hey everyone im still new to my blackberry still finding fun stuff to do on it but i heard you could watch tv on it. the other day i wanted to watch my fav show Bones from fox but i couldnt figure out how to do it
    somone please help thanks so much
    05-08-09 03:03 PM
    hey everyone im still new to my blackberry still finding fun stuff to do on it but i heard you could watch tv on it. the other day i wanted to watch my fav show Bones from fox but i couldnt figure out how to do it
    As of right now, I think telus is the only carrier that offers mobile tv with their service on the storm. I haven't tested them but there are other apps such as orb that you can use to do the same results.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-09 03:59 PM
    The only draw back to orb is having to leave your computer on. Or am I wrong?

05-08-09 04:28 PM
    I would use the search function for the forums. There are plenty of threads already out there on this subject. Good luck.
    05-08-09 04:31 PM
    Check this link out. From what I can see, I do not think it is out for the Storm yet. But maybe you contact them and see if it is in the works.

Blackberry Rocks
    Last edited by lastraid; 05-08-09 at 04:42 PM.
    05-08-09 04:37 PM
    to use RIMs TV service, you need a wifi connection. Hense, another reason why so many of us are angry about the elimination of wifi!

So your answer.... it doesn't work!
    05-08-09 04:37 PM
    to use RIMs TV service, you need a wifi connection. Hense, another reason why so many of us are angry about the elimination of wifi!

So your answer.... it doesn't work!
    Rican

You seem like a nice enough person, but why is that you have trash every forum with your WI-FI whinning. I have noticed that just about forum that this happens in starts a bunch of arugments and the on topic posts end up getting deleted and the forum closed. If you want to talk about the lack of WI-FI, please take to it another forum that has this topic already.

Thank you
    Last edited by lastraid; 05-08-09 at 05:08 PM.
    05-08-09 04:42 PM
    I could be wrong but Vcast mobile offers it in selected cities. Saw this on vzw website.
    05-08-09 04:44 PM
    I could be wrong but Vcast mobile offers it in selected cities. Saw this on vzw website.
    This can be had on a BB, but I beleive it is only clips from certain shows
    05-08-09 04:47 PM
    Try nbc mobile its cool and free

05-08-09 04:49 PM
    Rican

You seem like a nice enough person, but why is that you have trash every forum with your WI-FI whinning. I have noticed that just about forum that this happens in starts a bunch of arugment and the on topic post end getting deleted and the forum closed. If you want to talk about the lack of WI-FI, please take to it another forum that has this topic already.

Thank you
    trash is ur interpretation my friend. it directly relates to the OP question... hense, it doesn't work because there is no wifi needed for it to work. Thanks for the backhanded kudos about being a nice guy (I try), but the answer requires that statement so... no flaming necessary when just stating facts...
    05-08-09 05:07 PM
    plus, i'm 99% sure that vzw's streaming mobile tv doesnt work on the storm. but plz correct me if I'm wrong
    05-08-09 05:08 PM
    Do you have evidence to backup that TV requires wifi? Are you just spewing and ranting again.
    05-08-09 10:29 PM
    All of the great apps like slingbox apps are all built for wi-fi enabled blackberry devices

05-08-09 10:39 PM
    Do you have evidence to backup that TV requires wifi? Are you just spewing and ranting again.
    Yea, I went back and found the announcement and it specifically said wifi only and that the Storm was going to be left out in the cold.
    05-08-09 10:51 PM
    Yea, I went back and found the announcement and it specifically said wifi only and that the Storm was going to be left out in the cold.
    I swear, people don't read the news blogs on the front page

WIFI download ONLY!
    05-09-09 05:48 PM
    well thanks for all the help people
    05-09-09 08:33 PM
    i had the TV when i had the LG voyager, i only watched it for about 10 minutes, to me it was a waste
    05-10-09 01:06 AM
    i had the TV when i had the LG voyager, i only watched it for about 10 minutes, to me it was a waste
    yea but what you were watching was different. I had the voyager as well. You had the streaming tv service ($15 a month) which is different from RIMs downloadable TV service.
    05-10-09 01:41 AM
    plus, i'm 99% sure that vzw's streaming mobile tv doesnt work on the storm. but plz correct me if I'm wrong
    Unfortunately, you are correct... For some sad reason VZW Get it Now apps dont work on Blackberry's
    Great apps like: Chaperone Parent, Vcast Song ID ( MISS IT ), Vcast video, and vcast mobile TV. I think we should feel FORTUNATE that we get VzNav.. I know others are complaining about the cost... but we should count us lucky our BB's even GET it... hmmmm?

oh and I'm still on an elusive search for a Song ID app like Vcast... then I can stop carrying my daughters Env2 around with me...

05-10-09 08:20 AM
    i kind of fail to understand why the storm wouldn't of supported v-cast/mobile tv. Given the size of the screen and the obvious media direction of the phone, it would of made sense. RIMs TV service seems great, but the mobile tv is amazing. Never thought I'd be able to watch live msnbc shows straight from my cell phone, lol! WOW!
    05-10-09 11:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD