Is there anyway possible to watch shows using Hulu or ABC.com on my 8330?
    05-24-09 09:03 PM
    Is there anyway possible to watch shows using Hulu or ABC.com on my 8330?

the device does not support flash which both of those sites do. So unless they do like youtube and stream a different format to mobiles it will not work.

or unless a browser capable of using flash comes out for your phone
    05-24-09 10:31 PM
    the device does not support flash which both of those sites do. So unless they do like youtube and stream a different format to mobiles it will not work.
    Just a note - this includes ALL BlackBerrys, on any carrier. The Web browsing experience is extremely limited on BlackBerry & this is an area where WinMo & iPhone solidly trounce RIM's offerings.

There are no solutions on the horizon, either, as RIM maintains an iron grip on the OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-09 10:36 PM
    Just a note - this includes ALL BlackBerrys, on any carrier. The Web browsing experience is extremely limited on BlackBerry & this is an area where WinMo & iPhone solidly trounce RIM's offerings.

There are no solutions on the horizon, either, as RIM maintains an iron grip on the OS.

Just for clarity, iPhone/iPod Touch has a YouTube app but presently there isn't support for Hulu.com or other similar Flash video services from the TV channels. Apparently, there are rumors of a Hulu app for the iPhone/iPod Touch to come this summer.
    05-24-09 11:09 PM
    Just for clarity, iPhone/iPod Touch has a YouTube app but presently there isn't support for Hulu.com or other similar Flash video services from the TV channels. Apparently, there are rumors of a Hulu app for the iPhone/iPod Touch to come this summer.
    Very true, but while I am far from being a fan of iPhone or anything Apple, the iPhone does have a better overall browsing experience.

As for flash, you have to go with WinMo on some browsers.

05-24-09 11:21 PM
    Oh, well...I was hoping to find away for my husband...he's on the road a lot and I thought it would be nice for him to be able to watch the TV shows he missed.
    05-24-09 11:35 PM
    There is a browser in testing that will allow flash on a BlackBerry. Its in beta. I can't recall the name I'll do a search and edit this post.

Skyfire is the name of it. Its in beta so watch for it when it comes out.

Last edited by cadsystems; 05-25-09 at 01:52 PM.
    05-25-09 01:46 PM
    There is a browser in testing that will allow flash on a BlackBerry.
    Hadn't heard that before. Skyfire will be something I try out.

Isn't it a closed Beta? From 2 seconds at their site looks like they are in open beta for WM phones. And I think the BB version is just starting their beta testing, but not open beta.
    05-25-09 02:19 PM
    Hadn't heard that before. Skyfire will be something I try out.

Isn't it a closed Beta? From 2 seconds at their site looks like they are in open beta for WM phones. And I think the BB version is just starting their beta testing, but not open beta.
    Nope, not open yet. Hopefully by the end of the summer we will all be watching Hulu on our Berrys. According to some people on the forum who have used it, it is the best browser for Blackberrys to date. "It is going to change the way we browse on Blackberrys". haha
    05-25-09 02:35 PM
    Actually its in closed alpha testing. I tried to get in on it but they were full. I hope they have a storm version.

05-25-09 10:26 PM
    Actually its in closed alpha testing. I tried to get in on it but they were full. I hope they have a storm version.

And that closed beta testing is for the browser. No flash because that requires access to the os that RIM has locked out.

05-25-09 10:37 PM
    And that closed beta testing is for the browser. No flash because that requires access to the os that RIM has locked out.

Actually the lack of flash is due to some inherent difficulty with designing a flash program to work with the Java Virtual Machine. I read an article which interviewed someone from Adobe, who said it would be incredibly difficult from a programming standpoint to get flash working on a Blackberry as long as it was running Java.
    05-26-09 09:42 PM
    No flash because that requires access to the os that RIM has locked out.

Huh? I thought the upcoming skyfire browser had flash. Isn't that the whole point of being excited about skyfire.
    05-26-09 09:45 PM
    Huh? I thought the upcoming skyfire browser had flash. Isn't that the whole point of being excited about skyfire.

As far as I know, Flash on a JVM really can't be done. This is coming from adobe themselves.
    05-27-09 09:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD