: additional info
    11-16-08 07:55 AM
    I would honestly just turn that off and go with a full feldged weather app.

I recommend either WeatherEye or WeatherBug Direct, both are free and give you a home screen icon with the temp and current forecast.

I personally use WeatherBug Direct since it gives me Weather Alerts pretty accuratly, and it's a bit more detailed then WeatherEye.
    11-16-08 09:22 AM
    I had weatherbug for a while. Once I updated to 4.5, it didn't really update correctly and the alerts would come but never go away unless I forced an update. It just seemed bugge after the OS update and I did clean installs after the update. Also the other extensions were erratic updating. do you not have any issues with wb direct?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-08 09:55 AM
    I don't have any issues with WeatherBug Direct on OS 4.5, and I didn't reload it. It still works just the same as it did on OS 4.3.
    11-16-08 10:59 AM
    I have WeatherBug on 4.5 and I haven't had any problems.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-08 12:36 PM
    Now that we have discussed the merits of Weatherbug Direct, can anyone address the origional question?

Thanks
    Danny
    11-16-08 02:24 PM
    I was never able to get the AccuWeather Push option to work. I tried it several times without success. IMHO, I think RIM rushed those items out, before making sure they are fully functional, and refining their design.
    11-16-08 02:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD