1. abooch1's Avatar
    I came from the iPhone to get a tour the day it came out...I'm not liking it to much and am interested in either getting a storm 2 or a droid...It is an added line to my mothers account thats has four lines total..been customers for years and years never late on a payment...What are some possible way to get an upgrade pricing without really scamming the system or anything...I know I could seel the Tour on ebay and get 200-300 dollars for it but I would still be paying 400 dollars for the storm or droid...

    Could I close my line and pay the ETF and open a new line to get the upgrade price and use the money from selling my tour to offset the ETF...I don't mind losing my number or anything but again I really hate "scamming" the system if that is considered that...

    She is close to the manager at the verizon store we go to..she e-mailed him to see if he could put aside a tour for me when it first came out and he did and also gave me an extra 50 bucks off of it..How strict are they with upgrades?
    10-22-09 11:43 PM
  2. tsguy52's Avatar
    I came from the iPhone to get a tour the day it came out...I'm not liking it to much and am interested in either getting a storm 2 or a droid...It is an added line to my mothers account thats has four lines total..been customers for years and years never late on a payment...What are some possible way to get an upgrade pricing without really scamming the system or anything...I know I could seel the Tour on ebay and get 200-300 dollars for it but I would still be paying 400 dollars for the storm or droid...

    Could I close my line and pay the ETF and open a new line to get the upgrade price and use the money from selling my tour to offset the ETF...I don't mind losing my number or anything but again I really hate "scamming" the system if that is considered that...

    She is close to the manager at the verizon store we go to..she e-mailed him to see if he could put aside a tour for me when it first came out and he did and also gave me an extra 50 bucks off of it..How strict are they with upgrades?
    Here's simple math for you:

    Storm 2 = $499 (a guess since most BB tend to be this much)
    -
    Tour Sold on Ebay = $250

    Price of new BB $250


    This is about how much a new Storm 2 will be going for with 2 year pricing. So sell your Tour and hope you get $250 for it.
    10-22-09 11:54 PM
  3. abooch1's Avatar
    ok well lets say the phone is 599...which the droid will be... it would be 350 dollars plus fees.. thats alot..
    10-23-09 12:01 AM
  4. tsguy52's Avatar
    ok well lets say the phone is 599...which the droid will be... it would be 350 dollars plus fees.. thats alot..
    I doubt that phone will be $599.. It's just another BlackBerry and they always tend to be less than $500. Who told you the Droid will be $599?

    Anyway.. wait and see what the cost will be - you're better off not canceling and dealing with all that. You will then have to pay for the phone plus activation fees at that point.
    10-23-09 12:09 AM
  5. bubbarob1978's Avatar
    I came from the iPhone to get a tour the day it came out...I'm not liking it to much and am interested in either getting a storm 2 or a droid...It is an added line to my mothers account thats has four lines total..been customers for years and years never late on a payment...What are some possible way to get an upgrade pricing without really scamming the system or anything...I know I could seel the Tour on ebay and get 200-300 dollars for it but I would still be paying 400 dollars for the storm or droid...

    Could I close my line and pay the ETF and open a new line to get the upgrade price and use the money from selling my tour to offset the ETF...I don't mind losing my number or anything but again I really hate "scamming" the system if that is considered that...

    She is close to the manager at the verizon store we go to..she e-mailed him to see if he could put aside a tour for me when it first came out and he did and also gave me an extra 50 bucks off of it..How strict are they with upgrades?
    I'm thinking either way will cost you about the same in the long run based on what others have posted here. But in has been my personal experience that if one of your lines is a few months into its contract, if you ask nicely they will sell you a new phone at the one-year price if you agree to renew your contract for another two years at that point.

    I was able to get a new curve that way and though its not as good as the two year price, it was about 140 less than retail at that time. On another occasion I was in the store and a women stated her daughters phone was broken (she had it with her) and they offered her the one year price on the spot without her asking for it. She had to renew her contract but was very thankful not to pay full price.

    Point is, it never hurts to ask the manager or the rep you are dealing with. If you are nice and friendly you just might get a better deal. It seems to depend on what store you visit and how you act. Treat the reps they way you would want to be treated and hope for the best..
    10-23-09 12:19 AM
  6. tsguy52's Avatar
    Certain options are in place for customers who have their phone lost or stolen. Just wanting a new phone will cost full retail especially with a device that just came out.

    Good luck either way!
    10-23-09 12:31 AM
  7. bubbarob1978's Avatar
    Certain options are in place for customers who have their phone lost or stolen. Just wanting a new phone will cost full retail especially with a device that just came out.

    Good luck either way!
    My phone was not lost or stolen. I was coming from a VX9900 and just wanted a curve. I will say that the curve had been out for a few months prior to when I got the deal. Although I wouldn't go in on launch day in hopes of landing a deal like that with a device that just been released.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-09 01:31 AM
  8. bandaidbunny's Avatar
    do what we did....i have a pearl and my boyfriend has a razor(EWWWW)..he is out of touch i tried a intervention and it did not help...LOL...his razors speaker was going and the screen was severly scratched...i emailed vz cause we were still on a alltel plan..i told them we were wishing to switch to vz and was wondering if we could get the upgrade discounts...within two days our dates were moved up from 12/11/2010 to 10/23/2009..LOL...my new curve will be arriving tuesday and his motorola...MEN!!!!
    10-25-09 07:32 PM
  9. jlsparks's Avatar
    Another option is for you to find out if any of the other lines on the account you're on are eligible for an upgrade. If so you can do an "alternate upgrade" with a new 2 yr. You'd need to be on the account though, or have someone who is on the account, with you... they won't talk with you if you're not listed..
    10-25-09 07:37 PM
  10. abooch1's Avatar
    Another option is for you to find out if any of the other lines on the account you're on are eligible for an upgrade. If so you can do an "alternate upgrade" with a new 2 yr. You'd need to be on the account though, or have someone who is on the account, with you... they won't talk with you if you're not listed..
    what is alternate upgrade? say if my dad is due for an upgrade but doesn't want a new phone...or a cheaper phone...I could use his upgrade to get a droid and he could either stay with his old phone or get a much cheaper phone?
    10-26-09 05:50 PM
  11. onebadd302's Avatar
    do what we did....i have a pearl and my boyfriend has a razor(EWWWW)..he is out of touch i tried a intervention and it did not help...LOL...his razors speaker was going and the screen was severly scratched...i emailed vz cause we were still on a alltel plan..i told them we were wishing to switch to vz and was wondering if we could get the upgrade discounts...within two days our dates were moved up from 12/11/2010 to 10/23/2009..LOL...my new curve will be arriving tuesday and his motorola...MEN!!!!
    You wouldn't mind telling what you said in the email would you.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-09 06:17 PM
  12. bluerskyes's Avatar
    what is alternate upgrade? say if my dad is due for an upgrade but doesn't want a new phone...or a cheaper phone...I could use his upgrade to get a droid and he could either stay with his old phone or get a much cheaper phone?
    If you do an alternate, your dad is screwed out of a new phone for 2 years. That's what a VZW rep told me.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-09 05:57 AM
  13. abooch1's Avatar
    If you do an alternate, your dad is screwed out of a new phone for 2 years. That's what a VZW rep told me.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    He doesn't want any of these new phones..hes fine with his cheap flip phone...its not like a few months down the line we can't pay full retail or get him a used new "cheap" phone..
    10-27-09 09:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD