So I bought a Tour and only have the $29.99 data plan w/ voice and the $10 unlimited text plan. I get a notice in the mail today saying that I had a $44.99 data plan added, $30 BB Mobile to go 5gb limit added, AND insurance added that I didn't have. They said it was a 1 month promotion they were giving me for free for the 1st month I had bought my phone. I bought my phone a couple of days after release, and the notice said that if I didn't want the promotion, the charges will post on my statement if I did not call and cancel by August 15th. Nice try Big Red, not getting me on that one. I thought it was some promotion BS I was going to glance at it and throw it out, but good thing I opened it. I was never notified these things were going to be added to my account. Now, when I called to cancel them, they said my account will be credited. CREDITED?! I NEVER ORDERED THIS BS IN THE FIRST PLACE!!! UGH, so yeah just warning people to check their account to see if this 1 month promotion offer was added or not. It may just be me or in my area, but it is pretty lame if you ask me. That's all!
    08-02-09 12:51 AM
    Lol, this should read "Beware of all promotions". The whole principal of a promotion is to get you buying something which you think are getting for free or at a good rate.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-09 01:14 AM
    Um, where did you buy your phone? It sounds to me like an order was keyed incorrectly - none of what you got was part of any promotion. Your 30 day notice was probably tied to the 30 day WFG.

You can order a $44.99 BES package (corporate enterprise server access) and you can have insurance and texting added. None of these items are under contract.

So if you got it online, you checked the wrong boxes. If you got it from VZW corporate, someone misunderstood or made a mistake. If you got it from an authorized dealer, or through a third-party call center/Internet site, someone wanted to make a little extra commission.

Get over it & ask for it to be changed. They will do it & credit you any overages.

08-02-09 01:56 AM
    I bought it at a VZW store. I am in College I have no need for that stuff anyway. I specifically told the guy I only want the 29.99 data plan that I have had on there with my previous smartphone. I was doing a little venting because it irritated me and thought it might be happening to others. I swear crackberry.com should have thread screeners like call screeners at radio stations with all the jerkoffs that post on here whenever you start a thread. Jeez guys.

And if you read my whole post TwinsX2Dad, you will see that I have already taken care of it. I was just trying to inform others and was curious if I was the only one who got this promotion thing.
    08-02-09 10:46 AM
    I bought it at a VZW store. I am in College I have no need for that stuff anyway. I specifically told the guy I only want the 29.99 data plan that I have had on there with my previous smartphone. I was doing a little venting because it irritated me and thought it might be happening to others. I swear crackberry.com should have thread screeners like call screeners at radio stations with all the jerkoffs that post on here whenever you start a thread. Jeez guys.

And if you read my whole post TwinsX2Dad, you will see that I have already taken care of it. I was just trying to inform others and was curious if I was the only one who got this promotion thing.
    I read your post. Twice. I was about to respond in a manner much like Dad and Bluer until I read your response. Maybe you need to read your own post and see where they were coming from because where you were coming from wasn't all that clear.

None of what you said happened to you sounded like a promo, but to make sure you did get what you should have, make sure you have your voice plan ($39.99+) and your BB plan ($29.99, nothing more) and your texting plan ($5-$20, depending on bucket). That is all you need. Anything else is for different purposes.

08-02-09 01:09 PM
    So I bought a Tour and only have the $29.99 data plan w/ voice and the $10 unlimited text plan. I get a notice in the mail today saying that I had a $44.99 data plan added, $30 BB Mobile to go 5gb limit added, AND insurance added that I didn't have. They said it was a 1 month promotion they were giving me for free for the 1st month I had bought my phone. I bought my phone a couple of days after release, and the notice said that if I didn't want the promotion, the charges will post on my statement if I did not call and cancel by August 15th. Nice try Big Red, not getting me on that one. I thought it was some promotion BS I was going to glance at it and throw it out, but good thing I opened it. I was never notified these things were going to be added to my account. Now, when I called to cancel them, they said my account will be credited. CREDITED?! I NEVER ORDERED THIS BS IN THE FIRST PLACE!!! UGH, so yeah just warning people to check their account to see if this 1 month promotion offer was added or not. It may just be me or in my area, but it is pretty lame if you ask me. That's all!

Ah. I thought the tether promotion was finished like a couple mo's ago... Its not in the avail promotions list anymore anyhow.

I would say that either the store rep loaded your account. ( extra commission like dad said ) Or someone didnt understand what you asked for. Although its pretty straight forward. Although my other collegues are right... if you were put on the 44.99 then the tether feature would have been $15.
    All in all btwn the regular data feature and the tether should always equal 59.99 so its 30 for bis users and 15 for bes users.
    At this point it doesnt matter; I'm glad you got it resolved... I would have gone straight back to the store to contest the charges since they were the ones who processed it. Call em on what they did... LOL
    Last edited by heather.law; 08-02-09 at 01:24 PM.
    08-02-09 01:19 PM
    I swear crackberry.com should have thread screeners like call screeners at radio stations with all the jerkoffs that post on here whenever you start a thread.
    You seem to misunderstand the duties of radio station call screeners. They weed out the nutjobs and people who have nothing to say before they even make it on the air.

In other words, if there were thread screeners, you never would have been able to start this thread in the first place.
    08-02-09 01:24 PM
    You seem to misunderstand the duties of radio station call screeners. They weed out the nutjobs and people who have nothing to say before they even make it on the air.

In other words, if there were thread screeners, you never would have been able to start this thread in the first place.
    ROFL! snap!
    08-02-09 01:33 PM

Love it!!!!!!
    08-02-09 01:38 PM

Or in some stations, people who disagree with their views. I was pointing out that clearly people thought MY THREAD I STARTED was stupid, so therefore a CB screener could've disapproved my thread so it wouldn't be started. Nice try there pal.. I do understand the intent, and I meant it as clearly people think my thread is stupid, so clearly it shouldn't have been started in their opinion. These interwebz are getting very srs.
    08-02-09 02:57 PM
    Well, sabre rattling aside I find it's a worthy thread. I wouldn't put it past some retailers to bump up their own checks at a customer's expense. Closely checking out that first bill is a good habit to have.

That goes for all carriers, not just VZW.
    Last edited by skyboxer; 08-02-09 at 03:19 PM.
    08-02-09 03:16 PM
    Umm, sounds like his account was slammed. It's not unheard of for a rep to add unwanted items to an unwitting customers account. If you received your device at a Verizon store, you would have signed and been issued a receipt detailing the plan and features of your new phone. Read it, what does it say?
    08-02-09 11:06 PM
    Lol, this should read "Beware of all promotions". The whole principal of a promotion is to get you buying something which you think are getting for free or at a good rate.

Agreeeeeeeed!
    08-02-09 11:31 PM
    Umm, sounds like his account was slammed. It's not unheard of for a rep to add unwanted items to an unwitting customers account. If you received your device at a Verizon store, you would have signed and been issued a receipt detailing the plan and features of your new phone. Read it, what does it say?
    It takes 1 minute to read over the reciept lol. And the fact that they had you on the bes plan 44.99 and the 5gig tethering for 29.99 makes you... a liar. Impossible to activate it that way. Sounds like a lie to get people talking someone should lock this post.
    Last edited by blue_and_bold; 08-03-09 at 10:09 AM.
    08-03-09 09:38 AM
    Yep, not just VZW..

the worst is the cable companies w/ "3 free mo. of HBO".. and who calls to cancel after that long?

Mainly the issue is read what you sign and ask questions..
    08-03-09 10:06 AM
    It takes 1 minute to read over the reciept lol. And the fact that they had you on the bes plan 44.99 and the 5gig tethering for 29.99 makes you... a liar. Impossible to activate it that way. Sounds like a lie to get people talking someone should lock this post.
    It wasn't on the receipt......... It was a letter I had received in the mail..... if I cared enough I'd dig it up out of the trash and take a pic. What on earth would be my motivation to lie about this? Seriously, you need grow up, I was just doing a little venting and wondering if people had similar experiences, christ. I ALWAYS READ before I sign. To the point where people behind me get annoyed because I take too long to go over the fine print. SO stop judging.

I called the rep and she didn't know wtf it was either. I repeat.... it said it was a 1 month free promotional offer that had the 44.99/month plan, PLUS a 30.00 (not 29.99 as you mentioned above) that was a separate charge. I have NEVER SEEN THAT ANYWHERE BEFORE, that is ONE reason why I posted it. Because I thought tethering was a 15.00 option, to bring the 29.99 data plan up to 44.99. I'm not a freaking ******. The original receipt DOES NOT have these items on it. It is really disturbing how much flaming I get for voicing an experience I had with Verizon. I love Verizon, I was just shocked when I received this letter that seemed to be a complete crock to me. So, stop coming on here acting all high and mighty patrolling threads and stirring **** up. Thank you.
    08-03-09 11:43 PM
    Zomg crackberry is the sewius business.

08-03-09 11:53 PM
    Zomg crackberry is the sewius business.

lol... I didn't mean to get too snappy, but I hate how you can't post a thread anymore on a forum that is meant to help and inform people without the fear of being flamed. It's just a little absurd to me
    08-03-09 11:56 PM
    Lighten up gang!

08-04-09 08:05 AM
    simply put, I would have contacted them and said, "these things were added without my consent; therefore, I wish to have them removed. thank you for your time". Just remember 99 times out of a hundred, the person you are talking to on the phone didn't muck it up, but more often than not they can fix it. I wouldn't help anyone who yelled and screamed; so why should they?
    08-04-09 11:54 AM
    simply put, I would have contacted them and said, "these things were added without my consent; therefore, I wish to have them removed. thank you for your time". Just remember 99 times out of a hundred, the person you are talking to on the phone didn't muck it up, but more often than not they can fix it. I wouldn't help anyone who yelled and screamed; so why should they?
    Great advice, especially where it concerns dealing with customer service as a whole - but how much would you like to bet that too many who come here yelling & screaming called 611 yelling & screaming?

08-04-09 12:18 PM
    LOL I'm sorry to bump this thread but I find it funny that on the CB homepage, it mentions the 1 month free promotion of the $30 mobile connect plan that I mentioned. Meanwhile, people were calling me a liar posting this to get attention Just amuses me. See people, the interwebz aren't that serious, no need to try to call people out
    08-06-09 10:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD